Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 05:22 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I say, let the South secede. Give all the smart, educated, secular, gay, disabled, artistic, nonwhite, “different” people one year to escape to the North and West. Let the South devolve into a medieval Theocracy. The North and West can finally become a civilized modern society.
South Florida stays. Let North Florida go with the South.

And they MUST take Trump with them! That is non-negotiable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 05:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
split geographically in two....everything west of the Missouri/Kansas line (which would include Texas) go to the fascist liberals....everything east to the conservatives

Old 12-12-2017, 05:28 PM

272 posts, read 134,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
South Florida stays. Let North Florida go with the South.

And they MUST take Trump with them! That is non-negotiable.
Stays with who? the Caribbean or Latin America? Its barely even North America in many parts of south florida now, certainly English isnt the first language around Miami.

You remember when the miami mayor talked about south florida seceding , all the counties just north of them said they would secede from south Florida if that happened . Most people in south florida are not unified by much, even a language in many cases, many people moved north to lauderdale palm beach etc get away from Miami

Old 12-12-2017, 05:32 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,825,744 times
because it worked so well the first time

Old 12-12-2017, 05:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
It's weird because we really aren't THAT far apart politically speaking. There are a couple of big issues that just keep getting replayed, plus the whole idea now of Globalization/Open Borders/WeAreTheWorld kind of thing. I happen to think that's a bunch of bunk so clearly I'm to the right of center but there are individual issues that I'm more left of center on. The real problem is when one "side" is in power they push as fast and far as they can in their preferred direction which doesn't do anyone any good.

We are Americans, and mostly we all want the same things but politics and media use us to play their power games. If everyone realized that and could resist it there wouldn't be much left to fight about.

Splitting in two does nothing.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:37 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
If we split the country in 2....the red portion will crumble with the quickness.
you mean these red portions? That's why you couldn't split it in two. We uns got ya'll surrounded

http://i0.wp.com/metrocosm.com/wp-co...county-map.png

Old 12-12-2017, 05:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I say, let the South secede. Give all the smart, educated, secular, gay, disabled, artistic, nonwhite, “different” people one year to escape to the North and West. Let the South devolve into a medieval Theocracy. The North and West can finally become a civilized modern society.
Hmm. Depending on where you now live, perhaps you haven't noticed that the Roman Catholic church has a very strong cultural presence in many parts of the north, just as Evangelical Protestantism does in the South. And, IMO, there isn't that big of a difference between the two.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Hmm. Depending on where you now live, perhaps you haven't noticed that the Roman Catholic church has a very strong cultural presence in many parts of the north, as just as Evangelical Protestantism does in the South. And, IMO, there isn't that big of a difference between the two.
really you think there isn't much difference

I don't see the RC, coming up to someone and saying "are you saved"

what I do see it the Baptists, and the bornagains (Baptists on steroids) demonizing Catholics, saying "oh your catholic, sorry you are going to hell because your an idol worshiper"

there are major differences

Catholics don't fall for the snake oil, of being "slain in the spirit", and speaking in tongues

Old 12-12-2017, 05:59 PM

272 posts, read 134,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
you mean these red portions? That's why you couldn't split it in two. We uns got ya'll surrounded

http://i0.wp.com/metrocosm.com/wp-co...county-map.png
Lol. Not to mention miltary/law enforcement etc divide, The military went for trump like 2 or 3-1 and its mostly guys from red counties serving. I dont think it would be much of a war

Old 12-12-2017, 06:07 PM

1,022 posts, read 740,747 times
Why only split it in two ? After the reds and blues are separate, won't there be a need to separate the blacks and whites, loud people from quiet ones, Christians and atheists ect. Why not 4 or 10 or say 50 separate ?

No need to fix the result.

I've read a few posts stating 'where the best way to conquer is to 1st divide its people'.

The division started way before Trump. First, people need to agree on this or just go have a good time 'till the s_ _ _ hit's the fan.

I think we should be heavily focused on how to unite against an unknown threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies