Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 02:24 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times

Advertisements

Who?

Old 10-18-2017, 02:31 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Your breast cancer survival rate is seriously flawed.

Women comprise a percentage of homeless and some are veterans. Homeless women with minor children tend to get priority for help over homeless males without minor children. Presumably the children of homeless may be male or female.

Veterans have the GI bill which provides benefits than non veterans do not recieve. Most veterans do not see combat.

Women are employed in the construction trades. Most construction workers work in the cold and rain unless they work in mild climates or areas where it rarely rains.

What's up with this male victimhood thing?
The only thing better is if they are male AND christian. The ultimate victimhood!

Old 10-18-2017, 02:40 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
[quote=jrt1979;49860516]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

If a guy is somewhat good at something like playing guitar or performing magic tricks, he's just some dude with a hobby. Show me a woman of equal talent, and people are blown away!

Of your entire hysterical rant, this one is hands-down the funniest.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:44 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
As a man myself, NO. Men control all the board rooms, drive all the policy, get the best paychecks for the same job, get the accolades if they sleep around (only women are sluts, right), and get to whine about paying for birth control even though it takes two to tango and women get stuck with the more challenging end of the deal (a screaming baby).

Hardly sounds to me like you have much to whine about. What men who complain are really upset about is that women ever got out of the kitchen and started making inroads towards fair societal treatment.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:57 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
[quote=Sactown4;49860984]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post

If a man takes the time to write 1500 posts of this length and stupidity, he still considers himself an intelligent guy, who makes the most of his time.
If a woman takes the time to do the same, who am I kidding, I have not met a woman that dumb, and full of themselves in my life.
Nothing in life will make someone more Angry than the truth.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:04 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am a man and do not worry about being forgotten. I actually worry about not being able to forget some things than being forgotten. In fact some days I would like to be forgotten.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:10 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post

Of your entire hysterical rant, this one is hands-down the funniest.
lol indeed very funny

Old 10-18-2017, 05:20 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
lol indeed very funny
You can thank my wife for that analogy. We both are musicians, and it's an Inside joke between us for years.

We used to go to the EMP museum in Seattle and perform in front of people. I could shred Van Halen's Eruption without someone so much as raising an eyebrow, well she can play and old school Metallica riff and a crowd would form.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:22 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
You can thank my wife for that analogy. We both are musicians, and it's an Inside joke between us for years.
Very funny indeed. I think it is kind of sweet, cute, and sexy that you two can joke like that

Old 10-18-2017, 05:38 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
That 99% survival rate Konald claimed is an outright lie.

I have a sister-in-law who's a recent breast cancer survivor. Breast cancer runs in her family, and she has the cancer gene, so she has always been very alert. The only reason she survived was because of blind luck; her cancer was discovered very early, and she had loaded up her insurance to the max years before, just in case, so she could afford the highest level of treatment available.

Her younger sister, who developed cancer just a couple of months before, wasn't so lucky. She died about 15 months ago, following her mother, aunt, and grandmother.

The survival rate for breast cancer is NOT 99% or anything close to it. The survival rate is only that high in stage 1 cancer, hers, and stage 1 can become stage 4 cancer in less than 90 days if a woman carries the cancer gene. The survival rate for stage 4 cancer is 22%.

Breast cancer is not just one cancer. It can be one of several, and a patient can have a couple of different cancers at the same time. Stage 1 is often un-detectable in a common breast self exam, so most often by the time an alert woman thinks she can feel a lump, it may be late Stage 1 or Stage 2 by the time she first sees a doctor.

C'mon, Konald. What's your problem? Did some female pick on your tender feelings or something? I'm the father of a daughter, have a sister, 4 nieces, and an old mother and one old aunt in my family, and I sure don't want any of them dying from a female killer disease.

I want all the young women in my family to be able to defend themselves, and the men have taught their women to shoot in my family. They can all handle a gun as good as any man, but I wouldn't mind if they all took karate too, just in case a gun wasn't available.

And I want every single one of them to go just as far in their careers as any man could ever go. There's nothing at all wrong with allowing a girl some special opportunities to become a mathematician or an engineer- I know girls who are very interested in science, math, and other 'men's occupations', and America needs all the trained minds it can get these days. Gender has nothing to do with ability.

I'm a vet, and I donate to vet's causes, including homelessness. I don't care if a PTSD vet is male or female. Vietnam was my war, so I've seen just how bad it can be for vets for the past 50 years. I'm glad that finally, there is now some treatment available that can pull a few of the guys of my generation off the streets at last.
And I hope my support helps all those vets who followed them. I don't care who gets help- they are all my brothers and sisters in arms, and that's good enough for me.

Do you? Do you actually do anything but whine about them, or do you put your money where your mouth is?

The vets, and men in general, do not want nor need this kind of self-pitying nonsense.

It doesn't help in any way, but it's sure a good excuse to stay on the streets, or unemployed, or a opioid junkie for some men who whine like you did in this post. Those guys don't need your encouragement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies