Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 12:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Weirdo.

I was expecting this to be in some rural area in the middle of the country but it went down in Manhattan.

The loons are everywhere.
It surprises you that the New York City area has open racism? lol Look at all the different ethnic groups there. Has to be the most racist city per square inch. Tons of people who live on top of each other like animals. Of course there is going to be more racism.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:35 PM

62,996 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I am of the stance that after you have moved into country whose native language is not your own, get as fluent with one of those languages as soon as possible. If possible, try to learn some of that language before moving to that country. It is understandable time/money make it difficult to learn that language. However, if a person has lived in that country for several years (at least 3) and can barely speak that language, I think their priorities need to be changed a bit.

This is true but on the other hand there are those who learn English but refuse to speak it unless they have to so what's the difference really?

Old 05-17-2018, 01:55 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
FYI his web site

https://www.aaronschlossberglaw.com/Thank-You.shtml

Old 05-17-2018, 01:57 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Would you like to share your thoughts about how immigrants are diluting the white population in the US? How about the multiple times that you have whined about people speaking Spanish in public places and how offensive that is to you? I can post the quotes if you like, but maybe you will be honest for once and end the stupid games.

Your claims to not be anti-immigrant or anti-Latino are pure BS and we all know it.

Well said. Let's call it like it is.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:59 PM

125 posts, read 85,160 times
Quote:
I am of the stance that after you have moved into country whose native language is not your own, get as fluent with one of those languages as soon as possible. If possible, try to learn some of that language before moving to that country. It is understandable time/money make it difficult to learn that language. However, if a person has lived in that country for several years (at least 3) and can barely speak that language, I think their priorities need to be changed a bit.
Every city has free classes for ELL. Bigger cities have many resources, so money is not the issue.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:05 PM

62,996 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Wanting immigrants to assimilate into our society linguistically and every other way does not make one a racist, anti-immigrant or anti-Latino.

The reason we hear so much Spanish being spoken everywhere is directly due to massive illegal immigration from south of our border. It is neither natural nor lawful. Of course when you have massive illegal immigration it will dilute the demographics and culture of any country. Why is objecting to that supposedly being racist?

Remember we are speaking of illegal immigration not legal immigration. I'm all for diversity in our legal immigration numbers also so that colonization doesn't occur rather than assimilation. Colonization is in direct contrast to assimilation and the melting pot. Not a damned thing I have said above is racist!

Old 05-17-2018, 02:05 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Well, some folks DO know the language and many others. Does being bilingual or multilingual ring a bell? And maybe a conversation is a private matter, and none of anyone else's business.

If you like I can tell you to MYOB in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Spanish.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:07 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This is true but on the other hand there are those who learn English but refuse to speak it unless they have to so what's the difference really?
Again, for the umpteenth time, what other people speak between themselves in a private conversation is none of your ******** business

Old 05-17-2018, 02:14 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,721,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
From the site:

"Call to Schedule a Consultation
xxx-xxx-xxxx
Español, Français, 中文, עִברִית"

As if there wasn't enough proof this guy was a clown.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:20 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,350,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wanting immigrants to assimilate into our society linguistically and every other way does not make one a racist, anti-immigrant or anti-Latino.
But castigating them for speaking different languages likely does make you a racist and anti-immigrant.

Someone can speak 1,000 languages yet integrate successfully. Someone else can speak 0 languages yet integrate terribly. Number of languages spoken has nothing to do with societal integration.

Long story short - if you are personally offended by hearing languages other than English, the problem is you. Wear earplugs if you cannot bear the sounds of non-English communication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies