Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 06:23 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Libs as usual suspect the worst when anything involves Trump but even Trump nemesis, Maggie Haberman pours cold water on hearing having anything to do with her resignation.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/968966712258453506
... and what was that thing in Shakespeare about protesting too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 06:24 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Fox News host. Oh wait - you mentioned "respectable". Meh, she's pretty, proven loyal, willing to lie as long as the check clears - she'll be a public spokesperson for some conservative organization in no time.
I doubt it. Shes a Dem who was working for Ivanka when she caught Trumps attention or was pushed on him by Ivanka.

She will get some kind of job through her wealthy father's connections, but it wont be as a spokesperson for conservatives.

Her father has lots of PR creds.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

a high position in the WH and you believe her best opportunity is to marry rich?
Well, I'm not sure that would even work... admitting to the world that you lie seems like it might just be a deal breaker in both future employment and in marriageability. Seriously, who wants an admitted liar? No matter what the position...

Old 02-28-2018, 06:33 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Meh......she's a priveledged rich kid from Greenwich CT.

Daddy will take care of her until she finds a new job.

I know someone who is a friend of hers and according to her Hope broke down in tears when she got the call and was offered the WH job. Because, it was the job of her dreams but it was for the Trump admin. lol.

She sold her soul and deserves whatever she gets, but I am guessing like most rich kids of well connected parents she will land on her feet and probably already has another gig lined up somewhere.
That's what I was thinking. Somebody like Roger Ailes would be very happy to have her (an ex-Trump WH senior staffer, oh boy!) on his staff - no pun intended. Him or someone like him would be happy to get her a salary in the mid six-figures (and performance bonuses to match) based on her looks and her connections alone.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:35 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Exactly! '"It's Mueller Time!", as my new t shirt & the bumper sticker I put on my car today both say!

hahahaha

Old 02-28-2018, 06:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Possibly, but Roger Ailes is dead lol.

I doubt we will end up seeing her in conservative circles.

Like I said, she had apparently had a melt down when offered her job by Trump although it didn't stop her from taking it.

Guessing now she will seek cover in Lib circles and like I said her father has plenty of connections.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:38 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Possibly, but Roger Ailes is dead lol.
Totally missed that one in the news. Pity. Okay maybe that Wynn guy.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:39 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
as i've understood it, the communications director is supposed to oversee everything going out to the media/public. the press secretary, social media and surrogates are all supposed to be coordinated under the communications director.

who knows how much of that is actual reality in this administration since hicks had zero experience for the job.
thanks!

Old 02-28-2018, 06:41 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,650,636 times
From Fox News, the complete updated list of "retired" Trump WH officials:

Former Trump administration officials, from Comey to McCabe | Fox News

Even Fox sounds a bit stunned by how many have left:

"A growing number of people have left the Trump administration in just over a year – a group that includes former press secretary Sean Spicer, FBI director James Comey and chief strategist Steve Bannon."

Old 02-28-2018, 06:46 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,650,636 times
For those wondering how the turnover numbers compare to past administrations, here's an article from December 28, 2017 (obviously doesn't reflect the turnover in the last two months):

Trump Administration Holds Highest Rate of First-Year Staff Turnover

President Donald Trump’s first year in office has seen a record number of staff turnover, with 34 percent of the administration resigning, being reassigned or being fired.

The high level of staff turnover, detailed in a Wall Street Journal report Thursday, is unprecedented in the last 40 years, and is especially unusual given the seniority of the staffers who have left the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies