Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 09:26 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Unfortunately!??!?!? I consider it a safeguard of US citizens. And so did GOP and other true conservatives before Agent Orange took office.
yeah yeah yeah True conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 09:35 AM

189 posts, read 110,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
And they mocked Trump's tweets and kept referring to it as a "caravan", in quotation marks. Now we know that it was indeed a caravan and a single tweet turned them around. What did Obama do?
Someone else already point this out, but I feel the need to do it again. This is soooo obviously a photo from India. If you doubt it, it's easy to do a Google image search. A little research can do a lot for "fake news"

Old 04-05-2018, 09:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
The NG can be and has been armed in the past resulting in deaths while restoring or enforcing law and order.

Elements of the Ohio Army National Guard were ordered to Kent State University by Ohio's governor Jim Rhodes to quell anti-Vietnam War protests, culminating in their shooting into a crowd of students on May 4, 1970, killing four and injuring nine.

During the 1992 Los Angeles Riots, when portions of south central Los Angeles erupted in chaos, overwhelming the Los Angeles Police Department's ability to contain the violence, the California Army National Guard and selected units of the California Air National Guard was mobilized to help restore order. The National Guard were attributed with five shootings of people suspected of violating the curfew order placed on the city.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:58 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you think that it's only refugees coming here you are badly mistaken. Criminals, economic seekers and those from known terrorist countries, etc. are slipping in right along with them according to the former FBI Director. We cannot keep taking in hundreds of thousands of refugees or illegal aliens. Enough is enough!! We don't have the resources and jobs for all of them. We don't have an endless supply of taxes and natural resources either. I'm tired of our country being the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world. I swear you bleeding hearts are going to be the death of this country yet. All this concern for foreigners and none for the needs and rights of our own citizens.
Our fears are not illogical based on the above. You keep throwing the fear card just to make us look ridiculous when our concerns are not ridiculous.

These school kids you refer to will have to be supported by the taxpayer. Stop blaming the U.S. for their plight and instead blame the countries that they come from and the cowards that their citizens are not to stay and make their countries better. I am sick of this BS!
Really, glad that you are not in charge of the world. I can see why you adore Trump and his 1920's attitude.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:03 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
And they mocked Trump's tweets and kept referring to it as a "caravan", in quotation marks. Now we know that it was indeed a caravan and a single tweet turned them around. What did Obama do?
You do realize that picture you posted was from India?

Old 04-05-2018, 10:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you think that it's only refugees coming here you are badly mistaken. Criminals, economic seekers and those from known terrorist countries, etc. are slipping in right along with them according to the former FBI Director. We cannot keep taking in hundreds of thousands of refugees or illegal aliens. Enough is enough!! We don't have the resources and jobs for all of them. We don't have an endless supply of taxes and natural resources either. I'm tired of our country being the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world. I swear you bleeding hearts are going to be the death of this country yet. All this concern for foreigners and none for the needs and rights of our own citizens.
Our fears are not illogical based on the above. You keep throwing the fear card just to make us look ridiculous when our concerns are not ridiculous.

These school kids you refer to will have to be supported by the taxpayer. Stop blaming the U.S. for their plight and instead blame the countries that they come from and the cowards that their citizens are not to stay and make their countries better. I am sick of this BS!
I'm pretty sure that the school kids I was referring to are American citizens.

Interesting that for some illegals are always the default though.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:15 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This caravan is total fake news meant to justify trumps wall, the actual picture posted here is in India not Mexico.
Is this any better?

Old 04-05-2018, 10:16 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You do realize that picture you posted was from India?
As if such thing never happened. See above.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:22 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,650,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm glad he did it. Hopefully it sticks but I'd expect the liberals to lose their minds over this one. What's really funny is all I've been reading (on here) today is how Trump can't do what he just did.
LOVE IT!
I'm not sure where you saw people saying this. I said repeatedly that the President could deploy the National Guard to support the Border Patrol. After all, both Obama and Bush also sent the National Guard to help the Border Patrol during their administrations. The governor of Texas also sent the National Guard to assist the Border Patrol in that state.

As I and others did point out, however, as in previous administrations, the National Guard will be limited to support functions. They'll be doing things like monitoring the electronic surveillance systems in the southern parts of the county, providing helicopter support for border patrol work, etc.

Federal law prohibits the National Guard (and other arms of the full time military) from doing things like arresting, detaining, and interrogating people on U.S. soil when another law enforcement agency (the Border Patrol, ICE) is already doing that. But, I'm sure it will be helpful to the border patrol to be freed up from more routine tasks, just as it was during the Obama and Bush administrations.

As someone who lives right by the border, I have no problem with the National Guard giving that support to the Border Patrol, just as I didn't during Obama and Bush's terms.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:30 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Gov. will likely object being he is a supporter and lover of illegals and criminals.

The NG in other states will free up BP agents to be sent in to Ca.
The Governor by his own actions will get what he doesn't want. The man is an idiot.
lol really? And what would you say if you found out that California already has the National Guard working at the border?

"The California National Guard has about 250 people working to stop illegal drugs from getting into the state, including 55 helping along the border."

And they weren't just deployed because "dear leader" ordered it.

White House makes hasty plan to send National Guard to border, leaving mission and duration unclear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies