Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 08:57 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Post is pure bovine excrement.

But list those things that can auto fire at an equivalent rates and have 100 round magazines. Sensible thing would be to ban them as well.
There's a 100 round magazine for everything.

Bought 1 for my Glock at a gun show a month ago.

Have 100 round magazines for every rifle short of my M1A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. What on earth do you think a bump stock does. It may auto fire slowly..but it auto fires.
No. It doesnt.

Read em and weap

Old 01-27-2018, 09:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
No. It doesnt.

Read em and weap
Your post indicates you have limited understanding.

An AR15 with a bump stock does not require any trigger pull to fire and keep firing.

All demonstrated by Paddock.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Your post indicates you have limited understanding.

An AR15 with a bump stock does not require any trigger pull to fire and keep firing.

All demonstrated by Paddock.
LOL apparently you can't read.... otherwise the ATF wouldn't have approved it.

We had this argument long long ago. Just stop. You're clueless.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:39 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think so. Strange thing is, where alot of murders take place, some of the strictest gun laws are in place. Baltimore, Newark, Oakland.
It's not strange. The gun laws don't work. There isn't a positive correlation between stricter gun laws and reduced gun violence. There is a positive correlation between Black population percentages and gun violence. In other words, we can better predict the level of gun violence in a city based on the percentage of the population that is Black than we can based on the area's gun laws.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:39 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,575,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

I have yet to understand the point in banning and restricting and curtailing the rights of all based on the actions of few... I don't get the false equivalency here. Do you?

Its part of the big picture for them. They want to disarm America so that they can take it over and have no resistance. Look at whats coming out in the News about the underhanded conspiracies to that took over the Justice Department and the FBI in an effort to fix the elections and make sure Trump would never be elected. The ony reason we are hearing about it is because HIllary did not win. If she had won, all this would have been buried and the Democrat Liberal Snowflakes would have taken over the Nation. The only reason they did not do it by force is because America is armed to the teeth and they could not win against the number of Patriots here that would NEVER permit it without a fight. These people are still active and we see them here and in other groups, still trying to push their agenda on disarming the Nation. They will fail, same as they have always failed.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Post is utter nonsense. Mosk is about to send a red Tesla to orbit the sun. You really think that makes a Tesla coupe an ultimate space vehicle?

Post is utter nonsense. Mosk is about to send a red Tesla to orbit the sun. You really think that makes a Tesla coupe an ultimate space vehicle

Old 01-27-2018, 09:53 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay then. What do you propose we do about it? I'm not saying the statistics are lies. However, you brought them up for a reason. If to you race is the problem, what is your solution?
I can't speak for the person you quoted, but for a lot of gun owners the only reason to bring this up is because we (Americans in general) get caught up in arguing over the semi-auto AR platform rifle. Because this particular rifle has been the weapon of choice in some of the more recently and deadly shootings, it's understandable that the discussion takes that turn. At the same time, those who want more and more gun laws like to quote statistics that include the shootings from inner cities that are gang-related and largely done by young black men. They also like to use stats that include suicides. It muddies the 'waters'.

There's really no easy solution for any of these issues, but a lot of us think it would be helpful if we stopped lumping every shooting into the same category. They are separate issues at the root, and none of them can be fixed by implementing more laws. The only thing that would make a difference is complete confiscation, and that is not going to happen in this country. Not at this point, anyway, so all the talk about banning certain guns or features is pointless and only serves to drive a bigger wedge among gun owners and non-owners. Many gun owners I know have reached a point where they won't even discuss it anymore.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I don't dislike ARs. If I had to bust into a hostile room I would want a fully automatic AR. But Paddock, Mateen and Johnson show me why they may not be good things to have widely around. And Paddock apparently had some with 100 round magazines. Got off something like 2000 shots in something like 10 minutes.

And even a very good rifleman would not have approached that death toll with an M1.

You do an awful lot of "Speculation" for some one who apparently has very little knowledge of firearms.

Same garbage you hear from every other Gun Grabber. Their idea is not to ban just the AR. That's just the way for them to get their foot on the door, so they can add on every semi-auto weapon and then work on the other ones that's left. They aren't fooling anyone. They have been around for years and years, and failed years and years.

Hundred round magazines? Nah. He had a mini gun bazooka that fired 200 rounds at once.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I can't speak for the person you quoted, but for a lot of gun owners the only reason to bring this up is because we (Americans in general) get caught up in arguing over the semi-auto AR platform rifle. Because this particular rifle has been the weapon of choice in some of the more recently and deadly shootings, it's understandable that the discussion takes that turn. At the same time, those who want more and more gun laws like to quote statistics that include the shootings from inner cities that are gang-related and largely done by young black men. They also like to use stats that include suicides. It muddies the 'waters'.

There's really no easy solution for any of these issues, but a lot of us think it would be helpful if we stopped lumping every shooting into the same category. They are separate issues at the root, and none of them can be fixed by implementing more laws. The only thing that would make a difference is complete confiscation, and that is not going to happen in this country. Not at this point, anyway, so all the talk about banning certain guns or features is pointless and only serves to drive a bigger wedge among gun owners and non-owners. Many gun owners I know have reached a point where they won't even discuss it anymore.

And even more gun owners have decided to ignore any gun laws now, or in the future, because there are so many, it takes a lawyer to figure out which one applies to you, and some of them are so stupid that they are based on what the gun looks like, and if its a "scary" looking gun. Most of these laws are introduced by morons who have never fired a gun and don't know the difference between a Muzzle brake and a the emergency brake on their cars. So the best solution is to ignore them all and get what you want. Lets face it, if you NEED to get out your AR15s or any Weapon to defend your Country or your family from any hostile person or persons, a gun Law is the last thing that's going to matter.

FACT not Fiction...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies