Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:51 AM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't care how you dress.

I don't care what your name is.

I don't care what your hobbies are (as long as you aren't hurting anyone else).

I don't care who you date.

I don't care what you do with your hair.

But do NOT expect me to call you woman if you are a man or vice versa.

Because that effects me directly. You are changing the nature of biology. You are redefining biology on YOUR term and expecting me to comply to a falsehood.

I don't demand that you agree with lies I tell, don't expect me to agree to lies YOU tell.

Biology is a fact, don't change facts, and we will get along just fine.
Exactly how I feel. I just don't care, until you force me to be a part of your little charade.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:55 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Ideally, it shouldn't matter. The problem is that many of these people want to treat it as a crime if you don't call them the pronoun they prefer. They actually call it an act of violence if you don't refer to them as whatever they feel like being called...which, surprise, can change on a whim based on how they feel.

They can believe they're Donald Trump for all I care, but it becomes a problem when others are forced to accept it, and are at risk of punishment for refusing to.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:56 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
I would say that most cases of gender fluidity, are really a kind of "gender identity disorder". Which would be classed as a "mental illness". Though not all. Some are the result of issues related to hormones/androgens.

As a personal story. I was raised by my mother, with four sisters. And I rarely had a male role-model in my life until I was an adult. Being raised around a lot of women, you get to hear them complaining constantly about men(that is what women love to do most, rofl).

If you're a boy, and all you hear is that boys/men are terrible, why would you want to be one?

I think a lot of gender fluidity is basically the result of unhappy people who don't like what they are, and who imagine if they were something else, they would be happier. They then attach themselves to that identity.

Basically, when I was younger, I really wanted to be a girl, because I had been raised around girls, and didn't really want to be a man, because I had heard so many bad things, and I thought life as a girl would be better.

I had a mental illness. And it wasn't until I got older, and as my environment changed, that I began to know who I really was.

PS: Wanting to be a girl is not the same as being gay. Sexual attraction and gender-identity are two totally different things. Boys really really really need a good male role-model, who spends a lot of time with them. The more the better.

No father in a house, or a distant/weak father, you've just damaged your son for life.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:59 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
It affects us because schools (public, and private), government institutions, corporations etc feel the need to address this stuff to be seen as PC, and not offend anyone, even if the population of the gender challenged is infinitesimally small. Then it affects, and confuses children who should not even have to address sexuality, and gender questions at such a young, formative age.

The Left WANTS gender confusion, and dysfunctional people. They want feminized MEN.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Ideally, it shouldn't matter. The problem is that many of these people want to treat it as a crime if you don't call them the pronoun they prefer. They actually call it an act of violence if you don't refer to them as whatever they feel like being called...which, surprise, can change on a whim based on how they feel.

They can believe they're Donald Trump for all I care, but it becomes a problem when others are forced to accept it, and are at risk of punishment for refusing to.
Exactly.

And if you want to be called "him" today, and tomorrow I call you "him" because when last we spoke you wanted to be called "him", but today you feel like "her" so you have a mental breakdown because I said "him" because I didn't know, and you report me because I called you "him" when you were clearly "her", I get arrested and charged with a crime.

Do you need to update everyone on a minute by minute basis so we can keep up with YOUR NEEDS? What are you, a baby that needs 24/7 care?

It's absurd, completely absurd. And it is NOT a hate crime. I don't hate you. Just stop being ridiculous with your demands. I don't expect you to keep tabs on me 24/7, don't expect me to keep tabs on you.

Wait: I have a demand that you call me Queenie and hand me a $50 bill every time you speak to me. My mental health depends on it. hehe.

If your mental health depends on someone calling you him or her, you are NOT mentally healthy. You have serious problems.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
I also find it ridiculous that religion always gets dragged into this. As if what ... it proves what exactly?

I'm not religious. Religion has nothing to do with this. It's flat out biology. If other people want to use whatever pronoun, go ahead.

But you cannot force the entire public to engage in biological dishonesty. Canada's law is WRONG.
Exactly !!!

Take a topic. Which is a distraction issue.

Add to it another continuous distraction and its helpful to create the chaos desired.

The smoke and mirrors of liberal MO.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It affects us because schools (public, and private), government institutions, corporations etc feel the need to address this stuff to be seen as PC, and not offend anyone, even if the population of the gender challenged is infinitesimally small. Then it affects, and confuses children who should not even have to address sexuality, and gender questions at such a young, formative age.

The Left WANTS gender confusion, and dysfunctional people. They want feminized MEN.
Feminized men (whatever the hell that means): How is that a problem?

Sex and gender identity being different: How is that a problem?

Seeing people as individuals and not as a gender member and all it entails: How's that a problem?

"The Left" actually wants freedom to be your real self without either government restrictions on your rights OR societal prejudice against you simply for being "different". If any totalitarianism is going on here, it's from the right - namely insisting that if someone's personality goes against their visible sex, then they deserve whatever disrespect and castigation that comes their way. For all the right's ballyhooing of "freedom", I have never seen any group more devoted to castigating people who are different than conservatives.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:15 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
I also find it ridiculous that religion always gets dragged into this. As if what ... it proves what exactly?

I'm not religious. Religion has nothing to do with this. It's flat out biology. If other people want to use whatever pronoun, go ahead.

But you cannot force the entire public to engage in biological dishonesty. Canada's law is WRONG.
If you want to see where the Democrats want to take us, just look at Canada, and the UK. It is OPPRESSION, pure, and simple. Loretta Lynch (Obama AG) wanted to prosecute people for saying negative things about Muslims in the name of "hate speech". So anything the Left doesn't like nor agree with they can ban, and make illegal because it is defined as hate speech. It is political oppression to be jailed for speaking your mind.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:21 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Exactly.

And if you want to be called "him" today, and tomorrow I call you "him" because when last we spoke you wanted to be called "him", but today you feel like "her" so you have a mental breakdown because I said "him" because I didn't know, and you report me because I called you "him" when you were clearly "her", I get arrested and charged with a crime.

Do you need to update everyone on a minute by minute basis so we can keep up with YOUR NEEDS? What are you, a baby that needs 24/7 care?

It's absurd, completely absurd. And it is NOT a hate crime. I don't hate you. Just stop being ridiculous with your demands. I don't expect you to keep tabs on me 24/7, don't expect me to keep tabs on you.

Wait: I have a demand that you call me Queenie and hand me a $50 bill every time you speak to me. My mental health depends on it. hehe.

If your mental health depends on someone calling you him or her, you are NOT mentally healthy. You have serious problems.
I like that idea. I'll identify as having enough money for a yacht, and people have to sell me one or it's a hate crime.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:22 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and the biological scientific evidence supporting this is where???
There is no biology involved here; it's a mental state of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies