Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
The customer and the waitress speaking Spanish were friends. Not worth getting triggered over like the child in the video.

I didn't even watch the video to be honest with you, I don't need to watch it to know the guy is an asshat. Complaints should of been directed to the manager/owner. If it were my place I would of explained to him it's the policy of this establishment that all employees speak English unless it's to the benefit of the customer and if you don't like it there is the door.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:41 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Obviously it's up to the business owner but any employee I had would be required to speak English at all times unless it was for the benefit of the customer.

Where my wife used to work the employees were required to speak English unless they were on their breaks or lunches and a memo on the bulletin board was placed denoting it. The Spanish speaking employees ripped it off and threw into the trash. Just another sign that they think they are above any laws or rules. Obviously there was no such rule at the sandwich shop or if there was they just ignored it.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:42 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,350,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where my wife used to work the employees were required to speak English unless they were on their breaks or lunches and a memo on the bulletin board was placed denoting it. The Spanish speaking employees ripped it off and threw into the trash. Just another sign that they think they are above any laws or rules.
I like those employees. The manager who posted that extreme idiocy should have been fired.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,184,660 times
So many things wrong with this situation.

A. The man is clearly racist.
B. He assumes they're on welfare.
C. He claims it's HIS country.
D. He lives in the American city most visited by foreigners. Does he not want tourists in NYC anymore? They could be visiting from Spain for all he knows.
E. Along with D., I hope he never visits a foreign country without being fluent in the native language.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Stories like this help restore my faith in mankind:

"Someone crowdfunded a mariachi band, piñatas, and a taco truck to show up outside Schlossberg's offices at a time to be determined."

https://www.gofundme.com/Mariachisforaaron

Old 05-17-2018, 08:56 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anti-"immigrant"? Trump isn't anti-immigrant he's anti-illegal alien. Learn to know the difference! Telling the truth about their negative impact on our society is neither hateful or bigoted.
You must have been asleep when he tried banning even people with valid visas. Even green card holders got detained for hours while the White House decided whether or not to ban them, too.

Trump is absolutely anti-immigrant. He does have a soft spot for mail order brides and Romanian hotel workers though.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
When in a social setting and people start talking foreign, it is human nature for those that cannot understand, to jump to many conclusions why the code talk.....
People with low self esteem, will go to that dark area and immediately think they are being talked about.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You must have been asleep when he tried banning even people with valid visas. Even green card holders got detained for hours while the White House decided whether or not to ban them, too.

Trump is absolutely anti-immigrant. He does have a soft spot for mail order brides and Romanian hotel workers though.

Trump is in charge of the nations security. If you didn't notice, the USA is in deep with a Holy War.
Sure beats Japanese Endearment Camps. The security of me, my family and my property, deserve more attention than anyones non-American's feelings.

You want cheaper healthcare? Import more doctors, instead of those needing free doctors.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 AM

13,652 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Gotta say, if you live in New York, you are going to hear Spanish spoken all over the place.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:15 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump is in charge of the nations security. If you didn't notice, the USA is in deep with a Holy War.
Sure beats Japanese Endearment Camps. The security of me, my family and my property, deserve more attention than anyones non-American's feelings.

You want cheaper healthcare? Import more doctors, instead of those needing free doctors.
Is Melania not receiving free medical care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies