Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:03 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times

Advertisements

Trump created a problem. He could fix it. Instead he will mess it all up. Screw the pooch is the best term I can use for him and his Administration.

Fixed it,

Old 06-20-2018, 12:03 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,750,953 times
Yes, Trump wants to be a dictator. He's so ignorant he doesn't know how Presidents are supposed to function.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:04 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no he didn't, he didn't single out one single race, what he singled out was crossing THE BOARDER, so.....and he hasn't done a complete 180, he and others in the White House has said, he doesn't want to divide families. Yanno, no matter what he does, your going to call him names...he is doing what he was elected to do, stop the influx of people who don't respect America enough to become American citizens, instead, they chose to come in illegally...and as hard as you try to condone your feelings on this, you call him and us racists for wanting to close the boarder and have our laws, (which are already on the books) adhered to, once and for all...that's it. And btw, a whole lot of people changed their political affiliations b/c they wanted this also... When a society ignores laws, a decline in society starts...we are there.... You would really love to convince yourself that obeying the laws is racist, but you couldn't be stating a more illogical and ridiculous statement.
I voted for Obama, in his first term, and yet, b/c I disagreed with his policies, I was called a racist....
Enough with the race card, it's old.
yanno what? Trump does everything he can to appeal to the racist, nativist instincts of some Republican voters, whether that describe you or not is for you to decide but it is a fact.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mp-racist.html

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...tion-plan.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...p-s-ncna837346

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
Default Kirstjen Nielsen Eats Her Words

All she had to eat was her words.

They ran her out of the Mexican restaurant before she could eat her Taco.

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Trump is faced with no good options here. The democratic mafia will bust him no matter what he does.
This is the correct response.

So he might as well trust his instincts and move on...

Old 06-20-2018, 12:05 PM

923 posts, read 495,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yes, Trump wants to be a dictator. He's so ignorant he doesn't know how Presidents are supposed to function.

He was smart enough to beat a field of other republican candidates and he was smart enough to beat Hillary.

4,710 posts, read 7,104,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Congress makes law. And Congress made this law(policy) This was congressional policy(legislation that was now being enforced) There is a lot of the 1986 Green Card Act, that has never been enforced.

Trump is forcing them to change it, because an EO is reserved for eminent harm to our nation, where congress would be too slow and it would be too late to save the Republic, not other nations people, that have no business here and have violated our law....
Trump signs an EO, it will be challenged in court.

Trump is wanting Congress to fix it.
Congress has been avoiding the immigration problem for decades. Under both Democratic and Republican Administrations, and with both Democratic and Republican congresses, they have not had the courage to tackle immigration reform. So of course, the current problem has its roots in that failure.

BUT, Trump chose to push congress to act by confiscating children, tearing them from their parents, exposing them to trauma that has life-long implications. He has used innocent children as pawns in his legislative strategy. He is immoral, as are many of the people who surround him.

Now he has been forced to admit that he COULD unilaterally withdraw his policy. The larger problem remains unresolved, but he has shown himself to be capable of gross child abuse for reason of political maneuvering.

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
All she had to eat was her words.

They ran her out of the Mexican restaurant before she could eat her Taco.

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
And that's who the majority of the kids being held are--unaccompanied minors.

A percentage of the other 2000 are with people who can't be verified.

The infants ripped from the nipples of lactating women are in the super minority
When they take them away they now call them unaccompanied.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:06 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump broke it. He could fix it. Instead he will mess it all up. Screw the pooch is the best term I can use for him and his Administration.
Trump did not break anything. The Federal Court ruled that parents could NOT be detained WITH their children just a few months ago. When you are arrested, you can't take your kids to jail with you to serve your sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies