Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 10:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Maybe the states Trump won (30) Can be Trumpland?
It all depends on how you look at it, I guess. Yes, most California voters cast their ballots for Clinton. But almost one third voted for Trump. That's a lot of people. There are big areas of purple and even solid red in CA. Way too Trumpish to be considered solidly blue, IMO.

Unfortunately, there's no true sanctuary from Trumpism anywhere in the US. We just have to wait for the tide to turn, and it will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 10:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
It all depends on how you look at it, I guess. Yes, most California voters cast their ballots for Clinton. But almost one third voted for Trump. That's a lot of people. There are big areas of purple and even solid red in CA. Way too Trumpish to be considered solidly blue, IMO.

Unfortunately, there's no true sanctuary from Trumpism anywhere in the US. We just have to wait for the tide to turn, and it will.
Unfortunately I think it's going to take a recession to really shut down Trumpism. I don't think Russia or any of the other allegations against Trump or even his incompetence on the world stage makes a difference to his supporters. Why? Trump is keeping his promises to them, first and foremost implementing the white evangelical theocratic agenda. When we have a recession and we once again see what a disaster the GOP is for the economy in the long term, public opinion will change. I just worry that the next recession is going to make 2008 look like a cakewalk. Today's economy is a lot more 2006 than 1999. It seems good at the surface but it has a rotten foundation. When the recession happens, it will come within the matter of a few months like the last one did in late 2007. Things seemed great and the stock market was hitting record highs and then three months later the Great Recession had begun.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
You're only NOW realizing the Iraq War was entirely manufactured? That the WMD propaganda that convinced Americans to go to war -- a war that killed thousands of Americans and permanently maimed tens of thousands; that killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians; a war that we'll be paying for for decades -- you're just figuring out now that it was totally bogus?

I could have told you this back in 2003. Mind you, if I had, I bet you would have called me a "traitor." Like millions of others, you would have been enraged at the suggestion.

The "libs" aren't so clueless, after all, are they?
Hey, he realized that Bush and Cheney lied, that's progress. A lot of his comrades think we are still looking for the WMD's.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:43 PM

46 posts, read 24,312 times
Thank God Hillary isn't president

Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultureChange80 View Post
Thank God Hillary isn't president
Biden should be

Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 PM

46 posts, read 24,312 times
Thank God Trump will be the younger candidate and can't use age against him If Biden runs.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:09 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Good, maybe the Left can join the Islamic Republic of Canada then and leave us alone.

Speaking as a Canadian are you what represents current American cultural values? if so i think America has lost all aspects of credibility and has basically gone mad.
Rather than trying to change America to your delusional way of thinking why not just find a nice place in the world where you can settle down with people who think like you.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:16 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Speaking as a Canadian are you what represents current American cultural values? if so i think America has lost all aspects of credibility and has basically gone mad.

Rather than trying to change America to your delusional way of thinking why not just find a nice place in the world where you can settle down with people who think like you.
With Trump as president, we have lost all credibility and no longer the leader of this world. God help us all. It's a nightmare.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm not, but considering the image we are projecting to the world it must look like that. I get sick when I see all those hateful Twitter trolls acting like they speak for all of us. I am afraid people from other countries read that garbage and the message boards and wonder, "What kind of cretins live there and behave like this?"

Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:

Yes, very true. Many parts of California are Republican/conservative.

I am hoping the red states will stay red and maybe some of the blue or purple states will come to their senses and become red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies