Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 10:14 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

Asking "what this thread is" and if the OP was "legitimately serious" is cryptic?

Seems rather clear what I am implying.

If this was satire, I could accept it. As a serious post, this might be the biggest joke of a thread on the C-D forums right now.

I am a man, and I have literally no idea what the OP is talking about. Men as a "forgotten group"...lol, what?
Yes, it's serious. One guy even said women are flourishing while men are out making $10/hr. Are you making $10/hr? I gotta admit, I am flourishing, though.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:16 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
hahaha don't get mad, what I said is totally true. Yeah I'm sure what a lot of guys write is pretty dumb too. The difference though is women do the picking, not men. It's a hunter vs gatherer thing. With great power comes great responsibility. BUT that is all off topic and will go out of context, I was merely replying to that specific person.
It depends on the market IMO. In NYC, where single women far outnumber single men, it's a man's market. I have some drop dead gorgeous friends who can never find a guy to stick around. There are also a revolving door of beautiful, young women moving in who just want to have fun in their twenties.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:20 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
A lot of women's problems are simply due to picking the wrong guy, overlooking a lot of guys that only make an average amount of money, or having children that they can't afford out of wedlock. Or having some silly obsession with guys with tattoos that ride motorcycles or something. These are personal decisions they make, not society deciding for them.

You wouldn't believe how many online dating profiles of women where they say some really stupid crap.."love men with tattoos and piercings, rides motorcycles, etc. " I mean, that sounds really stupid for someone that's looking for a guy that will treat them well. It's like seriously, what are you 12 years old?
Could be a regional thing, but I never ran into women profiles that said stuff like that.

Most were either pretty bare (and were basically just their photos - often probably enough to get an overwhelming amount of messages), or they were filled in with lots of helpful information about them. Once in a while, you'd run by a "I'm looking for" or "won't date" kind of profile, and I generally ignored them (anyone with their mind that made up has never been attractive to me).

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
It depends on the market IMO. In NYC, where single women far outnumber single men, it's a man's market. I have some drop dead gorgeous friends who can never find a guy to stick around. There are also a revolving door of beautiful, young women moving in who just want to have fun in their twenties.
Same here in OC, but men have the same problems too.

When you have more "options", you can afford to be a little bit picky. It is what it is.

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Yes, it's serious. One guy even said women are flourishing while men are out making $10/hr. Are you making $10/hr? I gotta admit, I am flourishing, though.
I think a lot of it is that some men feel threatened. The playing field is being leveled and men are no longer the default. But it does bring to light that our changing environment has created some legitimate issues that men don't seem to be addressing effectively.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Lightbulb Do you agree that Men are becoming a forgotten group in America?

I'd agree that there is a sizeable group of insecure, fragile men who are frightened that they're slipping into irrelevance.

There's a safe space available for them.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:

You wouldn't believe how many online dating profiles of women where they say some really stupid crap.."love men with tattoos and piercings, rides motorcycles, etc. " I mean, that sounds really stupid for someone that's looking for a guy that will treat them well. It's like seriously, what are you 12 years old?
I guess different women look for different things in men, so I won't judge. In my opinion, not many women I know like men with tattoos and body piercings. ( I don't mind small tattoos, especially the ones military men usually have)

I think a lot of women have codependent issues, they settle for being needed, not loved. Many women like to fix men's problems.

I have a girlfriend who dated a man with drug problems. She couldn't leave him because "Oh, he is so vulnerable and is always in pain." He has nasty bad breath due to the drugs he uses; he is verbally and physically abusive.. what makes him so attractive? I have no ideas.

Seriously? Dude needs a therapist, not a girlfriend.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Same here in OC, but men have the same problems too.

When you have more "options", you can afford to be a little bit picky. It is what it is.

In areas such as NYC and SoCal/NoCal they are mostly likely looking for men that are high earners. It's only a man's market because they're restricting their options heavily, so they make the numbers game work against them, not for them. I'm sure there's lots of single attractive guys with good personalities that only make an average amount of money.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:34 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
when did men start becoming such coddled babies?
They do it to themselves. It's a generational thing.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:38 AM

I don’t even know what a feminist is.

Does it mean that, “feminism”, stop looking at us with lust. If so, that is Ridiculous! I think feminism is for women who don’t hate, but want their gender to be viewed with dignity.

Men have been hurt, men have to struggle with views and mindsets that they have been taught from society. Men struggle to find their way just as women do. I think women and men can learn to put yourself in other people's shoes.

It doesn’t necessarily change my view, but softens my perspective and responses to their differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies