Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 07:23 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times

Advertisements

Did y’all know the ny stock exchange was open the day after 9/11?

Trump does.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:36 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post

Trump does.
Quote:
While the president referenced “Dick Russell, a friend of mine,” the head of the NYSE at the time was actually named Dick Grasso. Dick Russell was a senator from Georgia who defended segregation.
LOL, what a jack wagon.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:44 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
27 posts and not a single example of lying.
This is now merged thread. Start at the beginning, you will find many examples of Trump lies.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:06 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
This is now merged thread. Start at the beginning, you will find many examples of Trump lies.
Haven’t seen any based on the very basic standard I put forward, probably because there are none.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:07 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post

Trump does.
This one pisses me off. My spouse's employer at the time was one of many companies that worked tirelessly and around the clock for six days to get the NYSE back on line after the terrorist attacks. Was President Trump conscious the week after September 11th?

Old 10-28-2018, 04:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Haven’t seen any based on the very basic standard I put forward, probably because there are none.
Probably because you aren't paying attention.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:27 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
This one pisses me off. My spouse's employer at the time was one of many companies that worked tirelessly and around the clock for six days to get the NYSE back on line after the terrorist attacks. Was President Trump conscious the week after September 11th?
No , he all so lied about seeing people cheering when the Towers came down ,trump=clown.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:53 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Here's a fractional list without even really getting into the deeper research. Could keep going.

Biggest inaugural crowd... lie.

I won't have time to play golf if President, unlike Obama... lie.

Obama birth certificate false, was born in Kenya... lie.

I'll release my taxes after the audit... lie.

I didn't mock a disabled reporter... lie.

I don't praise or encourage violence against journalists at my rallies... lie.

I didn't support the war in Iraq, records show that... lie.

Stock market boom under Obama was terrible, but it's great under me (unless it goes down)... lie.

In California they're rioting over sanctuary city policies... lie.

There is no system to vet Middle Eastern immigrants... lie.

We're the highest taxed nation on earth... lie.

Trump University has an A from the Better Business Bureau... lie.

California wildefires are worse because Cali is diverting water into the Pacific Ocean... lie.

10% tax cut for middle class coming right before mid-terms... lie.

Widespread voter fraud, millions of dead and illegals voting; I should have won the popular vote... lie.

A horrible law requires me to separate children from parents at the border... lie.

I solved the North Korean crisis... sleep well!... lie.

Biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history... lie.

Black home ownership highest in the history of our country... lie.

Under me, our nuclear arsenal is far stronger and more powerful than ever before... lie.

ISIS is infiltrating through Mexico... lie.

When you look for a job and can't find it and give up, you are considered statistically employed... lie.

The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia didn't influence the election... lie.

Bowling Green massacre, terrible... lie.

Look what's happening in Sweden last night... lie.

Only 109 out of hundreds of thousands of travelers affected by immigration executive order... lie.
True. If it wasn't so sad and a detriment, it could be comical to think how it continues.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:34 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Trump and Fox are now lying again. Trump, who wants to own the news cycle everyday, cannot handle the fact that the entire nation is seeing how he lies.

Trump up and tweeting about himself. Not being able to understand that the crazy people have acted based on the anger and fear he has created.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Not clicking on the compost. I asked for cake and you said some other guy had some at his house but never provided any real cake. I asked for examples from Trump himself not some third person. I haven’t seen that.
Did you happen to see/hear his statements over the weekend about the stock exchange opening after 9/11?

The statement:
With what happened early today, that horrible, horrible attack in Pittsburgh, I was saying, ‘Maybe I should cancel both this and that.’ And then I said to myself, ‘I remembered Dick Russell, a friend of mine, great guy, he headed up the New York Stock Exchange on September 11th, and the New York Stock Exchange was open the following day.’ He said — and what they had to do to open it you wouldn’t believe, we won’t even talk to you about it. But he got that exchange open. We can’t make these sick, demented, evil people important,” Trump said.”

The stock exchange did not open the “following day.”
It reopened in the 17th.

Further:
“A few minutes later in his speech, Trump also incorrectly claimed that professional sports teams like the New York Yankees did not cancel any games as a result of the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

“Remember the teams, the Yankees, George Steinbrenner. He said, ‘We have got to play, even if nobody comes. Nobody shows up, we have got to play.”

As SB Nation points out, Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig actually canceled the games for the evening of Sept. 11 and later canceled all of the games scheduled for that week. The entire season was pushed back a full week.”

And, Dick Russell was not the head of the NYSE.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fal...210846041.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies