Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 07:49 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,196,880 times

Advertisements

So it's not a good idea for the White House Communications Director to admit to being a liar.

Who would have ever guessed that??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 07:57 PM

18,049 posts, read 15,649,855 times
She obviously knows a lot of things and could be a major thorn in the side of the prez were she to fully disclose to Mueller what all has been going on that she's witnessed and been party to over the last 2 to 3 years.

Imagine that Ms. Hicks could potentially bring down the presidency or at least hasten this prez's demise if she felt suitably compelled to join forces with the Mueller investigation and start spilling the beans.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:01 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
She obviously knows a lot of things and could be a major thorn in the side of the prez were she to fully disclose to Mueller what all has been going on that she's witnessed and been party to over the last 2 to 3 years.

Imagine that Ms. Hicks could potentially bring down the presidency or at least hasten this prez's demise if she felt suitably compelled to join forces with the Mueller investigation and start spilling the beans.

Next few weeks will tell the tale; if Miss Hicks begins to lawyer up, then that will be a clue things are about to get interesting.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:03 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post

Much of what she knows is likely protected by executive privilege and I am sure Trump will be sure to hand that to her in writing with a threat to sue if she opens her mouth.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:08 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,437,840 times
i'm curious if they're going to stuff kellyanne conway into the vacant position.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:09 PM

18,049 posts, read 15,649,855 times
My aunt, who has always been a democrat, was and still is a staunch supporter of the orange oompa loompa. She's 85 yrs old and would never support a female president. She chose to believe every rumor published about Hillary. So she fixed herself on Trump and swallowed the orange Kool-Aid hook, line and sinker.

I'm a moderate Independent (though fiscally conservative).

During the election my aunt would spout things that were so clearly false, she started to sound like a right wing nut job who was reading Breitbart. She chose to believe everything that she read in which Trump was the greatest candidate of all time. I ignored all the emails she sent out and didn't engage. I lost my respect for her because she is acting out of misogyny and ignorance and neither has a place in my world. She doesn't care about what's really going on; she has the fantasy that was created in her mind and she clings to it.

This is similar to what I think happened to many people. Although it seems like some are at least willing to look at the bigger picture and consider how what's actually happening doesn't match the fantasy they were originally fed.

Last edited by lottamoxie; 02-28-2018 at 08:19 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 08:15 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Much of what she knows is likely protected by executive privilege and I am sure Trump will be sure to hand that to her in writing with a threat to sue if she opens her mouth.

Executive privilege is rather nebulous and more a creature of case law and precedent than anything else as it is *NOT* specifically mentioned in USC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_privilege

As such things could be pushed to where matter ends up in the courts and that incudes before SCOTUS.

Since no one wants to tempt fate usually thus far in recent memory compromises are worked out that avoid going to the mattresses.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:20 PM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Several resignations in the communications staff just one year in, have to laugh that this is because the job is so difficult. The legal costs and chances of going to jail increase each day. Hicks can now return to her interest in fashion but her days of appearing before Mueller are still a possibility.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:21 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I don't think Trump has the ability to control what she says to Mueller.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:24 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,521,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
New York times is reporting this. I guess there really is no Hope. Maybe she wanted to spend more time with her boyfriend, Porter. Geez, who’s getting voted off the island next?
I wish I had an opening for her. Brilliant women deserve great jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies