Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 06:58 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,801,446 times

Advertisements

Dh's wages only went up $15 but anything is welcome to help offset the $60 insurance increase we received last June thanks to the ACA.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Dh's wages only went up $15 but anything is welcome to help offset the $60 insurance increase we received last June thanks to the ACA.
I don't know about all of you folks but our health insurance premiums have risen every year since 1997 and we get less each year. Our increases were not necessarily ACA fueled.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:03 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Do you suck at your job?
She's not able to calculate her before and after taxes from the tax calculators available....what does that tell you? Hopefully no math or logic involved in that job.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!
Obviously you enrolled in your employer's 2018 healthcare insurance plan, last year. At the time, the cost of your Payroll Deduction for your share of the premium was disclosed.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:18 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!

Health care was going up regardless. My wife and I made the phone call to our insurer (we self insure) back in November or December. We were told then, that after the first of the year our rate would be going up. We made changes which brought it down, now only $670 a month. So I'm not sure how Trumps plan had anything to do with it.
As far as paychecks. My wife's paycheck last week was $60 more. So that is $240 a month, I'm pretty happy with that. I was hoping to see something in my check today, and was disappointed not to. So , maybe it has something to do with the payroll cycles, I'm not sure.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:24 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's on your HR dept. if they can't find you a good plan for less $$$. My part of my insurance premium at my job only went up 61 cents/week (they pay 75%, I pay 25%) starting on March 1. Same exact coverage as we have now.

And the lack of the fabulous plan Trump told us time after time would replace the ACA immediately after he took office is on empty promising Trump, no one else.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
Why not, the wealthy were just handed a nice raise and they did nothing to earn it...

Funny you say that. My wife does the books at her company. The owner makes roughly $3-4 million a year, and I can assure you percentage wise he is paying much more in taxes then you or I do, both before and after this new tax plan. I consider his pay in the wealthy scale. If you are referring to the 500 or so billionaires we have in this getting a break, I can't speak to that and don't really care if they do.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You got it, it paid for the wars that Bush started and didn't put on the books, and with lower taxes. Additionally you saw it in the country pulling out of the recession.

How do people not comprehend simple stuff like this?

Notice how the deficit kept going down under Obama, and now is racing up?

BTW tell me EXACTLY what Obama did that you think added to the debt?

How can the debt be racing up ? He supposedly stopped the 221,000,000 payment to Palestine. He is also planning on stopping foreign aid to others as well. Alarm as Trump pledges to slash foreign aid - CNNPolitics

He is also planning on defunding many agencies. So there are plans in place to actually try and maintain a budget. If they are held up, well we will have to look at whom is responsible then.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't know about all of you folks but our health insurance premiums have risen every year since 1997 and we get less each year. Our increases were not necessarily ACA fueled.
I began full time employment in the late 70's. My share of the premium for my employer's sponsored health insurance benefit increased annually.

Employer's costs increased annually beyond the cost of living. Employee premium costs for the same plan depended on employee status, non exempt vs exempt vs officer. Non- exempt, hourly employees paid a substantially smaller share of the premium than higher income earners.

My former employer also changed carriers every single year which required me to switch providers to remain in network.

I worked for the same employer in three different states. Carriers, plans, benefits and premiums differed state to state as each state determined what had to be covered, which remains true today.

I left this employer in 2003, long before the ACA.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How can the debt be racing up ? He supposedly stopped the 221,000,000 payment to Palestine. He is also planning on stopping foreign aid to others as well. Alarm as Trump pledges to slash foreign aid - CNNPolitics

He is also planning on defunding many agencies. So there are plans in place to actually try and maintain a budget. If they are held up, well we will have to look at whom is responsible then.
Trump doesn't control the purse strings. Congress does.

And Trump's budget raises the debt, while the tax cuts reduce the government's income. That's how the debt can be racing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies