Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 07:52 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
They have plantain chips. The regular grocery stores around here don't carry them.

I guess it's technically not a "potato" chip.

Chip is allowed to self identify as a potato if he wants too.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:24 PM

957 posts, read 758,659 times
Quote:
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
So, have you shared this with Hannity? I'm sure his audience is gullible enough to buy it.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:31 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, I call BS. Whole Foods owned by Amazon who's owner is a major republican Billionaire. No.

Jeff Bezos
Anyone who wants to learn more about Jeff Bezos and his background ought to check out the book The Everything Store, by Brad Stone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bezos

I myself worked for nearly three years for Amazon, in a fast-paced environment, and while in my early sixties; I was let go, and for performance / productivity standards, after careful "documentation" and just a few days before I would have received my first stock incentive (the value of which I was well aware).

Jeff Bezos was born Jeff Jorgensen, in New Mexico in January of 1964. to working-class parents of Scotch/Irish and Scandinavian extraction. His mother, still in her teens at the time of his birth, divorced and re-married into a family of Spanish and Cuban extraction with strong individualist/capitalist values, and the young Mr. Jorgensen assumed his new surname.

Mr. Bezos attended Princeton, graduated Phi Beta Kappa, and spent the next ten years in the high-pressure, conformist world of Wall Street, with a heavy emphasis on IT; an interest in E-commerce led to entrepreneurial ventures, first in books, and expanding from there.

A reading of the narratives of the early days at Amazon shows any number of stories of young men and women who came on board, made excellent money for a relatively-short time, then "burned out' because of the intense pressure; Mr. Bezos is reported to know quite well how to party, but next Monday morning, it's back to the daily grind.

Bezos reportedly draws a modest salary that has fluctuated between $50-$200,000, but meets personal expenses via sale of his own stockholdings -- the proceeds of which are taxed at the lower capital-gains rate. He also pays Federal taxes at the full, or marginal rate, on income deemed to be used for personal living expenses, (much of it security-related) via an agreement negotiated with the IRS, and listed at several million in the mandatory Forms 10-K filed by Amazon. Day-to-day operations are mostly left to four senior Vice-Presidents, with $200,000 salaries (in 2014, probably raised since, but not that much) and potentially highly-lucrative stock options.

A tough league, no doubt, but high pressure sometimes leads to strong bonds, and it beats the alternatives; and his recent ventures into cultures with a philosophy much different from his upbringing suggests that both he and his new subordinates have a lot to learn from each other.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-09-2017 at 09:55 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 08:33 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,749,864 times
Quote:
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
This is satire right please tell me this didn't actually happen to you if it did un f****** believable

Old 12-09-2017, 08:42 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,455 times
I'll take things that never happened for $1000, Alex

Old 12-09-2017, 10:14 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,872 times
I like the cheese selection in whole foods and the olive bar, have the fact I can't find midnight goat cheese or scorpion cheddar anywhere else

Old 12-09-2017, 10:24 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:

So this one experience of someone wearing an Obama sticker lead you to believe that this is what the left is about. What I would suggest to you is to educate yourself about people and politics. Some are crazies, most are not. You can't judge a whole party by one individual. Why would you do that.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:36 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I was in Whole Foods last night wearing my MAGA hat and some poor old lady told me to get in the other line since I was a deplorable. Probably the same lady who was so rude to you.

Us conservatives just don't get any respect.

Maybe they should re-name this, as the Storytellers' Forum? No one in their right mind would wear a MAGA hat at any place other than a Trump rally.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:44 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I thought this honestly happened until the last paragraph.

Given the caliber of posters here, I think most people will think this is completely true.
Sounds like complete bull **** to me as well.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:37 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Moral of the story: Conservatives produce, and consume, only fake news. Whether it is Fox, Breitbart, the dude who secretly tapes, and then selectively edits.
A self inflated bubble of fake news.
Thats hilarious considering CNN is the biggest pusher of fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies