Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 08:34 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Gun-nuts are weird. At some point, you have more guns than you or your family can use at any one time.

More than anything, you’re like bots lining the pockets of the NRA. I swear, they must have the best laugh over you guys.
Anti gun nuts are weird, they think the NRA actually make and sell guns.....

Old 03-25-2018, 08:35 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
I don’t know. I guess I’d consider it a problem when you go out and buy more watches and cars at every ringing of Pavlov’s bell.
Who says I do that with guns? Who is Pavlov? The NRA? Sorry, I buy them when I want them, or have a specific use for them.

I could say your Pavlov is CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NYT, Washpo, Huffpo, etc. Just parrot what they tell you to think, and say like a good little progressive.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:36 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No. No, people who want common sense gun laws do not think that. I haven’t seen that stated by anyone.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:37 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
No. No, people who want common sense gun laws do not think that. I haven’t seen that stated by anyone.
Then how are people lining the pockets of the NRA? About 5 million NRA members......do tell, be specific.

And please, inform us of what "common sense" gun laws would consist of? Again, be specific.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Who says I do that with guns? Who is Pavlov? The NRA? Sorry, I buy them when I want them, or have a specific use for them.

I could say your Pavlov is CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NYT, Washpo, Huffpo, etc. Just parrot what they tell you to think, and say like a good little progressive.
I’m sorry. I assumed you’d get the reference:
https://study.com/academy/lesson/iva...sychology.html

Old 03-25-2018, 08:40 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
My husband is a retired cop. He was medically retired. He was a member of a drug task force, a hit was put out on all five members and he was ambushed in the line of duty. It happened before I ever met him, but he still deals with medical issues today. He will deal with them for the rest of his life. That kind of thing makes a lasting impression as well.

As an on-duty cop working in the mountains of eastern TN and as an off-duty cop living in a small eastern TN town (and without going into detail), the ability to wear a gun on duty and wear a gun off duty kept him alive. He's been retired for many years now. He is never without a gun. Never. You may want to refer to him as an old fat guy but there are millions of old fat guys running around this country - many of them hunters, many of them veterans, all of them law abiding, all of them who take the safety of their families very seriously. And all of them feel strongly about their right to own a gun.

I understand lasting impressions and empathize for what these kids went through and what they saw in those hellish classrooms. I do. I'm not a monster. The thought of the terror these kids experienced hurts my heart. But there are few on this site who don't understand (even if they don't want to admit it because it doesn't fall into their declared party lines) who is financing this movement. You know and I know who are paying the bills and who is mobilizing the troops.

The same people who have been trying to figure out for many years just HOW to make inroads on the gun-issue. The same liberals in Hollywood. The same rich politicians who started gun-control organizations years ago but who couldn't get any traction until now. The same liberal organizations who receive tax payer funds and who donate to liberal political candidates.

All of a sudden these children are being presented as the SJWs of the future, when it was only last month that Congress was trying to force Proctor and Gamble to change the colors of (and enhance the packaging of) Tide Pods. You know why.

A few weeks ago the first law suits were filed by the families of those HS kids. The suits were filed against the local family services department, against the Sheriff's Dept, against the school board, and against the school. They weren't filed against the NRA. They weren't filed against lawful gun owners (either in Broward County or anywhere else in this country). You know why.
Except for the Tide Pod(really, how many kids do you think are actually doing that?) slamming an entire generation for a stupid fad that pretty much has already gone away, I applaud your take on it. Your husband (and me as a middle aged, pot bellied, gun owning democrat) are not the problem.

The over availability of guns is the problem. We need to try and do whatever we can to fix that, and some solutions might not be perfect but you can't know if you don't try. Those on the right that are extremely recalcitrant about any change whatever are the problem.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:41 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
I’m sorry. I assumed you’d get the reference:
https://study.com/academy/lesson/iva...sychology.html
Our curse is always to over estimate them. I'd a repped you if I could have.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Then how are people lining the pockets of the NRA? About 5 million NRA members......do tell, be specific.

And please, inform us of what "common sense" gun laws would consist of? Again, be specific.
Why would I? That’s been detailed many times on this board. I’m not about to lay out examples for you. Look it up if you’re uninformed.

ETA: Regarding the NRA, I’m sure those with a vested interest benefit from increased gun sales.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Said the person who does not understand the direct relationship between a lobbyist organization and the manufacturers it represents and is funded by. Are two logic steps beyond your comprehension?

NRA advocates for manufacturers, NRA gets more money. It really is not that difficult.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:45 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Except for the Tide Pod(really, how many kids do you think are actually doing that?) slamming an entire generation for a stupid fad that pretty much has already gone away, I applaud your take on it. Your husband (and me as a middle aged, pot bellied, gun owning democrat) are not the problem.

The over availability of guns is the problem. We need to try and do whatever we can to fix that, and some solutions might not be perfect but you can't know if you don't try. Those on the right that are extremely recalcitrant about any change whatever are the problem.
Then please work on taking guns away from all the criminals in this country. There are too many criminals using too many illegal guns to take part in too many illegal activities. Solve that issue and we'll talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies