Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 02:33 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times

Advertisements

Imagine the trouble the teacher would receive if he/she discussed some truths about the kneel with the class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 02:37 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Imagine the trouble the teacher would receive if he/she discussed some truths about the kneel with the class.
You haven't seen virulent leftist protesting and rage until a teacher tries to tell the students the truth about the nature of a "protest" that doesn't conform to the leftists' required agenda.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:39 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
I don't care if he stand, kneels, sits, or does all three (Catholic aerobics). However, I was raised to be respectful of those things I valued. One of them was my country, which I valued because it offered me the most freedom, and liberty. This kid is free to kneel during the pledge, and I am free to judge his parents as idiots.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:40 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Him understanding and conveying why he is doing it should also be part of the equation. Otherwise he is parroting that which he sees without knowing why. Which is in and of itself detrimental to him as he grows up.
Yes, like all the flag-waving, bible-thumping 'Murka folks who don't seem to have a good grasp of The Constitution.

And btw, standing for the pledge because 'everyone else is doing it' and not really understanding why is just as bad as kneeling for it and not really understanding why.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:40 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

....it wasn’t until a 6-year-old boy went down on one knee in his classroom during the pledge of allegiance that parents began to realize that the political issue may need their attention.

In a first-grade classroom in Pasco County, Fla., on Monday, a young boy was reprimanded by his teacher for kneeling during the Pledge of Allegiance. Without being offered an opportunity to discuss his reasoning behind the action, the boy was told to stand up and stop his protest.

I just wanted to let you know that this morning when it was time to do the Pledge of Allegiance, [your son] went down on one knee,” the student’s teacher told his mother through a text message. “I knew where he had seen it but I did tell him that in the classroom we are learning what it means to be a good citizen we’re learning about respecting the United States of America and our country symbols and showing loyalty and patriotism and that we stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. I know its a sensitive issue but I wanted to make you aware. Thanks

The boy’s mother immediately took her case to the school’s principal, requesting that her son be placed in a different class.

snore, putin would love to see how the hardliner right wingers are suddenly crying about who stands and who does not.

meanwhile many kids in many states don't say the pledge and have not for years and years. and take a look at the crowd, half on them are lining up for food, sitting eating, walking about .... why are they not all saying the pledge...?

whole thing is dumb and always has been. It is hyper nationalism intended to indoctrinate generation after generation and ensure plenty of willing fools to fight pointless and endless wars. (not claiming we dont need a military but we do need to stop making up reasons to start wars )

Old 09-30-2017, 02:41 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't care if he stand, kneels, sits, or does all three (Catholic aerobics). However, I was raised to be respectful of those things I valued. One of them was my country, which I valued because it offered me the most freedom, and liberty. This kid is free to kneel during the pledge, and I am free to judge his parents as idiots.
Well, this country sucks and doesn't offer much freedom or liberty anymore, so really no values left to respect.

Maybe once we get rid of the dictator in the White House, the Republican traitors in Congress, and the cave-dwelling cult that enables them, we can return to respect what American is supposed to stand for.

Until then, we're no better than 3rd world dictatorships.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:42 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Him understanding and conveying why he is doing it should also be part of the equation. Otherwise he is parroting that which he sees without knowing why. Which is in and of itself detrimental to him as he grows up.
you mean like 99.00% of people who believe in a religion? you don't often see people change unless it is for marriage. thus they are just "believing" whatever they were exposed to early and often...

Old 09-30-2017, 02:42 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
snore, putin would love to see how
Wow. It took more than a page and a half, more than fifteen minutes, before the desperate liberals started shouting, "Hey, look over there! Russia! Russia!"

You guys must have woken up really late this morning.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:48 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Wow. It took more than a page and a half, more than fifteen minutes, before the desperate liberals started shouting, "Hey, look over there! Russia! Russia!"

You guys must have woken up really late this morning.
Fun fact: The first time I ever heard of the concept of a daily patriotic pledge in the classroom was watching a documentary on Soviet schools. But, of course - just a standard ritual in which all participate.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:49 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The same applies to the students who choose to stand. Otherwise it cheapens patriotism.
I would think that is a given. I taught mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies