Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 04:11 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times

Advertisements

Some got the mine, some got the shaft... you can't please all the people all the time.
Life's a b**** and then you die.

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Yes,health insurance has been going up but in moderation not these double and triple digit increase we've seen since O-care took effect. Trust me I've been paying my own for 33 years and in 2016 here in AZ we had a 110% increase! Prior to O-care I saw slight increase (3-6%) and some years nothing.
Despite your own personal situation, it is simply not true. Health Insurance premiums increased more under Bush than Obama. It is mostly GOP propaganda that promoted that misinformation.

Republicans say the average family health insurance premium has increased by $4,154 under President Obama. That’s right — and it’s a much slower rate of growth than under President George W. Bush. In fact, employer-sponsored premiums have been growing at moderate rates for the past few years.

That’s relatively slow growth for premiums. The RNC may cast it as bad news, but it’s an improvement compared with the growth in premiums before Obama took office.

Under Bush, the average family premiums (including both what employers and employees pay) went up $4,677 in his last six years in office, from 2002 to 2008, an increase of 58 percent. That $4,154 growth under Obama is a 33 percent increase. If we look at Bush’s first six years, the discrepancy gets even bigger: From 2000, the year before Bush was first inaugurated, to 2006, the average family premium went up $5,042, or an increase of 78 percent. (See Exhibit 1.11 on page 31 of the KFF report for these numbers.)

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/sl...h-under-obama/

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
As usual you just claim nonsense, and totally fail to back it up..
WaldoKitty, why do you make such false claims over and over and never back it up?

It's you complaining about Trumpcare. Except for course it doesn't exist. Obamacare is still the law of the land.

Attacking me doesn't change this.

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sucks to be you OP

This tax season doesn't count. Let's get back after next year.
What does this even mean? Others are seeing increases, why did the OP not see one? It's a legit question.

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!
So, how do you like your OBAMAcare now? Think Trump is right and it might be time to repeal and replace?

BTW, withholding should be adjusted based on the GOP tax cuts that not one Dem voted for NEXT month. So enjoy your lingering remnants of the Obama era for another couple weeks. The Trump tax cut might make it easier to pay for.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:14 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So I've been reading on CD everyone crowing about how much bigger their paychecks are and I can tell you my paycheck just went DOWN.

What up?

I didn't really have a chance to review it with a magnifying glass or anything ~ but it appears my health coverage went UP.

Thanks Trump!
Probably merit based.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
It will rise then also but it will be hidden in taxes.
Yes, that is probably true, because health care, itself, keeps getting more expensive. But eliminating the middle man would surely cut costs. I know of physicians who charge a lot less when you pay cash for services, simply because of the amount of time they spend on dealing with insurance companies. One physician in practice for herself told me she spends half of her time dealing with insurance companies.

I think when you do the math of what other countries' citizens pay in taxes for health care and compare it to what Americans pay for actual health care, you will find that it is equal to or less than the percentage of Americans' incomes that is spent on health care (and that is only if you don't get sick). The universal health care countries citizens know what they will be paying in taxes. Americans can end up going broke. There is really no way to budget in the US to accommodate an expensive illness.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, how do you like your OBAMAcare now? Think Trump is right and it might be time to repeal and replace?

BTW, withholding should be adjusted based on the GOP tax cuts that not one Dem voted for NEXT month. So enjoy your lingering remnants of the Obama era for another couple weeks. The Trump tax cut might make it easier to pay for.

So . . I don't or have I ever had Obamacare.

Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Probably merit based.
Merit based increased are in the spring. Try again.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:23 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
https://www.atr.org/list

At least 300 companies have announced tax reform bonuses, pay raises, or 401(k) hikes, according to a running list compiled by Americans for Tax Reform. the list for those companies is provided in the link.

of course, this list above doesn't include the millions of workers keeping more of their own paycheck due to individual tax rate reductions.

i'm happy for them all.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
What does this even mean? Others are seeing increases, why did the OP not see one? It's a legit question.
Of course it starts now--that's the way they wrote the law.

First--I'm skeptical of anyone (especially a Trump cheerleader) claiming their paycheck went up by hundreds of dollars a month.

Second--we don't know people's personal tax and family situations. Their salary matters--are these people making lower salaries that got big raises? How many dependents and exemptions are listed on their W-4s?

I think most people making decent money either had no change or received maybe twenty dollars more a week. And until those claiming massive raises are willing to post their pay stubs (redacted for personal info), I still don't believe them. The CD is amazingly full of anonymous millionaires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies