Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 01:17 PM

1,078 posts, read 937,794 times

Advertisements

That’s animal abuse, pure and simple. The animal could have traveled as live cargo if she’d gotten the appropriate documents and carrier for it - I have flown with rodents before and it’s not more difficult than a dog or cat in the pressurized cargo hold area. Instead she was a selfish moron who killed her pet because of her poor planning and lack of empathy.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmooky View Post
That’s animal abuse, pure and simple. The animal could have traveled as live cargo if she’d gotten the appropriate documents and carrier for it - I have flown with rodents before and it’s not more difficult than a dog or cat in the pressurized cargo hold area. Instead she was a selfish moron who killed her pet because of her poor planning and lack of empathy.
Agree.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:41 PM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times
PETA is running with it https://www.peta.org/blog/heartbreak...denied-flight/

Old 02-09-2018, 01:47 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Is it wrong that every time I see the words "emotional support hamster" I first chuckle and then wonder what the hell has happened in our world to make this even a thing?

Old 02-09-2018, 01:59 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmooky View Post
Read my post. Animals can be put under the seats if they can fit there in a carrier. A cat is certainly a lot bigger than a hamster.

My daughter is medically diagnosed BiPolar and goes into Panic Attacks being alone in contained spaces like on planes, and cars on long trips. There was no way she was going to put her "baby" in the baggage compartment. Both she and her cat were medicated for that flight. It would have been even worse for her knowing that her cat was in with the baggage. Enough for Emotional Support Pet?

It CAN be accommodated with advance notice and that is the point. BTW, I would NEVER put my cats all alone in cargo. When we moved from Florida to NY, we drove them in the backseat of our car, and brought them into hotels, with us. Would you put your CHILDREN all alone in cargo on a plane?

Old 02-09-2018, 02:04 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Read my post. Animals can be put under the seats if they can fit there in a carrier. A cat is certainly a lot bigger than a hamster.

My daughter is medically diagnosed BiPolar and goes into Panic Attacks being alone in contained spaces like on planes, and cars on long trips. There was no way she was going to put her "baby" in the baggage compartment. Both she and her cat were medicated for that flight. It would have been even worse for her knowing that her cat was in with the baggage. Enough for Emotional Support Pet?

It CAN be accommodated with advance notice and that is the point. BTW, I would NEVER put my cats all alone in cargo. When we moved from Florida to NY, we drove them in the backseat of our car, and brought them into hotels, with us. Would you put your CHILDREN all alone in cargo on a plane?
That poster wasn't referring to your post, they were referring to the story in the OP.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:17 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
people who suffer panic attacks on airplanes shouldn't fly.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:44 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Y
Like I was in a restaurant back a year or so ago and some chick brought her two dogs into the place. The owner told her to get them out but she refused saying they were emotional support animals. He threatened to call the police so she left with the dogs. In her case, she just didn't want to leave them at home, in the car, tied up outside, etc. Basically the chick didn't want to be inconvenienced by having to do something responsible with her dogs, so she just said they are emotional support animals and tried to bring them in the restaurant.
The restaurant owner was well within his rights to tell her to remove her dogs. Only service dogs have access rights to places like restaurants. ESA dogs (and other animals) don't.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:47 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Richard Gere had an emotional support gerbil. He was just smuggling it onto a plane, right? Give that man a body cavity search!

Old 02-09-2018, 02:59 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
From the looks of it (and, sorry here, but Pebbles did fit down the toilet), this was a miniature hamster.

My daughter has this little pouch that she carries hers around in. Wears it around her neck.

Hamsters are nocturnal and don't make any noise.

Heck, that woman could have WORN the hamster onto the plane.

I have to admit that the most disturbing image would be my daughter's absolute horror at her hamster - Sammy - going down a toilet. THAT would be trauma. No way could she have done that.

Probably won't share this story with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies