Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2018, 06:43 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"
Sen. Dianne Feinstein reintroduces assault weapons ban legislation

Every ONE who supports the 2nd Amendmnet SHOULD read this

She also WANTS to confiscate GUNS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCRKv-szJlo

So does Hillary which is WHY we CANNOT allow the dems to re-takes control of Congress and the WH

I sincerely HOPE that if we get a more conservative Supreme Court many of these state laws which are in direct confliction, "'shall NOT be in fringed'" to the 2nd Amendment will be challenged and overturned.
She's a hypocrite, she had a concealed carry permit...

What's good for me is not for thee. She also enjoys the luxury of armed protection... probably lives in a gated and fenced property. Away from reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
She's a hypocrite, she had a concealed carry permit...

What's good for me is not for thee. She also enjoys the luxury of armed protection... probably lives in a gated and fenced property. Away from reality.
"She's a hypocrite, she had a concealed carry permit..."

I know which makes her position even worse!

Old 01-28-2018, 08:30 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your post is an outright lie. I have never suggested that the AR15 is "only" a bullet fire hose. I have agreed it has m any other uses. But it still is usable as a bullet hose. And that is the problem. And virtually all its other usages have other alternatives.

You can of course continue to obfuscate and duck. But it will remain that the really interesting use of the AR15 is to kill a lot of people quick. And if you need facts check out Paddock, Johnson and Mateen.

And yes you can kill a lot of people quick with as truck. So we are instslling bollasrds along the strip. Tell me how you install bollards against an AR15.

And think about how bad Paddock could have been. Had he not panicked and shot himself he could likely have gotten another 100 people or more. He had the position and the resources...

Lol. Priceless. You have repeatedly stated and just did so AGAIN here that the only use for an AR style rifle is to spray bullets and kill people. And you go as far as to call me a liar? You are fond of bringing up shooters like Paddock and have even stated that the level of mayhem he inflicted could not have been approached even by a good rifleman with an M1 (A or Garand you didn't specify). Now THAT is absolute bilge.

Charles Whitman killed 15 people and seriously wounded 30 more with a 3 shot bolt action hunting rifle. If he had been using an M1 of either generation that toll would have been far higher. Interestingly the AR 15 was available on the commercial market when that happened but that's not what he chose to use. He also had an M1 Carbine with high capacity mags and he didn't even use it.

The AR has been commercially available since the 60s, but we didn't see these nut jobs using them until the early 90s, most of those following the original AWB that was touted as going after the infamous AK 47 on the heels of the Stockton schoolyard shootings by Patrick Purdey.

Now the AK IS a bullet hose. It's accuracy is minute of bucket even at ranges of 100 yards and under and it is not widely used for hunting purposes (though I have seen it used for feral hogs) and they are never seen in competition events. That's still no reason to ban them but the focus is on the AR these days.

Though I do use my AR to hunt and will be using the heavy I'm building I do and will use them primarily in competition. I can put together a rifle for service competition for a lot less cost than I would have to lay out for an M1A or Garand that performs equally as well. The AR has turned into the rifle of choice for serious competitors and since it is current issue that's not surprising.

Garands and M1As are prohibitively expensive due to the efforts of gun control nuts lobbying to see surplus destroyed rather than auctioned off. Many fine 1911s have met that same fate. Neither the Garand nor the M1A has ever been used in any sort of mass shooting but both are still on the ban happy bunches list. This isn't specifically about the AR. It ALL semi auto service style rifles. To say otherwise is an outright lie.

Banning the AR would take service competition totally of the table for millions of people. That may not sound like a big deal to you but it is for we who compete in these matches. Like it or not the AR is here to stay. Those of us who own and use them are following over two centuries worth of American tradition in using the same rifles the military uses for lawful uses. Shooting is a martial skill. No different from many others including Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Keno/Kenjutsu, boxing , archery the list goes on.

But unlike many of those other arts shooting requires use of advanced mathematics, physics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and applied engineering etc. Contrary to what many believe it is not a brainless skill that relies only on a trigger finger. The AR platform is currently top of the heap for the top precision rifle skills and will be until someone comes up with plasma based weapons and makes the metallic cartridge obsolete.

I have to say that in the views you present here you are repeatedly showing yourself to be far out of your depth regarding firearms capabilities and their use. You speak in absolutes, and then froth at the mouth when someone calls you on your BS preferring to hurl insulting rhetoric rather than actually demonstrate a true knowledge of the subject at hand.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:14 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Then we can't have a discussion then.

Plain and simple.

Not willing to read? Not willing to debate or honestly discuss it.
Perplexing this, since it seems I feel the same way about you...

If you can't bother to identify how we disagree and why, so that we can perhaps focus on those specifics rather than spend all that time reviewing rheims of commentary, fine, but don't confuse the issue here any further. I'm more than willing to read, debate and honestly discuss. I'm just not inclined to take all that time to read your numerous and lengthy comments in search for what points of fact relevant to our respective opinions about gun control, your bottom line. There's your plain and simple.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:05 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Perplexing this, since it seems I feel the same way about you...

If you can't bother to identify how we disagree and why, so that we can perhaps focus on those specifics rather than spend all that time reviewing rheims of commentary, fine, but don't confuse the issue here any further. I'm more than willing to read, debate and honestly discuss. I'm just not inclined to take all that time to read your numerous and lengthy comments in search for what points of fact relevant to our respective opinions about gun control, your bottom line. There's your plain and simple.
Uhh... if you read it... you'd have your answer.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:21 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol. Priceless. You have repeatedly stated and just did so AGAIN here that the only use for an AR style rifle is to spray bullets and kill people. And you go as far as to call me a liar? You are fond of bringing up shooters like Paddock and have even stated that the level of mayhem he inflicted could not have been approached even by a good rifleman with an M1 (A or Garand you didn't specify). Now THAT is absolute bilge.

Charles Whitman killed 15 people and seriously wounded 30 more with a 3 shot bolt action hunting rifle. If he had been using an M1 of either generation that toll would have been far higher. Interestingly the AR 15 was available on the commercial market when that happened but that's not what he chose to use. He also had an M1 Carbine with high capacity mags and he didn't even use it.

The AR has been commercially available since the 60s, but we didn't see these nut jobs using them until the early 90s, most of those following the original AWB that was touted as going after the infamous AK 47 on the heels of the Stockton schoolyard shootings by Patrick Purdey.

Now the AK IS a bullet hose. It's accuracy is minute of bucket even at ranges of 100 yards and under and it is not widely used for hunting purposes (though I have seen it used for feral hogs) and they are never seen in competition events. That's still no reason to ban them but the focus is on the AR these days.

Though I do use my AR to hunt and will be using the heavy I'm building I do and will use them primarily in competition. I can put together a rifle for service competition for a lot less cost than I would have to lay out for an M1A or Garand that performs equally as well. The AR has turned into the rifle of choice for serious competitors and since it is current issue that's not surprising.

Garands and M1As are prohibitively expensive due to the efforts of gun control nuts lobbying to see surplus destroyed rather than auctioned off. Many fine 1911s have met that same fate. Neither the Garand nor the M1A has ever been used in any sort of mass shooting but both are still on the ban happy bunches list. This isn't specifically about the AR. It ALL semi auto service style rifles. To say otherwise is an outright lie.

Banning the AR would take service competition totally of the table for millions of people. That may not sound like a big deal to you but it is for we who compete in these matches. Like it or not the AR is here to stay. Those of us who own and use them are following over two centuries worth of American tradition in using the same rifles the military uses for lawful uses. Shooting is a martial skill. No different from many others including Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Keno/Kenjutsu, boxing , archery the list goes on.

But unlike many of those other arts shooting requires use of advanced mathematics, physics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and applied engineering etc. Contrary to what many believe it is not a brainless skill that relies only on a trigger finger. The AR platform is currently top of the heap for the top precision rifle skills and will be until someone comes up with plasma based weapons and makes the metallic cartridge obsolete.

I have to say that in the views you present here you are repeatedly showing yourself to be far out of your depth regarding firearms capabilities and their use. You speak in absolutes, and then froth at the mouth when someone calls you on your BS preferring to hurl insulting rhetoric rather than actually demonstrate a true knowledge of the subject at hand.
And your post again shows your biias is so strong that your reading comprehension is effected.

I clearly said that the AR15 has many other uses. But unfortunately is still a bullet fire hose. There is no technical discussion involved. That is the facts.

And I am not simply an engineer I am a pretty good physicists. I am not a gun hobbyist and simply consider a gun as another useful device. I have however more than enough experience to know a bullet hose when I see one. And ai find it absurd that anyone argues the point after Oct 1. And a Nevadan!!

Old 01-28-2018, 10:25 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay then. What do you propose we do about it? I'm not saying the statistics are lies. However, you brought them up for a reason. If to you race is the problem, what is your solution?
Until the prevailing culture changes..... then --> racial profiling, sterilization, outlaw "Gansta" rap, ban single parents, no welfare, no handouts unless you have a full time job...... kid skips school = no welfare,

Get out of line and don't straighten up..... get shipped to Africa where they will show you how to behave.

This is a culture war and it needs to be solved by any means necessary....

There is a reason true patriotic motherland Africans HATE blacks in the US

This seem normal to you?

Yet its a SEVERE problem with culture.

I do this my father beats my ass and I'm reported and in jail until I change my ways.

Not in the AA community... this crap is tolerated, celebrated and encouraged.

Fine upstanding citizens.

People in the 60's who fought and gave their lives for an entire community's freedom are rolling over in their graves over what the AA community has become.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:34 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
My post on #3765 was not addressed at you; but was in fact addressed NVplumber & NY_refugee87 both of whom have already shown interest in the AR15 platform.

I am more than capable of having a intelligent and honest discussion about gun control and gun laws. One of the biggest problems is there are already thousands of gun laws on the books as it is, and in most cases the firearm change's in commission of a crime is the first thing that is plea bargained away.

Those firearm charges should not be bargained away. Each one should add many years to a person's sentence. Prisons should also be treated as work programs, there are many jobs that are both dangerous and backbreaking that need to be done. This would be the perfect jobs for prisoners to do, have them fitted with collars like in Running Man, you try and escape and you head explodes.

Prisons should not be treated like as time to work out the body and get an education. It should be treated as harsh punishment for a crime in the first place.

Most likely if a person feared the prison sentence in the first place they would think twice about committing the crime before hand.
Not sure my comment was addressed ONLY to you either but simply the general observation after following more than a few gun threads that inevitably the exchange of gun detail will tend to go on in disproportionate volume to the comments related to the subject of gun control and/or gun violence in America.

Compare/contrast to a thread about the drug problem, for example, or freeway auto deaths. You don't have people going off describing all the different drugs and ways to make them, take them. Regarding auto deaths, you don't have so many comments about all the makes and models of cars. Just saying...

No worries, however. I also understand the want to veer from a thread topic if/when a sub-topic is touched upon. Just nothing like this in gun threads.

You get closer to the mark with your comments expressing your opinion about how to run prisons, for example. I suppose we all have our opinions and perspectives about all that sort of thing too. The question about how well harsher punishments helps to curtail crime is another subject heavily studied and scrutinized. I can't help but always think that if there were any easy truly effective answers, we'd be implementing them.

On the other hand, I suppose even that assumption can easily be subject to debate as well...

Old 01-28-2018, 10:44 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Until the prevailing culture changes..... then --> racial profiling, sterilization, outlaw "Gansta" rap, ban single parents, no welfare, no handouts unless you have a full time job...... kid skips school = no welfare,

Get out of line and don't straighten up..... get shipped to Africa where they will show you how to behave.

This is a culture war and it needs to be solved by any means necessary....

There is a reason true patriotic motherland Africans HATE blacks in the US

This seem normal to you?

Yet its a SEVERE problem with culture.

I do this my father beats my ass and I'm reported and in jail until I change my ways.

Not in the AA community... this crap is tolerated, celebrated and encouraged.

Fine upstanding citizens.

People in the 60's who fought and gave their lives for an entire community's freedom are rolling over in their graves over what the AA community has become.
It has been a long time ago (68-70) when I was in the army, but the blacks from the north and the ones from the south did not associate with each other. It was two entirely different cultures.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:47 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And your post again shows your biias is so strong that your reading comprehension is effected.

I clearly said that the AR15 has many other uses. But unfortunately is still a bullet fire hose. There is no technical discussion involved. That is the facts.

And I am not simply an engineer I am a pretty good physicists. I am not a gun hobbyist and simply consider a gun as another useful device. I have however more than enough experience to know a bullet hose when I see one. And ai find it absurd that anyone argues the point after Oct 1. And a Nevadan!!
And if the shooter had used a different type of rifle, there are many more powerful that have 100 round magazines and shoot at the same speed, you can also use a bump stock on them, would you call a different one "a bullet fire hose"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies