Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 11:58 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Why would we need to? We've already renegotiated our trade deals with China & South Korea, with Japan likely to follow soon. Those guys are like Trump. They're smart businessmen. Justin's not.
For now, Canada is looking at imposing tariffs on 16 billion dollars of USA product starting July 1, 2018. That's two and a half weeks from now. Mexico and the EU will follow.

I'm not sure what your point is about Asian markets, but without the Western markets the USA is screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 11:59 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
And then there is China. Who makes everything the US doesn't. Just sitting there watching and listening.

Ready to replace the US as the world leader.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
It comes from the building & construction mindset.

Never lost money on a job I didn't do.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:03 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
And then there is China. Who makes everything the US doesn't. Just sitting there watching and listening.

China needs us more than we need them. If we stop buying their cr@p their whole economy will collapse.

Mexico and Canada consumers can't replace the U.S......good luck with that.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:05 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
So Canada puts a 270% tariff on our dairy and farmers and Trump is supposed to act like everything is good with Canada? LOL

This is why I voted for Trump, to deal with NAFTA and the other trade deals that screwed our working class while Bill Clinton, W Bush and Obama for 24 years didn't do cr@p and sold this country out.

Trump is pissing off the globalists and the swamp. You have John Mccain on his deathbed going off on Trump. Even in his deathbed, the globalists give Mccain orders and he follows. What a sad old man. He sold his soul when he got to Washington.
Canada and much of the EU have a supply and demand balance in dairy, and other fields. Canada needs more milk than in produces, $500 million worth of milk. If Canada does not protect the small dairy industry, the USA will invade and put all dairy farmers out of business. Canadians want to build their dairy industry, not destroy it.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:06 AM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post

That’s what really worries me. I don’t want my country, Canada, to be pushed in that direction.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:07 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
I cannot believe that Trump supporters are so indoctrinated now that Trump can turn 35% of the country against Canada. There is absolutely no reason for Trump to have behaved like an angry twelve year old. I'm guessing he will try to be extra nice to Kim Jung Un because he knows he made a complete fool of himself here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
That’s what really worries me. I don’t want my country, Canada, to be pushed in that direction.
Hopefully Canada knows not all of us agree with this or with Trump.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:08 AM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Umm they need us more than we need them. We are the worlds number 1 economy. Our country is relevant. Trump will win this one again. MAGA!!
Nope, trump will figure out that he needs our allies more then they need him. They are in unison and have no problem leaving trump out. He’s not the maverick who desperately wants to take that term away from McCain

Old 06-10-2018, 12:08 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Canada and much of the EU have a supply and demand balance in dairy, and other fields. Canada needs more milk than in produces, $500 million worth of milk. If Canada does not protect the small dairy industry, the USA will invade and put all dairy farmers out of business. Canadians want to build their dairy industry, not destroy it.

so much for free market......so if Trump wants to do the same thing for our farmers and workers then that's bad....Canada and Europe do it then that's good...got it!

Old 06-10-2018, 12:09 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
The fact is that in the coming months Trump will get better deals for America. These countries need us more than we need them. We are the worlds largest economy and all these countries want access to it. Its not a matter that all these countries will make concessions. Its just a matter of how many concessions they will eventually make. I love that photo of Merkel. She knows Trump has the upper hand. Nothing she can do about it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies