Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 10:43 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
What a total non-issue. Of course CNN is on it as their owners (Time Warner) desperately try to sow division and hatred between ordinary Americans while they laugh all the way to the bank. Time Warner will be one of the biggest spenders in the upcoming election, funding puppets of big business to crush the common man. All while using the CNN platform to pretend they care about the common people. They are no better than Fox.
Who represents the common man these days? It certainly isn't Trump and the GOP. As a matter of fact I'll be damned if I can think of any current politicians who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 10:44 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
I mean - white people need to stop calling police at the drop of a hat.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:47 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Those were rhetorical questions. Read my very first post on this thread to keep up with how I think before asking such ridiculous questions. It's post #13.

But to make you feel all gooey inside, it has been my experience that the people who do this type of thing are white women. I have never seen a white male do this, Hispanic, Black, or even Asian person do this type of thing. Every time I see that "I'd like to speak to your manager" type, it has always, always, always been a white female.

Happy?
Almost. The issue isn't your rhetorical questions. It's that you soft shoe around the motivation, and make it into a "some people are just b****es, amirite" cop out. There's a reason you keep seeing these interpersonal disagreements turn into cop-abuse-fodder when one of the participants is Black. Let's not bea around the bush like it's not a conscious effort with an expected resolution.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:49 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Almost. The issue isn't your rhetorical questions. It's that you soft shoe around the motivation, and make it into a "some people are just b****es, amirite" cop out. There's a reason you keep seeing these interpersonal disagreements turn into cop-abuse-fodder when one of the participants is Black. Let's not bea around the bush like it's not a conscious effort with an expected resolution.
It's not a "cop out". There is no proof that she called because the person was black. There is no proof that she called the person in the stairs solely because he was black. THAT is a cop out.

My opinion stands: I've experienced and seen this type of behavior way, way too many times because it doesn't just happen to black people. Control freaks like this do it to EVERYONE! I've had co-workers like this. I've been on the receiving end of people like this. I have had jobs where I had mostly white female co-workers, and it happens a LOT. I've had jobs where I was the only white person, and NO ONE did this crap. Everyone resolved their problems face to face. I've had jobs where my co-workers were many different races. Guess who did the control freak act? The white females. No one else. This type of person wants to control people, no matter who they are, what their age, what color they are, their background, etc. They are narcissistic nosy, busy body hags who have NOTHING going on in their lives. My first post stated that I can't stand people like this because I've experienced people like this. You can play your race card all you want, it does not negate the fact that these types of people want to be the authority over every last person on this earth.

The reason that we keep seeing stories like this is because when a white hag female does this to another white person, they don't run to the news or make videos about it. That is why.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
It's not a "cop out". There is no proof that she called because the person was black. There is no proof that she called the person in the stairs solely because he was black. THAT is a cop out.

My opinion stands: I've experienced and seen this type of behavior way, way too many times because it doesn't just happen to black people. Control freaks like this do it to EVERYONE!
I'll believe it when I see the wave of White people calling cops on Asians b/c they can't agree on something or b/c they feel like it.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:01 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,363 times
Quote:

My opinion stands: I've experienced and seen this type of behavior way, way too many times because it doesn't just happen to black people. Control freaks like this do it to EVERYONE! I've had co-workers like this. I've been on the receiving end of people like this. I have had jobs where I had mostly white female co-workers, and it happens a LOT.

Exactly. Screaming 'racism' is too convenient.

Racist until proven otherwise, is the default.

And opening a door with keys does NOT prove you belong there. That's simpleton thinking.
Sometimes people lend their keys to others, or keys are stolen.

Bottom line, black girl was being a bit of a drama queen. And the white girl was a pain in the ass too.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:01 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't follow college sports at all. It just seems to me that studying Africa and its history is just as legitimate as studying any other part of the world. History does not begin and end with Europe and the US.

I do think it's unfortunate that so much emphasis is placed on sports in schools, including high schools, at the expense of academics, but that's a whole other discussion.
No one is challenging the legitimacy of actually studying Africa history but rather how it's a major that has been recently used in a broad fashion to enable the exploitation of black athletes for sports without really giving them an education. That's some cruel irony right there.

I really hope you read that article, I agree it's another discussion but it's worth reading even if you're not into college sports.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:02 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,381 times
Typical white not minding their business.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Exactly. Screaming 'racism' is too convenient.

Racist until proven otherwise, is the default.

And opening a door with keys does NOT prove you belong there. That's simpleton thinking.
Sometimes people lend their keys to others, or keys are stolen.

Bottom line, black girl was being a bit of a drama queen. And the white girl was a pain in the ass too.
That's some Ocean's 11 type scheming then, eh? Get copies of keys, fake college ID, rig college ID to work on scanners... Good thing cops are following through on this bc she might steal the Declaration of Independence next...

Old 05-10-2018, 11:04 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'll believe it when I see the wave of White people calling cops on Asians b/c they can't agree on something or b/c they feel like it.
You think it doesn't happen?
You'd better believe there are plenty of white people calling cops on Asians.

I remember hearing about a white neighbor calling the cops on an asian neighbor because whitey didn't like the smell of the Asian cooking fumes.

Whitey could have just closed his/her window, but no, cops had to be called, and it's probably standard procedure for cops to come out to the location to settle even petty disputes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies