Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 06:03 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times

Advertisements

I think that black men should avoid wearing black hoodies late at night, especially in crime-ridden neighborhoods. Especially if their skin colour is really dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 06:03 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Read the article. He didn't get shot for vandalism/theft. You're either being obtuse or lack basic reading comprehension skills.
He got shot for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was no indication that the cops even identified themselves as such. Take the worse case scenario. This guy pops out into his home backyard to make a private phone call and some guys run up screaming at him "Gun,gun,gun" and shine flash lights in his face. Does he have even a vague idea of what is happening?

Again I would wait a while until it sorts. He should not have been shot regardless of whether he was the vandal. But it gets much worse if he was simply a crucified bystander.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:23 PM

603 posts, read 445,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Am I the only poster that actually lives in the Sacramento area? This has played out on local tv since it happened. Before BLM got involved it was generally agreed that he had an extensive police record, had been witnessed committing crimes, had just jumped over the fence into the backyard when he was ordered to surrender. He did not. (Edit to add: He had been witnessed committing crimes in his grandmother's neighborhood and one of her neighbors had called the police. He was then also seen committing crimes by the police when they arrived.)

The report so far is that 20 shots were fired, not that he was shot 20 times. I'm sure the truth on that will be released once the investigation was done.

Of course, since BLM got involved, he's pretty much now an innocent choirboy waiting to help carry his grandma's groceries.

Last night, BLM marched onto the freeway, blocking thousands of people from getting home from work, then marched to the King's Arena, where they blocked thousands of people that had prepaid tickets from getting in to see the game. The Sacramento police, at the direction of the black Chief, (who "urged people to be calm") did nothing. The Kings were seemingly fine playing to a nearly empty stadium and seemed to be backing the protesters over the ticket purchasers.

Today, they're marching through downtown Sacramento, and as of a little while ago, the latest picture was a guy standing on somebody's car while others busted out the windows and ransacked the vehicle. Nothing says "protest" like free stuff, right?

The identities of the two police officers haven't been released, but given the make-up of Sac PD there's not automatic guarantee that they're both white.

I have a feeling that this is going to continue all weekend.
The names of the officers involved in this shooting were released today by a civil rights attorney from the Oakland area.
Names of officers in Stephon Clark shooting released by civil rights attorney | The Sacramento Bee

Old 03-23-2018, 06:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Especially with you being a biracial person yourself. They think they speak for you.
I never joined their collective. Individuals always get hate in the face of the cultural Marxist mob.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, HE WAS on the phone at his grandmothers back yard when he got shot. That is a fact. Did he vandalize something? I don't know, and neither do the cops, although I am sure they thought they had the right guy when they shot him.

Police fired 20 times at South Sacramento man fatally shot while holding a cellphone | The Sacramento Bee
Please cite a link that states he was ON the phone. He may have had a phone in his hand while in his grandmother's back yard but if you watched the video you also saw him hop the fence from his neighbor's yard, where pilot's saw him smash a window. You would have also saw this man retreat from and then advance toward law enforcement.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:30 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
The names of the officers involved in this shooting were released today by a civil rights attorney from the Oakland area.
Names of officers in Stephon Clark shooting released by civil rights attorney | The Sacramento Bee

Shot twenty times...20 times...

Old 03-23-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think he qualifies as an innocent victim, even if he was the vandal, which remains to be proven. The caller said there was someone vandalizing cars, he did not identify anyone.
The caller gave a description. Height was off by 3 ish inches. Clothing was similar to what the man in the chopper video was wearing.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:31 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
The number of rounds fired (20) raises a red flag for me. What I'd like to know is how many cops fired their weapons and how many rounds were fired by each cop. At least two cops fired since even a Glock 17 would have run dry. So that would mean that at least two cops (maybe more) were in an exposed position necessitating them to fire their weapons (assuming they actually saw a phone in the kid's hand and thought it was a gun) rather than assessing the situation from a covered position. Were the cops bunched together rather than spread out? Did they make any attempt to assess the situation from a safe position? Couldn't the chopper pilot have given them good info on the kid's exact location so they wouldn't have put themselves in a situation where they felt they had to shoot? 20 rounds raises some questions in my mind.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Completely irrelevant. Use of deadly force is about preserving life. Not more. Not less. It doesn't matter if the perpetrator just bashed in the stained-glass windows of the Notre Dame - that's for the courts. Bringing in the perpetrator alive to stand trial is what a professional police force does. Shooting him out of hand is for banana republics.

You know what keeps people safe from having scared newbie cops killing them? Training the cops. If you can't keep your head, you shouldn't be issued a badge and a firearm.

Can't agree more on the training part of your post. I wasn't there but did see the man in question coming towards the officers. Drop and stop should have/may have been the orders issued.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:35 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I never joined their collective. Individuals always get hate in the face of the cultural Marxist mob.
Which is why Black History Month always ignores people like Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies