Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 04:14 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times

Advertisements

Why wasn't she arrested and charged under animal cruelty laws.

At least then she would probably end up with a life long criminal record for her stupidity.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:24 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
That's hilarious, but how is this political or a controversy?
What is so "hilarious" about this?

Old 02-10-2018, 06:22 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I'm not sure any rodent can offer much emotional support. Most species don't care what a human's emotional needs are.

I'm no expert. All I know is I was bitten many more times by my sister's hamster than I was ever bitten by a family dog. And so was my sis. That's why the hamster in his cage was relegated relegated to the basement the day after she got him from the pet store, and I had to feed the little pest. She was too afraid of him to feed it.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
IMO if you need an "Emotional Support Animal" in order to deal with flying, you have NO business being on a passenger aircraft. Find other means. These animals are becoming a real pain in the arse to deal with more and more on the job.
Half of these people with *support dogs* don't want to pay to fly their dogs the right way and are liars, and the other half must be neurotic pansies.

I wish stores, airlines, etc. would put a stop to this. I get that pets are like your children. That doesn't mean you should bring them everywhere you go.

Service animals are a different story.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
"Folks flush pet gold fish all the time".

Usually, when they're DEAD.
Exactly. Never flushed a live goldfish in my life and they weren't even supportive emotionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Half of these people with *support dogs* don't want to pay to fly their dogs the right way and are liars, and the other half must be neurotic pansies.

I wish stores, airlines, etc. would put a stop to this. I get that pets are like your children. That doesn't mean you should bring them everywhere you go.

Service animals are a different story.
The airlines are starting to crack down - at least that's what I heard. I have two dogs that mainly go to the pet store where they are allowed and the yorkie isn't even wild about that. They just don't like stores and such like Home Depot where they are allowed. (Well the westie does).

I've often wondered how I would fly my yorkie (cause no way am I putting her in Cargo) but lying about her being an 'emotional support animal' was never something I would consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
So let me get this straight, this girl has issues to the point where she can't fly without an "emotional support animal" yet in the same day, she not only murdered the animal she *allegedly* depended on for "support" but she also took the flight?
Boggles the mind, I know.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Her story is very unrealistic, I think she may have made it all up.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:41 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post

Hot chick though. I'd wish she'd use my tongue for some of her "emotional support". What is it with a lot of these lib chicks. Hot as hell, but dingbatty upstairs.
DH would decline that offer ..... he says he wouldn't want to risk reproduction.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
People who suffer panic attacks on an airplane should get a prescription for Xanax. It works. Enough with the emotional support animals.
They could even explore the possibility of staying home.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
It can be a pain not to mention expensive to find someone to care for your pets when traveling. This was a college student over T'giving whose friends more likely than not were also away for the holiday. Getting Pebbles the Hamster on the plane as a support animal was no doubt perceived as a good solution.

That is, of course, until it was not.
If she could afford the plane ticket, she could afford to board her emotional support animal.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:56 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
It's unfortunate that pets are restricted so much. You can't even bring your dog on a plane at all if it's not a purse-stuffer and you don't want it in cargo (very unsafe for dogs).

What about families moving across the country or abroad, where driving is impractical or impossible? What are they supposed to do?

Still, this person was f'ed in the head to think that flushing her live hamster down the toilet was in any way acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies