Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 03:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Thanks TigerLily for following the evidence rules. It looks like Trump made an error in remembering the exact day that the Stock Exchange opened 17 years ago. I remember that I went to my physiology class the next day. The point Trump was making is the same one Obama made when he said we have to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off. After a big tragedy, we need to keep going, we need to move on or else the bad guys win. That's the point of Trump's message even if he did not hit the exact date on the head.
Okay, you may have a point there. After all, the Queen Mother did start it all with "Keep Calm and Carry On." Regardless, Trump needs to revisit his wording and inflection and also work on making sure his name-dropping is accurate. (It was Dick Grasso not Dick Russell, so it makes one wonder just how "great" their friendship was.)

Old 10-30-2018, 11:10 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...39756105207808

Old 10-30-2018, 11:21 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Thanks TigerLily for following the evidence rules. It looks like Trump made an error in remembering the exact day that the Stock Exchange opened 17 years ago. I remember that I went to my physiology class the next day. The point Trump was making is the same one Obama made when he said we have to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off. After a big tragedy, we need to keep going, we need to move on or else the bad guys win. That's the point of Trump's message even if he did not hit the exact date on the head.
Oh, for crying out loud.

The point he was making? He was lying.

Trump lied about seeing Muslims dance and celebrate 9/11. Lied about the stock market opening the next day. Lied about baseball continuing on as if nothing happened. Lied about his role in helping in the aftermath :ied to get 9/11 money. ...

Is there anything about 9/11 that he didn't lie about?

Old 10-30-2018, 11:24 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Wow. Another Trump tweet that has not aged well.

I'm not sure if it's more funny or sad how Trump has directly contradicted himself via Twitter so often between what he's said about what Obama does and what he himself has done as POTUS.

Donald Trump has the intellect of a twelve year old.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:43 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
He could have made the same point by actually using factual data.
He chose to lie.

Just like he did when he stated that the U.S. is the only country with birthright citizenship.

"In an interview with "Axios on HBO", President Trump falsely claimed that the U.S. is "the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits.""

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-b...2287e0f9a.html

Old 10-30-2018, 11:43 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Interesting:

https://hillreporter.com/special-cou...-assault-12207

Looks Like Someone May Be Planning False Sexual Assault Accusations Against Robert Mueller

Sounds like Lindsey Graham, just a few weeks ago.

Lindsey Graham Threatens to Falsify Accusations of Assault Against Democratic Supreme Court Nominees

Old 10-30-2018, 12:04 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,562 times
I haven't followed this thread but I was amazed to the latest Trump lie: “We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States . . . with all of those benefits,”
https://youtu.be/9Jlh2AzYp8E

How is a president allowed to make such a gross lie? Most of the countries in the Americans have birthright, plus a few in Europe. About 30 in total.

Isn't this supposed to be the same people who support the constitution?

Here is a map of countries that have birthright citizenship.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli

Last edited by thelogo; 10-30-2018 at 12:39 PM..

Old 10-30-2018, 06:11 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Looks like the night time Fox News hosts have decided they want to be on the liar's page. They are using fake stories about health care. They are using fake stories about illness being brought over the border (leprosy really).

Fox news Trump TV.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:20 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
..........as we add Pence to the list hanging out with a "fake " Rabbi.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:06 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
I guess this rightly belongs in this thread:

Quote:
...Trump recruited prospective investors by telling them about a “great opportunity” at ACN, a multi-level marketing company, the lawsuit states. Trump told the would-be investors that he’d done his own research and wasn’t endorsing the company for any money, court papers say.

“Not a word of this was true,” said the suit, which claims Trump and his children secretly received millions from 2005 to 2015 to back ACN. Trump knew it would be a money-losing deal for many of the inexperienced investors signing on, the suit claimed. ...
Trump scammed cash-strapped investors with false promises, lawsuit says
Donald Trump and family allegedly received millions in secret. A Trump Org. lawyer called the suit baseless

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ays-2018-10-29

"In November 2016, Trump agreed to a $25 million to settle cases alleging deceptive practices at Trump University, which was supposed to teach students the secrets to Trump’s real estate savvy.

Trump settled without admitting liability.

The New York State Attorney General’s office is also suing to dissolve the Trump Foundation, a charity. Trump wrongly used the charity as a piggy bank to help his business dealings and 2016 presidential campaign. Trump is fighting the pending case in Manhattan Supreme Court."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies