Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:19 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So what? A presidential proclamation doesn't do anything. It's not a law; rather a statement of intent. Trump once again is acting like he rules a monarchy. He's pandering to his base, and they're eating it up as usual.
That is the MSM talking point today. The collective is in sink and insane with propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 04:22 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,222,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, he did title 32 which asks for the governors to enact the NG, as opposed to Title 10 which federally activates them. Or vice versa.... I'm tired of looking stuff up. But it's the one where he asks the states to do it.
Take a break Mikala43! You've been working WAY to hard!

Old 04-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Take a break Mikala43! You've been working WAY to hard!
Making so little progress too. I miss watching a gerbil on the wheel.

President Trump has every right to defend our border and not give in to migrant group's demands | Fox News

Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump signed proclamation to send NG to border. It should have the desired effect on national security and trade. NAFTA

Smart move by the President. Lets hope its a large force with necessary aircraft and surveillance measures.

On trade its puts negotiations in a different light. Mexico will know we are serious about both trade and securing the border.

It should allow more BP to secure the Ca border where the Gov. is likely not to cooperate.

Replace the "to sign" with "did sign" in the link as there are question that still apply.

Trump signs proclamation sending National Guard to Mexico border immediately | Fox News
Not happening!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/05/polit...ard/index.html

Old 04-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Happening !!! There is more than one state in the Union.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:52 PM

President Trump told reporters Thursday that he wants to send between 2,000 and 4,000 National Guard members to America's southern border.
The president also said that he planned to "probably keep them or a large portion of them until the wall is built

In Washington, the Pentagon said it is establishing a new "border security support cell" that will be manned 24 hours a day.

Trump says he wants to send 2,000 to 4,000 National Guard members to US-Mexico border | Fox News

Getting it done !!!

Old 04-05-2018, 04:53 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Trump signed proclamation to send NG to border. It should have the desired effect on national security and trade. NAFTA

Smart move by the President. Lets hope its a large force with necessary aircraft and surveillance measures.

On trade its puts negotiations in a different light. Mexico will know we are serious about both trade and securing the border.

It should allow more BP to secure the Ca border where the Gov. is likely not to cooperate.

Replace the "to sign" with "did sign" in the link as there are question that still apply.

Trump signs proclamation sending National Guard to Mexico border immediately | Fox News

Alright...my .02. Deploying the NG to the border under federal command is unconstitutional. The federal government having command of the state NGs is unconstitutional to begin with. BUT Bush 1 got away with it is DS1, they actually got away with deploying the Marines during the LA riots. USMC 7th Expeditionary force Camp Pendelton to be exact. Deployment of regular forces on US soil if expressly forbidden by the Constitution. Only to repel a foreign invasion.

This move spooks me. I have always been leery of Trump anyway. There have been numbers tossed out a 100000. That's an entire division. A division of what becomes the US Army when the feds take command. Which they should NOT be allowed to do. I know this is a popular idea and I have leanings but I can't support it. The federal government needs it's horns knocked off.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:57 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Alright...my .02. Deploying the NG to the border under federal command is unconstitutional. The federal government having command of the state NGs is unconstitutional to begin with. BUT Bush 1 got away with it is DS1, they actually got away with deploying the Marines during the LA riots. USMC 7th Expeditionary force Camp Pendelton to be exact. Deployment of regular forces on US soil if expressly forbidden by the Constitution. Only to repel a foreign invasion.

This move spooks me. I have always been leery of Trump anyway. There have been numbers tossed out a 100000. That's an entire division. A division of what becomes the US Army when the feds take command. Which they should NOT be allowed to do. I know this is a popular idea and I have leanings but I can't support it. The federal government needs it's horns knocked off.

I do not believe it would be under Federal Command, what he has done is ASK the states to send in the NG. So far OR and CA have said "no."

He hasn't ordered it.

I'm wondering where the money will come from, and if it does not come from additional funds to the states, if more states will decline. I'm not sure how that works.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-05-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I do not believe it would be under Federal Command, what he has done is ASK the states to send in the NG. So far OR and CA have said "no."

He hasn't ordered it.

I'm wondering where the money will come from, and if it does not come from additional funds to the states, if more states will decline. I'm not sure how that works.
Maybe he will ask the Dems for some of the free money they always have for their ideas.

Nobody knows the source but it never slows down the spending in D.C.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:14 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Maybe he will ask the Dems for some of the free money they always have for their ideas.

Nobody knows the source but it never slows down the spending in D.C.

While I agree the spending in Washington never slows down, the source is usually known. You can't just grab chunks of cash willy nilly and do what you want with it, there are rules. I'm just wondering if the states will bear the cost or if Federal funds will be given, or even if you can, and if you want federal funds do you need Congressional approval (I would guess "yes").

The NG mainly serve their one weekend a month, but if you bring in 6000 until the wall is built, that's uber money needed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies