Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 03:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!
Do you suck at your job?

Old 02-02-2018, 05:47 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
@ 500 bucks a month....right into my 457b....Thank you MR. PRESIDENT!!!

Old 02-02-2018, 05:56 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Dream on there folks. I got my Pension in the bank yesterday, no change yet. As with everything POTUS says I am still waiting.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:31 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!
It's not a raise. It is a reduction in federal income tax burden.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:32 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,132 times
Quote:

What up?

Thanks Trump!

Your crumbs are on the way according to Nancy Pelosi.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:44 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,978 times
One of the reasons you may not see much of an increase is the $300 per person family tax credit for those that don't qualify for the child tax credit was removed when the House & Senate negotiated the final bill. It was in the House plan along with a $1,600 child tax credit. The Senate plan did not have the family tax credit, yet increased the child tax credit to $2,000. Those without children get hosed again.

https://taxfoundation.org/important-...ng-conference/

Enjoy your measly few dollars, unless you're a wealthy person, or have children.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:45 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
It's not a raise. It is a reduction in federal income tax burden.
Thank you.

Not sure why people cannot understand this simple point. A reduction in the individual and corporate tax rates means the people/entities EARNING THEIR MONEY are keeping more of what THEY EARN, and the government is stealing less.

How that works out for every individual citizen will indeed be a mixed bag, given the S-corp payroll hit, the SALT cap, etc, but in general, overall, the rates are such that less of every dollar earned by the citizen goes to government. Just on the face of it, that is a good thing. Hell, if they had left the individual tax rates the same and just done the same reduction to the corporate tax, I'd have been happy as a lark. If they had reduced the tax rates for everyone except me, and actually named me as the only person whose rates would be the same, I'd still be happy because on net, the government is taking less of what we all earn that they do not.

It isn't their money. It does not belong to the collective. Taxes are theft made "legal" only by virtue of the government's monopoly on force, violence and coercion. A reduction in what the thief takes is a good thing.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:48 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Thank you.

Not sure why people cannot understand this simple point. A reduction in the individual and corporate tax rates means the people/entities EARNING THEIR MONEY are keeping more of what THEY EARN, and the government is stealing less.

How that works out for every individual citizen will indeed be a mixed bag, given the S-corp payroll hit, the SALT cap, etc, but in general, overall, the rates are such that less of every dollar earned by the citizen goes to government. Just on the face of it, that is a good thing. Hell, if they had left the individual tax rates the same and just done the same reduction to the corporate tax, I'd have been happy as a lark. If they had reduced the tax rates for everyone except me, and actually named me as the only person whose rates would be the same, I'd still be happy because on net, the government is taking less of what we all earn that they do not.

It isn't their money. It does not belong to the collective. Taxes are theft made "legal" only by virtue of the government's monopoly on force, violence and coercion. A reduction in what the thief takes is a good thing.
I will look forward to next January to see how it all works out.

Having gone through the same stuff in NC, I expect to pay more in taxes.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:54 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

As a Dem Liberal, you should be proud to pay higher taxes.

Good job.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:57 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Sure. I am already adjusting my W-4 and my wife's, just because I don't want t get caught up in "yay, free candy" mode and then be sucking on a lemon come next April. My personal caution aside, the basic idea of lower tax rates is still a good thing, especially the corporate tax, which is simply a pass through individual tax anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies