Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 05:55 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Didn't we try this once? Seems like it didn't end very well.
More's the pity.

We are still fighting that damn war.

Given how things turned out, sometimes wonder if we wouldn't all have been better off if Lincoln had just let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 06:27 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
If the right wingers left fla I’d be happy

Old 12-08-2017, 07:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Good, we get Texas, North Dakota, and Alaska and can raise your gas prices.
We can buy from plenty of places in the world that will gladly sell it to us cheap or cheaper. In fact, we will be saved from the dirty air blowing this way.......

I'm sure Venezuela wants to move some......We'll all have electric cars by the time this split happens anyway - plenty of renewables around. I just read that Mexico can sell renewable with no subsidy at about 2 cents per KWH.

Oil is just going to be for certain limited uses (mostly war). You guys can all blow yourselves up whilst we go boating and hiking and skiing.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
More's the pity.

Given how things turned out, sometimes wonder if we wouldn't all have been better off if Lincoln had just let it go.
Well, they sorta did. Lincoln was killed by the confeds and then Grant tried to impose the agreed upon terms on the South - and they wouldn't have it. Sorta like Indian Givers.

Sherman said the only way the South could be civilized (not racist in nature) would be to "off" every single confederate. Every one (I assume he meant males). Ethic cleansing. Now - that is certainly nothing I support, but he was right in that the South doesn't seem to be able to be civilized in certain ways...or, at best, it's taking a very long time.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:29 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
More's the pity.

leftists have been trying to keep it going for a while now even though its been over for 150+ years, taking down those confederate statues really helped out your life eh?

Old 12-08-2017, 07:33 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,197 times
Well it seems that the extreme cases on both side of the political spectrum at least have one thing in common. Their anti American stance and hatred for one another. Who would've thought!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Good, we get Texas, North Dakota, and Alaska and can raise your gas prices.
Meh. With the third largest oil reserves in the world, Canada will be happy to sell its crude oil to states that more closely share the same values.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:10 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
I'm so peeved with what the Democrats, Gaystapo/Transtapo, RINOs, Corporate Robber Barons, and Enviro-statists and Baby Killers are doing that I'm thinking it's time to make a second go because my patience is getting pretty thin.

I really wish that our side had our own private militias and protester mobs like the Left did.
Your side align with the Corporate Robber Barons.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:13 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
More's the pity.

Nah. He should have put William Tecumseh Sherman in charge.

2 steps if the South does rise

Old 12-08-2017, 08:17 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
The Left can't stand Trump and conservative. The Right can't stand Hillary and Democrats. We are increasingly refusing to be governed by what we view as the heavy-handed policies of the other side and I can see bloodshed coming in the future (I know the Left already considers it, and, if Obama was just a taste of what we could get if another Dem got in, I could see our side starting the shooting too.). If we cannot seem to agree enough to stay together, perhaps we should split right down the Mississippi or something.

Or perhaps we'll give the Democrats the West and East Coasts and we'll keep the Midwest and the South. You get Hawaii and we keep Alaska. Sound good? We'll even let you add Peurto Rico to the Democrat States of Amerika. (And you can have Chicwalkee, another state formed from the union of Milwaukee and Chicago.)
I'm all for the secession of California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii. All of which have voted with the democrats, pretty much forever. Let them go peacefully and live in their own left coast liberal paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies