Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2017, 10:19 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You seem to have left out the bit where a very senior government official declared that the players should lose their jobs as a consequence.
He is allowed to voice his opinion. I don't see any government edict issued to fire them. Do you??? However, the NFL due to their contract can fire their employees, or reprimand them, but they don't have the stones to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 10:21 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Meh, religion as practiced within the family circle is a very different kettle of fish.
You missed my point. So meh back at ya.

YOU KNOW if the kid says grace before meal in public school, some would tell him to stop. Why bother denying it.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:22 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,794,600 times
Taking a step back. There is no evidence what so ever that there's some grand conspiracy where all the police are targeting black people. Black people are just committing crimes at a disproportionate rates, not only in comparison to whites but in comparison to every other race too. The primary victims of their crimes are other black people so the police need to be in their neighborhoods to protect black people from other black people resulting in more encounters with police.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:23 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Him understanding and conveying why he is doing it should also be part of the equation. Otherwise he is parroting that which he sees without knowing why. Which is in and of itself detrimental to him as he grows up.
That cuts both ways. Perhaps we should refrain from even discussing the pledge with children who are too young to understand its implications, for better or worse.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:24 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Like I said, to each her/his own. To me, it is exactly teaching the children structure and self-discipline. They (children) might not like it, but they sometimes have to do things they don't like.
Sure.
We could make up all kinds of tasks that children don't like.
They could scrub the teachers' shoes clean at the beginning of each day.
They could stand out in the rain or heat for hours at a time
They could needlessly rearrange all the class rooms
They could dig holes and fill them back up

Would you consider these activities on par with standing for the pledge?

Or do you prefer forced indoctrination?

Old 10-01-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Taking a step back. There is no evidence what so ever that there's some grand conspiracy where all the police are targeting black people. Black people are just committing crimes at a disproportionate rates, not only in comparison to whites but in comparison to every other race too. The primary victims of their crimes are other black people so the police need to be in their neighborhoods to protect black people from other black people resulting in more encounters with police.
I think it is more about the training and war on drugs. Race has very little to do with the so called police brutality.

Many don't want to find the real answers, blaming on racists is an easy answer.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Sure.

dude, I never said children should be forced to stand up.

I said, "it is not a bad thing."

sheesh

I even said, "to me, it is teaching the kids self discipline and structure. but if you want to teach your children other things, feel free." Not good enough for you? Do I must agree with your every damn word?

Old 10-01-2017, 10:25 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
What on Earth are you on about?
I doubt even he knows.

I'd guess it's vaguely a whine about right wing nutjobs facing consequences for their "protests."

Mind you, nutjob right wing wingers are able to "protest" by staging an armed takeover of a federal facility and face no consequences...

Old 10-01-2017, 10:26 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
That cuts both ways. Perhaps we should refrain from even discussing the pledge with children who are too young to understand its implications, for better or worse.
I taught my children the meaning of the pledge and so did the school. I expect parents to parent and teach their kids, whether they are standing or not, and to know and understand the reason why.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:26 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Sure.

Liberal/Progressive FORCED INDOCTRINATION is all I see in most of Education, and Media today. That is where PC culture comes from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies