Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 06:24 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's the kind of statement that tells me I'm better off dealing with the fruit basket.
I felt the same way when trump was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 06:27 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
That's the kind of statement that tells me I'm better off dealing with the fruit basket.
Bottom line: Trumped ASKED the states to send out the National Guard. That is all he has done.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-05-2018, 06:29 PM

37,231 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Imagine that Forbes the rich guy, and his publication, who wants cheep labor.

The left in bed with the wealthy.
I have serious doubts that many illegal immigrants are Forbes contributors, unless you know something the rest of us don't.

Dish, if you got it.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I've loved Oregon since I lived there in the 70s. I need to get back out there soon.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have serious doubts that many illegal immigrants are Forbes contributors, unless you know something the rest of us don't.

Dish, if you got it.
I see your problem. Let me solve it for you.

Dot......................Dot..................Dot. ...........................Dot

Old 04-05-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Fascinating read !!!

"He has been very clear that he wants to secure our border. He's been very clear that he wants to do that in a bipartisan way with Congress. I think what you're seeing is the president taking his job very seriously, in terms of securing our border and doing everything we can, without Congress, to do just that."
I see him waving a red flag to distract a bull so it doesn't run over him. He's plotting something.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I see your problem. Let me solve it for you.

Dot......................Dot..................Dot. ...........................Dot
Fascinating. All of the illegal immigrants contributing to Forbes are named Dot Blank. Doesn't that get confusing on payday...?

Old 04-05-2018, 08:07 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The influx across the border was at an all time high around 2008/2009 what is the current emergency.
Actually, sorry, but you're wrong. Look at the actual statistics from the Federal government. The highest ever point for illegal border crossings was in the mid-1990s during Bill Clinton's administration.

Bush brought the numbers down through each year of his administration. Then the numbers continued to decline under Obama.

Last year, the first year of Trump's administration, the numbers of illegals caught by the Border Patrol sneaking across the border with Mexico were the lowest they've been since 1971.

I posted the link to the U.S. Federal government website showing the statistics going back to 1920 in post #86. Please go to the Federal government's website and check out the actual data for yourself.

Why President Trump doesn't want to take credit for the number of illegal aliens sneaking across the border falling to the lowest level in 50 years on his watch is beyond me.

He and his cabinet (and his supporters) should be trumpeting that great news instead of trying to make it sound like things are getting worse on his watch.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:17 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Dish, if you got it.
The numbers that Forbes reported on in the article came from Trump's own administration. They sent out press releases about this in December, touting how the number of illegals crossing the border last year was the lowest since 1971.

I guess that now the President and people like phma are saying that wasn't true at all. It was all just lies?

Because all of a sudden, three months later, they're suddenly claiming hordes are invading the border in never before seen numbers.

If that IS true, the Trump sure has screwed things up.

We went from the fewest number of illegals crossing the border since Dick Nixon was in office to a national emergency requiring the National Guard in just three months.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:04 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Why President Trump doesn't want to take credit for the number of illegal aliens sneaking across the border falling to the lowest level in 50 years on his watch is beyond me. He and his cabinet (and his supporters) should be trumpeting that great news instead of trying to make it sound like things are getting worse on his watch.
The only thing that I can think of is that he has decided his base is more influenced by fear than by success
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies