Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 03:35 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Do you live anywhere near where Latinos are?

Their stores carry plantain chips too for about $2 bucks ! At least if they yell at you it will probably be in Spanish and you won't understand!

A lot less stressful than having to endure a "Librul" huh?

This sounds like a much better solution then going back to Whole Foods it and possibly encountering a person from the past.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:02 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Modern conservatives are a paranoid bunch aren't they?
They live in constant fear !
They took God out of schools & the Gays can now marry but at least they still have their Guns !

They say to themselves electing Roy Moore will fix all of that.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:29 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,626,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This is laughable. Someone impatient driver yells at your mom and ipso facto Whole Foods Liberals are crazy hypocrites.

Some of you (if you truly believe that everything unpleasant in life is somehow a liberal conspiracy) need to go live in a real authoritarian country (try Russia) and see how much joy it brings to your life. We have it great here and our "diversity" of opinion along with our 1st Amendment ability to express it is what makes this a balanced place to live.
It's human nature. If it were someone being shouted at in a Wal-Mart parking lot from a pickup truck with a shotgun rack, ipso facto all rednecks are (fill in the stereotype).

Truth be told, we will only continue to have it great here if people of both sides not only embrace diversity of opinions but also preserve the ability of all to do so. I'm thinking that both sides could employ a bit less 'shouting down' and a little more honest compromise and intelligent discourse. One can dream anyway...

Old 12-11-2017, 07:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $100, Alex.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:43 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
LOL Im rude enough to ask the cashier if shes a dude. Should she indicate that she is indeed a she, I would ask the whiner about idiot privilege. Some days Im really on it and can come up with a better zinger. Im nice til ya poke the bear.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:45 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
They live in constant fear !
They took God out of schools & the Gays can now marry but at least they still have their Guns !

They say to themselves electing Roy Moore will fix all of that.

A television interview I saw with Rudy Giuliani captured this completely, it was during the campaign in 2016.

He was asked about the rhetoric of fear when crime was down and people were the safest nationwide in decades.

Giuliani said "what matters is that people feel less safe".

That is the goal of the propaganda. Scare the people into a paranoid frenzy and they will give you what you want them to give you.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
A television interview I saw with Rudy Giuliani captured this completely, it was during the campaign in 2016.

He was asked about the rhetoric of fear when crime was down and people were the safest nationwide in decades.

Giuliani said "what matters is that people feel less safe".

That is the goal of the propaganda. Scare the people into a paranoid frenzy and they will give you what you want them to give you.
They`ll buy more guns too. The gun/criminal lobby has been playing that game successfully for several decades.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:00 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This whole story smells fishy.
Organically fishy.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:02 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You forgot something:

* ...and then everyone started clapping.
Revision:

and then everyone started slow clapping.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Whole Foods?

Meh.

Overpriced mediocre food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies