Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
IMO, people like Trump, Hillary etc, have never had to struggle for anything or do any sort of work that made them break a sweat. And they will never know so they all assume that people who are fleeing these countries are the worst of the worst that's NOT they want a better life for themselves. And who wouldn't?
Can tell me that you would try to move some place better if you came from one of these place.
And what Trump said was this " He said I ASSUME some are good people." This nation was built BY those who came from other countries.
Yea, the Nation was built by those that came from other Countries 200-years ago.

The people that survived the journey weren't looking for welfare benefits when they landed on out shores.

They would have starved to death. Or been killed for stealing other people's provisions.

Wanting a better life starts at home where these "takers" originate. Let them fix their own Country and quit taking the easy path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 07:15 AM

5 posts, read 3,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, what else are we to do. I think it's a given that people who are opposed to Trump, at their core, already know he's unfit for the job. It's been said time and again. Nothing happens. I think those who did not vote for Trump felt that way from the start but hoped it was all rhetoric and campaign BS. Hoped that his public "message" and decorum as President would turn on and we'd get behind it. That hasn't happened.

So, all anyone has is to be outrage over his continuous examples of and proof of what we've know deep down inside.

As to his fitness as president and putting his daily foot-in-mouth remarks/tweets aside, what would you suggest be done about it?
For me personally, it is far more alarming to have someone in such an important position be unfit and unknowledgeable as well as uninterested in improving or even acknowledging that. I believe this is all a giant exercise in ego fulfillment for him and the rest of us are gambling on the adequacy of our system of checks and balances being enough to prevent him from doing any real damage. I'm far more outraged by that and by the republicans who cynically allowed it to happen than I am with anything he said that might be off color or politically incorrect.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:17 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muroa345 View Post
For me personally, it is far more alarming to have someone in such an important position be unfit and unknowledgeable as well as uninterested in improving or even acknowledging that. I believe this is all a giant exercise in ego fulfillment for him and the rest of us are gambling on the adequacy of our system of checks and balances being enough to prevent him from doing any real damage. I'm far more outraged by that and by the republicans who cynically allowed it to happen than I am with anything he said that might be off color or politically incorrect.
I don't think you would find one person who didn't vote for Trump who disagrees with you.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:23 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Yea, the Nation was built by those that came from other Countries 200-years ago.

The people that survived the journey weren't looking for welfare benefits when they landed on out shores.

They would have starved to death. Or been killed for stealing other people's provisions.

Wanting a better life starts at home where these "takers" originate. Let them fix their own Country and quit taking the easy path.

Part of the problem is that their government comes down hard on those looking to take back their country. How is one supposed to fight back when your too cold to sleep because you might die?
Or not having food enough to stand up? Blame OUR government for giving handouts tell them you want to put a stop to it. The fact that our government doesn't listen to us is part of the problem.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:27 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
As with the POTUS, a lack of knowledge about immigrants and immigration. Leaving ones home is hard and the last attempt to survive.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:34 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post

Colonization attempts began here in 1526 when de Ayllon tried to establish a settlement called San Miguel de Guadalupe near present-day Charleston, South Carolina. After three months 450 of the 600 who came were dead.

They would surely have starved to death had the Native Americans living here at the time not given them food and showed them how to plant crops here. This has been extensively documented.

If Europeans had stayed where they belonged and tried to better themselves and fix their own countries, America would be a far better place today. The white man's arrival brought nothing but disease (smallpox and syphillis), crime (murder and rape of the Native Americans. and eventually piracy), and deforestation and slaughter of the wildlife (for the profit of a few). The native tribes were repaid for their kindness by being decimated and forced off of their land, and some species such as the passenger pigeon were hunted to extinction.

You're right - maybe they should stay home. We don't need any more immigrants like the last bunch.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:41 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Trump said what most people including liberals think. My problem with it is he has a job to do and this harms him and his agenda. If he continues down this path of saying outrageous things and keeping the circus in town constantly I'll be ready for Mike Pence.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:44 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muroa345 View Post
I agree with that. However, the point of my post was that more people seem offended by Trump's off color remarks than by his basic fitness for the job.
He tweets policy decisions after watching Fox news.
He is in control of the nuclear codes yet didn't even know what the nuclear triad was during the debates and gets into childish pissing contests with North Korea over who has a bigger button.
Many of his close friends have suggested that he never expected or wanted to even win and he looked shocked when he did.
Many fellow Republicans openly question his fitness for office.

It says something about our priorities as a society when outrage over saying things that are not politically correct registers so much higher than outrage over his being clearly unqualified for the job on nearly every level and that this is likely just a big exercise in narcissism fulfillment for him.
You seem to be new here-so i wont bother to look for all those posts you would have made over Obummers "fitness for office" or his "qualifications", or his petty racism, and childish antics on the world stage..

Old 01-13-2018, 07:48 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
its really nice to have someone that not political correct, but i guess people are use to politician saying they sorry and begging people for votes, they cant handle the truth.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Part of the problem is that their government comes down hard on those looking to take back their country. How is one supposed to fight back when your too cold to sleep because you might die?
Or not having food enough to stand up? Blame OUR government for giving handouts tell them you want to put a stop to it. The fact that our government doesn't listen to us is part of the problem.
You make an excellent case for our Second Amendment. There's a reason these third-world s#it-holes disarm their subjects.
Unfortunately the inhabitants of these places don't seem to have any inclination to take control of their crappy lives.
Same Ole same ole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies