Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 12:38 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Do you remember the incident in New York a few years ago when the cops shot a hundred times and wounded nine innocent bystanders? If those are the ones who are trained, imagine where the bullets will end up in the hands of the untrained.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...-shoot/324299/

More Guns = More Gun Problems.
LA police and mistaken identity = 103 shots. Only one of the intended targets was hit in the hand. https://www.theatlantic.com/national...-fired/357771/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 12:40 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
My father taught me that there is nothing more useless than an unloaded gun. Every one of my semi-autos in the same has a loaded mag in it. Extra mags are stored loaded. The pistol on my right hip has 15 in the mag and one in the chamber. In fact, there was no discussion in my defensive pistol class about carrying without one in the chamber. It was assumed that everyone did.

Good to see you are well prepared for the apocalypse. Wonderful way to live.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
For a while there were millions of guns manufactured that had flaws that would allow them to go off without the trigger being pulled, but just from being handled roughly. Might be one of those. Or maybe it got caught on something that pushed the trigger while moving it.
Please provide more information on this.

There have been some pistols produced that have this flaw, they were recalled by the manufacturer and replaced with a corrected model.
http://www.waltherarms.com/recall/

Old 03-14-2018, 12:44 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,426,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What it did mention was he was also a reserve cop and a city councilman.
This is the Government official "we" (the country) are supposed to rely on to "protect" us.

I've fired hundreds of thousands of round in my life as a competitive shooter, with firearms that have a trigger that will go off with 3 grams of pressure (a hair trigger if there ever was one). Not one single, solitary accidental discharge.

Beyond that, as an Instructor, the only time loaded firearms are handled are on the range. In the classroom, if we Must use a real weapon, the very first thing that's done is to clear it. If we know ahead of time (99% of the time), it's cleared on the range with no one else around.

There is something Very fishy about this "news". I never rule out someone being a complete idiot as people never cease to amaze me with their idiocy, but someone political who's had mandatory training to be a reservist... it feels like there will be more to the story in the next few days.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Good to see you are well prepared for the apocalypse. Wonderful way to live.
You don't know how I live. This discussion is just a small aspect of my very fulfilling life with my family.

Do I live in fear of being stranded during a trip because I have AAA? Do I live in fear of a house fire because I have smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher? Do I live in fear of death because I have a life insurance policy? No. These are things that responsible adults do.

I love my family and I will protect them against every threat.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:02 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Tens of THOUSANDS of accidents happen EVERY DAY.
Why should this one get CNN attention?
Oh, wait, it involves a "gun" and accident.
let me fix that for you...it involves a gun and accident in a school. Guns do not belong in schools.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:06 PM

736 posts, read 353,868 times
This reminds of the time a PE teacher was demonstrating how to swing a golf club in high school. She accidentally flung the golf club in the direction of us students. Luckily, none of us students got injured. It pays to pay attention.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:08 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He is a reserve police officer, fully trained in firearms. And he shows off his loaded weapon and discharges it in a class full of kids.

Fire him. Now.

It will send a message to other gung-ho "educators" who think they will save the day, guns blazing.

Letting teachers carry weapons is a dumb idea from a dumb administration.
You just confirmed what Tillerson thought of Trump when he said "moron."

Expect more tragedy in schools with teachers carrying guns.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:11 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
The moral of the story: people aren't dangerous, guns are. Ban the guns !
[/sarcasm font off]

Old 03-14-2018, 01:13 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Looks like liberal teachers are shooting up the classrooms trying to make a case for gun control.

Nice try. Yeah, we liberals don't play with our guns all day like you gun lovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies