Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 09:36 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The odd thing about all of this is that Trump was caught in another bald-faced lie!

Trump denies telling widow of fallen soldier, 'He knew what he signed up for' - ABC News

And general John Kelly goes out there and tells the public that is exactly what Trump told the widow!
John Kelly defends Trump's call to Gold Star family - Business Insider

Anyone get the feeling that Trump doesn't care about telling you the truth about anything? Then John Kelly bashes the credibility of the congresswoman to deflect from this obvious lie of the president. That administration is a transparent bunch of fools!

That's not what trump told the wife, that was what kelly was telling trump....whether trump said those words is unknown...

Damn talk about twisting a story....

Old 10-22-2017, 09:39 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

As the parent of a son lost in combat, you'd think he'd have more compassion than to allow this to happen to this grieving family.
dude, stay classy.

I know you liked to make wild untrue accusations, but Kelly did not allow "this" to happen to a grieving family.

Stay classy, man.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:41 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Cowanda Jones-Johnson, Lara Trump, and General Kelly all support Congresswoman Wilson report.

Trump claims he has proof.

Then let's see it.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
dude, stay classy.

I know you liked to make wild untrue accusations, but Kelly did not allow "this" to happen to a grieving family.

Stay classy, man.
He stated he advised Trump not to make the calls. Trump did anyway.

Kelly did not have to get up on that podium and try to explain why Trump might have said what he did.

Kelly did not have to lie about Congresswoman Wilson.

He could have stood up on that podium and said it was not honorable to treat Gold Star families this way and he wouldn't be a part of it.

He did not.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
For those who are just catching up on things.

Oct. 4 - French forces rescue ambushed Green Berets in Niger. Sgt. La David Johnson was left behind. Military tracks his locator beacon until it fades.

Oct. 5 - Trump, who would have been briefed by this time, announces at photo op with military leaders that this is "the calm before the storm."

Oct. 6 - Pentagon reports that Sgt. Johson's body was recovered a mile from the fight.

Trump doesn't tweet or say anything about the ill-fated military operation or the 4 dead Green Berets until:

Oct. 16 - When asked at a press conference about Niger, Trump responds by accusing Obama of not phoning families.

Oct. 17 - Congresswoman Wilson reports that she was in the car when Trump called Sgt. Johnson's widow and made insensitive remarks.

Oct. 18 - Trump calls Wilson a liar. Insists he didn't say what she reported.

Oct. 18 - Cowanda Jones-Johnson, who raised Johnson and also listened to the call, tells CNN that Wilson's account of the call was "very accurate."

Oct. 19 - Kelly takes the WH press podium, supports Wilson's version and tries to explain why Trump might have said what he did. Then he lies in some detail about a speech he witnessed Wilson give. Video of the speech emerges that proves Kelly lied.

Oct. 19 - McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, states it may require a subpoena to obtain information.

Oct. 20 - Lara Trump, on Fox & Friend, stated she has seen the transcript of the call. Her description of what was said is consistent with Wilson’s account.

Oct. 21 - Funeral for Sgt. La David Johnson.
You forgot this,

Pentagon Spokesman on Sgt. Johnson: 'We Don't Leave Anyone Behind'

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-anyone-behind

Old 10-22-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
He stated he advised Trump not to make the calls. Trump did anyway.

Kelly did not have to get up on that podium and try to explain why Trump might have said what he did.

Kelly did not have to lie about Congresswoman Wilson.

He could have stood up on that podium and said it was not honorable to treat Gold Star families this way and he wouldn't be a part of it.

He did not.
I have no words for you.

You need to stay classy and leave Kelly's son and his grief alone.

It is obvious you are very passionate about this topic, I have no ideas why and I don't want to know why.

Have you lost anybody in combat? You need to leave people's grief alone, man, you really do.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I have no words for you.

You need to stay classy and leave Kelly's son and his grief alone.

It is obviously you are very passionate about this topic, have you lost anybody in combat? You need to leave people's grief alone, man, you really do.

Trump drew Kelly into this mess. Not me.

Kelly got up on that podium and lied about Wilson. Not me.

If Kelly wanted to keep his grief private, he should have told Trump to shut up. He did not.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Trump drew Kelly into this mess. Not me.

Kelly got up on that podium and lied about Wilson. Not me.

If Kelly wanted to keep his grief private, he should have told Trump to shut up. He did not.
Each person is responsible of his or her actions. Kelly is not Trump's dad, even a dad cannot control his adult son.

Nothing changed the fact that you posted this

As the parent of a son lost in combat, you'd think he'd have more compassion than to allow this to happen to this grieving family.

dude, you need to stay classy.

i know you hate Trump, and it is okay if you do. But you don' t have to post something so hateful about Gen Kelly. He lost his son and his grief is genuine. He's also a gold star dad in case you forgot.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
You forgot this,

Pentagon Spokesman on Sgt. Johnson: 'We Don't Leave Anyone Behind'

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-anyone-behind

Regardless of what the Pentagon spokesman said, Sgt. Johnson was left behind.

They knew he had been left behind the second they did the head count during the rescue and evacuation.

They were tracking his locator beacon until they lost the signal.

Two days later, they recovered his body.

Sgt. Johnson was left behind when the rest of them took off.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Each person is responsible of his or her actions. Kelly is not Trump's dad, even a dad cannot control his adult son.

Nothing changed the fact that you posted this

dude, you need to stay classy.

i know you hate Trump, and it is okay if you do. But you don' t have to post something so hateful about Gen Kelly. He lost his son and his grief is genuine. He's also a gold star dad in case you forgot.
I don't doubt that his grief is genuine.

What difference does that make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies