Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 07:54 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
You can thank my wife for that analogy. We both are musicians, and it's an Inside joke between us for years.

We used to go to the EMP museum in Seattle and perform in front of people. I could shred Van Halen's Eruption without someone so much as raising an eyebrow, well she can play and old school Metallica riff and a crowd would form.
Perhaps she is just better that you.
How many male bands and musicians are there compared to females. Which gender gets the biggest bucks?

Old 10-19-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ms. Pac Man never changed her name to Mrs. Pac Man.

Another feminazi.

Thanks for bringing that up.
Talk about forgotten. This stupid tradition of a woman changing her name or in essence giving up her autonomy and identity. Too often we have female clients who marry/remarry and change their name so now I have no idea who Veronica Apple is. Yesterday she was Veronica Pear. Its difficult to find old high school friends because they now have a different name so you just forget about them. God forbid they marry 2 or 3 times, you will never find them.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Generally speaking, men, because they perform so much better than women in higher level math and science classes , don't have trouble gaining admission to schools. Additionally, men often earn more because they are willing to take difficult, dirty and dangerous jobs that woman largely refuse to do. That explains why we have an achievement gap, but it doesn't explain why we have affirmative action.
I dont disagree but thus the reason for the pressure for girls to enter STEM courses and jobs and not boys, the reason the push for women to enter formally male jobs.
Since men are and have been for ever inundated in these fields there is no need to advertise to men.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
From what I have read studies have shown men are willing to work more hours than women, it's not that men are doing better than women. More women would rather work part time and be a mom than work 70 hours a week. Sure the men working 70 hours a week make more money, then they die at 62 a day after they retire lol. I'm sure some men would love to work part time and be a dad, it's not like they're given the option. Women simply don't want to do the jobs that entail sacrificing that much of your life.
Of course they have the option wanderlust.
Both genders have the option. Most men dont want to be a SAHD or give up their income or travel or promotions. And yes a lot of women chose to give it up. That is a couples decision to make.
If you think making a decision to quit your job and be a SAHM is not sacrificing much of your life, then you dont know what your talking about. You are basically sacrificing everything for your family's benefit.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:20 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times
[quote=2mares;49866240]
Quote:

Only in your head. That is personal opinion.
Again in your head.

All in your head. This may be the attitude of particular individuals and also be just the opposite for particular individuals.

You know I'm right, which is why you have no legit argument, but thanks for playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RaAgI7eZMg

Old 10-19-2017, 09:27 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Perhaps she is just better that you.
She's not. That's the point. She'd be the first to tell you that she's not even in the same universe in regards to her guitar playing abilities, but people are still far more impressed with her guitar playing skills because.........SHE'S A GIRL.

This same principle would apply if she were to do anything from chugging a beer to saying something interesting.

The bar is lower #youknowI'mright

Old 10-19-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:

You know I'm right, which is why you have no legit argument, but thanks for playing.

Whats to argue. some people may feel that way some may feel the opposite. There is plenty documentation showing ales dominate in the music genera, there is tons of documentation on male inventors, tons of male architects. The rest is just in your perception. I could make counter arguments but it wouldn't make them true either. There is nothing to back any of it up as a universal truth.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:32 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
She's not. That's the point. She'd be the first to tell you that she's not even in the same universe in regards to her guitar playing abilities, but people are still far more impressed with her guitar playing skills because.........SHE'S A GIRL.

This same principle would apply if she were to do anything from chugging a beer to saying something interesting.

It's not that people are saying who is better a lot of people just think a girl playing guitar is cool because it's rarer. Girls that are bassists are pretty rare too. Nikki in the Silversun Pickups is one of the only ones I can think of and she's really cool.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:

or because shes prettier than you or they like her style better or they are just feeling sorry for her. At any rate that is your one personal experience and perception.
Overall and throughout history men dominate the field of music as well. There are more male musicians they obtain greater notoriety and they are generally paid more. These universal truths trump your anecdotal evidence.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:35 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
This stupid tradition of a woman changing her name or in essence giving up her autonomy and identity. Too often we have female clients who marry/remarry and change their name so now I have no idea who Veronica Apple is. Yesterday she was Veronica Pear. Its difficult to find old high school friends because they now have a different name so you just forget about them. God forbid they marry 2 or 3 times, you will never find them.

This is changing. Many women keep their surname(last name) after marriage. More and more are doing this every year.

https://www.glamour.com/story/change...e-when-married

16.2 percent of women kept their maiden names in 1990, while 29.5 percent did in 2014.

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/01/13...ging-last-name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies