Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 04:03 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,748 times

Advertisements

Am I the only poster that actually lives in the Sacramento area? This has played out on local tv since it happened. Before BLM got involved it was generally agreed that he had an extensive police record, had been witnessed committing crimes, had just jumped over the fence into the backyard when he was ordered to surrender. He did not. (Edit to add: He had been witnessed committing crimes in his grandmother's neighborhood and one of her neighbors had called the police. He was then also seen committing crimes by the police when they arrived.)

The report so far is that 20 shots were fired, not that he was shot 20 times. I'm sure the truth on that will be released once the investigation was done.

Of course, since BLM got involved, he's pretty much now an innocent choirboy waiting to help carry his grandma's groceries.

Last night, BLM marched onto the freeway, blocking thousands of people from getting home from work, then marched to the King's Arena, where they blocked thousands of people that had prepaid tickets from getting in to see the game. The Sacramento police, at the direction of the black Chief, (who "urged people to be calm") did nothing. The Kings were seemingly fine playing to a nearly empty stadium and seemed to be backing the protesters over the ticket purchasers.

Today, they're marching through downtown Sacramento, and as of a little while ago, the latest picture was a guy standing on somebody's car while others busted out the windows and ransacked the vehicle. Nothing says "protest" like free stuff, right?

The identities of the two police officers haven't been released, but given the make-up of Sac PD there's not automatic guarantee that they're both white.

I have a feeling that this is going to continue all weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 04:30 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Am I the only poster that actually lives in the Sacramento area? This has played out on local tv since it happened. Before BLM got involved it was generally agreed that he had an extensive police record, had been witnessed committing crimes, had just jumped over the fence into the backyard when he was ordered to surrender. He did not. (Edit to add: He had been witnessed committing crimes in his grandmother's neighborhood and one of her neighbors had called the police. He was then also seen committing crimes by the police when they arrived.)

The report so far is that 20 shots were fired, not that he was shot 20 times. I'm sure the truth on that will be released once the investigation was done.

Of course, since BLM got involved, he's pretty much now an innocent choirboy waiting to help carry his grandma's groceries.

Last night, BLM marched onto the freeway, blocking thousands of people from getting home from work, then marched to the King's Arena, where they blocked thousands of people that had prepaid tickets from getting in to see the game. The Sacramento police, at the direction of the black Chief, (who "urged people to be calm") did nothing. The Kings were seemingly fine playing to a nearly empty stadium and seemed to be backing the protesters over the ticket purchasers.

Today, they're marching through downtown Sacramento, and as of a little while ago, the latest picture was a guy standing on somebody's car while others busted out the windows and ransacked the vehicle. Nothing says "protest" like free stuff, right?

The identities of the two police officers haven't been released, but given the make-up of Sac PD there's not automatic guarantee that they're both white.

I have a feeling that this is going to continue all weekend.
And with all the white people murdered by cops that I posted links to (including the white lady in Minneapolis killed by a Somali cop), there was not one single riot, not one single act of vandalism.

BLM doesn't care when unarmed white people are murdered by cops. Neither do white people.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So he deserved to be shot 20 times and killed for an act of vandalism or theft?
Deserved? If you don't want to risk getting shot don't break the law. You think society is better with or without him in it? I doubt he was going to someday cure cancer.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
And with all the white people murdered by cops that I posted links to (including the white lady in Minneapolis killed by a Somali cop), there was not one single riot, not one single act of vandalism.

BLM doesn't care when unarmed white people are murdered by cops. Neither do white people.
Which is why BLM is a horrendous affront to true justice and freedom.

There's nothing I hate more than race baiters or other opportunists who sully a legit issue with their nonsense.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So he deserved to be shot 20 times and killed for an act of vandalism or theft?

YES!

He is lucky not to be shot by a homeowner.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:25 PM

46,965 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
However, completely absent from this outrage in San Antonio was the fact that this individual was out victimizing the neighborhood and running away from police.
That's because it's irrelevant. Lethal force has eff-all to do with previous acts of vandalism. Shame on you. (If you have capacity for it.)

Old 03-23-2018, 05:29 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's because it's irrelevant. Lethal force has eff-all to do with previous acts of vandalism. Shame on you. (If you have capacity for it.)
It's not irrelevant, if he wasn't out wrecking the neighborhood and running from police he never would have been put in this situation where a scared newbie cop opened fire. He's a criminal who met the fate that many such criminals meet, white black brown or other

Old 03-23-2018, 05:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Did he get spontaneous amnesia and forget about smashing all those windows? The people in the chopper saw him smash windows and saw him run into the back yard

Come on man, it was pitch black at night and the guy is just hanging around his grandmother's yard making personal calls while the police is circling?? you seriously think this?
Well, HE WAS on the phone at his grandmothers back yard when he got shot. That is a fact. Did he vandalize something? I don't know, and neither do the cops, although I am sure they thought they had the right guy when they shot him.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...206055609.html

Old 03-23-2018, 05:31 PM

46,965 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
And with all the white people murdered by cops that I posted links to (including the white lady in Minneapolis killed by a Somali cop), there was not one single riot...
Caucasians seem to have bought into the idea that it can't happen to them. Seems like the black population aren't suffering from that delusion. And for some reason, portions of the Caucasian population hate them for it.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:32 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Which is why BLM is a horrendous affront to true justice and freedom.

There's nothing I hate more than race baiters or other opportunists who sully a legit issue with their nonsense.
Especially with you being a biracial person yourself. They think they speak for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies