Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 05:52 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times

Advertisements

Trump says he can end birthright citizenship with an EO.

Dozens upon dozens of legal experts including numerous professors of law at many major universities weigh in saying Trump cannot. Its not legal.

The 14th amendment states very plainly "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

The history of the 14th amendment goes back to Lincoln, the first Republican president, the Dread Scott decision, and ending slavery and giving all Africans in the US citizenship.

That is as clear and unequivocal as it gets.

Virtually every major media story in every major news outlet, not only in the US but around the world says the president is wrong.

Except one:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trum...constitutional

FOX …. of course it has been shown that 60% of FOX news is false or misleading.

And yet …. Trump followers believe his every word. It is unimaginable to me how so many people in America can be so deluded.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:49 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

Dozens upon dozens of legal experts including numerous professors of law at many major universities weigh in saying Trump cannot. Its not legal.

The 14th amendment states very plainly "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

The history of the 14th amendment goes back to Lincoln, the first Republican president, the Dread Scott decision, and ending slavery and giving all Africans in the US citizenship.

Virtually every major media story in every major news outlet, not only in the US but around the world says the president is wrong.

Except one:

And yet …. Trump followers believe his every word. It is unimaginable to me how so many people in America can be so deluded.
True but as the saying goes ..."ignorance is bliss", which would explain how they're happy all the time .

Old 10-31-2018, 10:29 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Hey, what about the long-promised, more affordable, better coverage, ... health care plan?

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...77878553280512

Old 10-31-2018, 12:22 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

Except one:

Your selective bolding glossed over the sticky part of the amendment, namely, subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

The claim is that it means they were born to parents under the jurisdiction of the USA, in other words, "born to citizens". If you can supply a more believable interpretation, my ears are open.

Even as a lefty, I will admit I've never quite understood the whole anchor-baby loophole.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:06 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Trumps lies continue. Twitter and his last interview.
He deflects from Mueller being attacked by his supporters and they were caught in a lie.
He deflects from his Interior Sec. being investigated for the 3rd time.
He deflects from the fact that the GOP is now the party of Nazi's according to Steve King in Iowa.
He deflects from healthcare issues. Seems his administration has screwed up healthcare so much that Red States getting hit the hardest.
He deflects from RICO suit against Trump and family.
Tonight he starts his lying tour to try and save the House and Senate.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:27 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Trump telling media he wants to send 15,000 more troops to the border.

Trump is lying again as he tries his best to create an issue that makes him look strong. Maybe he should sent them to the pan handle of Fla. to help them clean up. The work there is more important then the paper work they will be doing along the border.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:05 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump telling media he wants to send 15,000 more troops to the border.

Trump is lying again as he tries his best to create an issue that makes him look strong. Maybe he should sent them to the pan handle of Fla. to help them clean up. The work there is more important then the paper work they will be doing along the border.
General is getting Fed up with trump and his lies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga-gkG6Cxf8

Old 10-31-2018, 07:34 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
General is getting Fed up with trump and his lies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga-gkG6Cxf8
This are historic times in our nation.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:43 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Your selective bolding glossed over the sticky part of the amendment, namely, subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

The claim is that it means they were born to parents under the jurisdiction of the USA, in other words, "born to citizens". If you can supply a more believable interpretation, my ears are open.

Even as a lefty, I will admit I've never quite understood the whole anchor-baby loophole.

If you are in America, say from Jamaica, and you do something illegal, you are subject to the jurisdiction of the USA. In essence, when anyone sets foot in America, they are subject to Americas jurisdiction. The few exceptions are generally political, having to do with embassy's on foreign soil.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:40 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
“Well, I try. I do try ... and I always want to tell the truth,” Trump said in an interview with ABC News. “When I can, I tell the truth. And sometimes it turns out to be where something happens that’s different or there’s a change, but I always like to be truthful.”

The Washington Post’s Fact Checker reported last month that Trump had made more than 5,000 false or misleading claims in the first 601 days of his presidency — an average of 8.3 claims a day — and that the pace is picking up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...EOG?li=BBnb7Kz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies