Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you re-elect Trump?
YES 371 48.69%
NO 391 51.31%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:45 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,751,154 times

Advertisements

City-Data polls are the best in the USA. It is all accurately done. A simple way to know how people think. Thank You City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Take the poll again after April 15, 2018 when everyone is fondling their bigger tax refund.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Take the poll again after April 15, 2018 when everyone is fondling their bigger tax refund.
not exactly thrilled with the new plan...lots of good, but also some bad...especially for the middleclass

I think the new brackets are good...especially helps the poor

I think a higher STD deduction is great...

not sure I like the loss of the personal exemption.... that's 4k per family member...so for me with a family of 6, that's 24k that I am able to take off the top...and since I only earn 70k that will hurt

also not sure about losing some of the itemized things like credit for tax already paid else where... my property tax for my tiny property is 12k.... and also possibly (since nothing is written in stone yet) the loss of the medical cost writeoff, or the retirement(401k) deduction (((all under the schedule A)

the base idea is a start....lets see if the government can get it write in the actual plan/law

too many times (especially from the liberals) has a base idea been great, but the final plan ends up awful for the average american

Old 09-29-2017, 08:44 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
too many times (especially from the liberals) has a base idea been great, but the final plan ends up awful for the average american
Isn't this classic?

In the process of criticizing what is the GOP tax reform bill, let's be sure to muddy the waters and drag in this "from the liberals," even when it's just the GOP to blame. Forever unable to simply call a spade a spade and admit when the GOP is to blame -- wrong again -- plain and simple.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:48 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:

also not sure about losing some of the itemized things like credit for tax already paid else where... my property tax for my tiny property is 12k.... and also possibly (since nothing is written in stone yet) the loss of the medical cost writeoff, or the retirement(401k) deduction (((all under the schedule A)
The plan rolled out Tuesday would keep in place deductions for mortgage interest and charitable donations. But, in a move to help offset other major cuts in the plan, many other itemized deductions would be scrapped.

Chief among them are deductions for property taxes, which in Democrat-dominated states like New York, California, New Jersey and Illinois, dwarf the levies of more fiscally sound states. The taxes fund schools, streets and uniform services, but they also pay for the swollen union contracts and crippling pension debts that have several states on the brink of bankruptcy.

New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo slammed the proposal, saying the loss of the deduction could cost New Yorkers more than $17 billion.

“It would penalize this state,” said New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who said the “death blow” could cost residents of his state a collective $17 billion. “It is the height of hypocrisy. You have an administration saying, 'I want to cut taxes,' and now literally they want to tax you on the taxes that you pay.”

Republican call to strip property tax deduction spurs outcry from blue states | Fox News

Lots of people will revolt against this too...

One thing is to stop the deduction for property taxes going forward. At least then you know what you're getting into when you buy property on which you can't deduct the property taxes. Quite another when you bought the property when property taxes were deductible, obviously part of the buying decision, and then the deduction is eliminated? For all American families who finally were able to buy their home, "the American dream," in part because the property taxes ARE deductible.

Now. Surprise!?!

If anything, eliminate the deduction for second homes, maybe a little less benefit for the most wealthy, as appropriate, but for your primary home? This helps the average American?

Thanks again Trump and the GOP! Can't imagine this is going to be another mess of direction like with our health care system, but really?!?

Old 09-29-2017, 10:40 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
429 votes as of this post and still 51% for yes....
Once you take out the paid trolls it drops to 26% for yes

Old 09-29-2017, 01:49 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Once you take out the paid trolls it drops to 26% for yes
Wrong.

Based on the names I see, nothing has changed, nobody has switched.

Paid trolls? Besides being against the TOS Thankyouverymuch, where would you get such an idea? Oh yeah, that's right. If ya spot it, you got it.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:42 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Isn't this classic?

In the process of criticizing what is the GOP tax reform bill, let's be sure to muddy the waters and drag in this "from the liberals," even when it's just the GOP to blame. Forever unable to simply call a spade a spade and admit when the GOP is to blame -- wrong again -- plain and simple.
how was the housing bubble for the people.....great idea, making housing more affordable for minorities...but poor plan by Clinton in 1995

Last edited by workingclasshero; 09-29-2017 at 07:23 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 06:55 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
how was the housing bubble for the people.....great idea, making housing more affordable for minorities...but poor plan by clinton
In their defense, this housing bubble started way back into the Reagan Administration. It's not all the WH administration's fault Wall Street, the banks, regulators etc. became a bunch of coke snorting stripper watching criminals.

I use the word became loosely here.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
At this point, definitely not. I'm hoping to see an emotionally mature, federalist/libertarian-leaning Republican run for 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies