Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 02:26 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!
Mine also decreased. $60 a pay period. No change in healthcare. Guess Trump doesn't love me.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:

He promised the middle class a raise. I hear it every day on a commercial no doubt paid for by the Koch Bros about how the 'middle class tax cut' is benefitting everyday families!
You contradicted yourself.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!
What does a pay raise have to do with health coverage? The only thing that has changed is the mandate, so your HC was going to go up anyway.

Thanks Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There's no such thing as a contradiction to a progressive. These people honestly do not realize how they appear to anyone using common sense. Sadly, SNAFU and FUBAR have become the norm for the extreme.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Lots of sour grapes with the Democrats these days.
Lots of people who understand that getting crumbs while putting our country deeper into debt is a bad thing. Thats facts, and reality. Not "sour grapes"

Old 02-01-2018, 02:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:

Sure I did. Ad hominem fallacy. This speaks for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
What does a pay raise have to do with health coverage? The only thing that has changed is the mandate, so your HC was going to go up anyway.

Thanks Obama!

There's no such thing as a contradiction to a progressive.
Because insurance rates never went up until Obama was president? Is this your argument?

Old 02-01-2018, 02:33 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'd take it, too. Just bear in mind, that's not happening for many of your fellow Americans.
My fellow Americans aren't my problem, and I am not theirs. Many of them probably didn't get as big a raise and bonus as I did last year either. Too bad for them, but yay for me.

Not only do I get to keep more of my money, I don't get continually scolded for being successful like I did from Jan 2009 to Jan 2017. The current President is OK with me making more money. He doesn't seem to vilify me for doing well, very unlike his predecessor.

#feelsgood

Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you live in a blue state, complain to your state reps and tell them to cut their budgets or learn to live within them instead of raising taxes for pork projects and their cronies. Tell them to boot out illegals.

Not every company is generous. There are bad bosses.
it's not just blue states. I live in a red state. My taxes are going up slightly according to the tax calculator that has been posted frequently on this site because of loss of deductions I used to take and taking away exemptions. I did get a bump in my check based on new withholding rates, but I am going to have to make withholding adjustments to give it all back and some more. The new withholding rates, like the old ones, do not take into account, personal circumstances like multiple jobs, additional income etc and people should not assume they are going to get to keep that money come next April.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Welfare checks don't get tax cuts.
i was thinking she got hit with the hidden moonbat tax.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
My fellow Americans aren't my problem, and I am not theirs. Many of them probably didn't get as big a raise and bonus as I did last year either. Too bad for them, but yay for me.

Not only do I get to keep more of my money, I don't get continually scolded for being successful like I did from Jan 2009 to Jan 2017. The current President is OK with me making more money. He doesn't seem to vilify me for doing well, very unlike his predecessor.

#feelsgood
Obama never vilified Americans for doing well or for getting raises. No one scolded you for being successful. But if you are defending President Trump's remarks that all Americans were going to get to keep a lot more of their money because of the tax cut, then when that doesn't happen it is your problem. If you say that President Trump was mistaken, or misspoke, or that he lied, then your "fellow Americans aren't" your problem. But if you are taking a position on Trump's promises, then the experiences of other Americans that contradict that position are a problem for your position.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

There's no such thing as a contradiction to a progressive. These people honestly do not realize how they appear to anyone using common sense. Sadly, SNAFU and FUBAR have become the norm for the extreme.
Progressive = "I'm supposed to get a raise".

Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies