Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like Trump nefore he ran for office.
Yes, I liked him then and now. 42 18.67%
I liked him them but not now 10 4.44%
No I never liked him 148 65.78%
I didn't like him before but now I do. 25 11.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 06:45 PM

104 posts, read 176,961 times

Advertisements

I always thought he was an obnoxious, loud mouth, know it all, blow hard stereotypical New Yorker when he first became famous in the 1980's. I maybe watched 10 minutes of the Apprentice and saw that he was the same ass clown I always remembered him to be.

But during the Repub primaries and the debates I thought he was very entertaining. Calling the others Lil Marco, Lying Ted, Low Energy Jeb and Horse Face Fiorina was hilarious. I made sure to watch all the debates because you did not know how low below the belt he would go.

I never once thought he would actually become president. Now it seems we are all just pawns living in his reality TV world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 07:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
I had an on again/off again like relationship of Trump until he opened up his mouth. I didn't know much about his business failings until that point and about how big of a blowhard he really was. I put no for this reason.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:41 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Never liked him. Didn't vote for him. However, if a do-over of the 2016 presidential election were held today, I would vote for Trump over Clinton. The Democrat's post-election behavior has been unbelievably childish and hate filled. I've never seen a group as unashamedly racist, sexist, and hateful as the Dem's current "leadership". I wouldn't trust a Democrat to wash my car, much less run the country.
This must be a joke! The Trump party is probably what you meant to say?

Old 07-06-2018, 06:16 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
That was a troll statement. Had to be.

The president of the United States, Donald Trump, is currently being investigated by a Special Counsel appointed by the Department of Justice.

There's no way, with a straight face, a Trump supporter could look you in the eye and say the dems are dirty without also at least acknowledging that the republicans might be dirty, too. And when forced to actually acknowledge the facts, that is when they detach from reality and start talking "Deep State."

The scariest part about it: many low-IQ Trump voters don't just say "deep state" to deflect and delegitimize the Muller investigation, but many of them truly do believe that there is some sort of Deep State that is actively working against Trump. Yes, they're that gullible and impressionable.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:53 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
I grew up in the 90s so Trump was always in my cultural sphere. He gave me the "uh oh" feeling even as a kid. I was always intrigued by The Apprentice, but couldn't watch it because Trump made me so uncomfortable. Then the birther stuff happened and I felt fully vindicated in my complete dislike in this manchild.

I never understood why people think that the left hates Trump because of the presidency. Most of us were uncomfortable with him for DECADES.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Hillary was smart and qualified? Then why can't anybody remember what her campaign stood for?

I don't know why Hillary even ran for President. I don't think anybody really does.
Smart and qualified. As in educated, with a clear understanding of the office of President and what it entailed.

I really don’t think campaign rhetoric matters after the fact.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:09 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I grew up in the 90s so Trump was always in my cultural sphere. He gave me the "uh oh" feeling even as a kid. I was always intrigued by The Apprentice, but couldn't watch it because Trump made me so uncomfortable. Then the birther stuff happened and I felt fully vindicated in my complete dislike in this manchild.

I never understood why people think that the left hates Trump because of the presidency. Most of us were uncomfortable with him for DECADES.
I know. It’s as if they think we all loved him until he had the audacity to run for office. No, that has nothing to do with why I find him repellent.

I have ALWAYS found him repellent and his behavior since his campaign and first term began only reinforces my disgust with him.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:45 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,378,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Hillary was smart and qualified? Then why can't anybody remember what her campaign stood for?

I don't know why Hillary even ran for President. I don't think anybody really does.
Wasn’t part of her campaign “It’s her turn” ?

Old 07-06-2018, 11:49 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Smart and qualified. As in educated, with a clear understanding of the office of President and what it entailed.

I really don’t think campaign rhetoric matters after the fact.
Exactly.

Me? I dislike Hillary Clinton, and in general do not agree with her politics, and I voted for her.

It was obvious Trump was absolutely clueless, and all his money couldn't buy him one.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-06-2018, 01:42 PM

9,502 posts, read 4,336,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post

I rest my case. If you can't see how hate-filled the left has become, you're part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies