Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 04:55 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump just had a meltdown on national television moment ago. Hilarious! Ranted on and on about no collusion and an unfair investigation

This could be the beginning of the end for POTUS Trump. He seems enraged, he might fire Sessions and Rosenstein and replace him/them with a "yes man" who will fire Mueller.

That would probably be the last straw for even most republicans in Congress. and if they dont impeach Trump soon, a democratic Congress come November will.
Not very likely, unless the smoking gun is apocalyptic in scale. A simple majority in the House is all it takes to impeach, but the Senate requires a 2/3 majority vote to convict - which means that at least 15 Republican Senators would have to vote against Trump. I don't see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Cohen isn't part of the Administration and he was never part of the campaign. Get your facts straight before spouting off.
Mmm.... I know this may be hard to comprehend, but Cohen's only client is the President - who (last time I checked) was a part of the Administration.

Try to keep up, eh? We'll help out if you need it, but you should be able to work out this sort of simple stuff on your own.

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Absolutely. They should stick to the focus of their parameters.
Are you for real?

You wouldn't pass that information along? You would simply ignore it?

Again, looking for an honest reply.

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's really that simple.
Sure....that's the ticket!

Old 04-09-2018, 04:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I'm not sure Trump is guilty of anything. I do think he surrounds himself with some questionable characters though that seem to take pride in being idiots. Trump doesn't know any better.

I really do think he is that naive/ignorant.

He might know more today -- but at the time anything was going down - the last thing anybody would ever do is tell Trump something that would implicate them. They know he doesn't edit well.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:59 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No, it's disgusting! Communist tactics through and through.
So Trump's own appointees are using Communist tactics against him?

Old 04-09-2018, 05:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Either he’s a hack partisan willing to risk his career and freedom or there is something real.
it is being reported that the judge who issued the warrants is a republican.

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm not sure Trump is guilty of anything. I do think he surrounds himself with some questionable characters though that seem to take pride in being idiots. Trump doesn't know any better.

I really do think he is that naive/ignorant.

He might know more today -- but at the time anything was going down - the last thing anybody would ever do is tell Trump something that would implicate them. They know he doesn't edit well.
I agree that Trump really is that dumb, but there's no way he didn't know anything if there was indeed shady business going on aroind him, which I'm fairly certain there was.

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You may want to go back and read Mueller's response in reply to Manafort's complaint that his crimes were not connected to the Russia investigation.

Mueller is, in fact, playing 3-D chess, while Cohen is playing like he even knows what he is doing. What a sad excuse for an attorney he is.

Cohen is likely just not that smart
He went to 3rd tier law school
He went to not very competitive college
Water seeks its own level...

And face it
Trump doesn't like dealing with subordinates who really are smarter than he is...

Old 04-09-2018, 05:01 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I am not a lawyer, but have been hearing discussion stating that if the communication helps further a crime, it is not privileged.
My understanding is that there is a crime-fraud exception to attorney-client privilege. The communication is not privileged if it is made with the intention of committing or covering up a crime or fraud.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:02 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You are appalled--
You should be
You have a president who is more crooked than the Mississippi River...
How so? There is no evidence that Trump did anything wrong A week ago Muller told Trump he is not the focus of a criminal investigation. What is happening today is complete BS. Now all the people that Trump appointed have to go out of their way to look impartial and any attempt to quash a seemingly meaningless investigation into what could amount to be a minor FEC violation has to be drawn out like a major criminal element is at play and the courts will have to sort it out. Common sense has left the building guys and gals. It started when Obama, Holder, and Lynch politicized the FBI by allowing Clinton allies to fill top positions and hold them like they were royalty and subsequently abuse them day after day. The more Trump tries to root them out the harder they fight back and try to pull at the tiniest thread in the hopes of unraveling his presidency.

I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. If anyone here is of with the FBI seizing privileged communications between an attorney and their client no matter who it might be you may as well become a communist. Because that is where we are heading. The FBI will now hide behind the "we don't comment on ongoing investigations" mantra. In this case, they need to lay all their cards on the table and let the American people know what they are investigating, what evidence they have etc.. Muller needs to do this too. Enough is enough. If Trump, Cohen, Gates, Manarfort, Flynn and the rest of them are truly guilty of something then put it all out there and get clear the deck. and let's begin the process of fixing the what's wrong with this country on both sides of the Aisle. But, if there is nothing of substance there that amounts to minor infractions or misdemeanor crimes that are merely punishable by fines and censure get on with it and lets' move forward. If there is really nothing there at all then perhaps the investigators need to be investigated for their own corruption because this has gotten ridiculous. Unless Trump is guilty of high treason and after what Muller said last week about Trump not being the focus of a criminal investigation there is no reason for any of this to continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies