Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 12:33 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Come on. There were threads right here started by the alt-right who went on about violent riots erupting when a pick is announced.

The whole announcement went practically unnoticed, which tells me people are ok with the nomination. If there were widespread violent riots as predicted, then I would agree people are strictly opposed, but there is nothing going on except few politicians flapping their gums from both sides of the aisle, which is normal for any given day.
Is that your standard for how strong the opposition is to the pick ? No rioting. You care a lot more about alt-right predictions than I do.

The NAACP position is typical of the type of opposition expressed by Panned Parenthood, the AF-CIO, the Human Rights Campaign, and many others:

"Brett Kavanaugh is a dangerous ideologue whose extreme views on civil rights would solidify a far right majority on the Supreme Court. Coming after Neil Gorsuch’s appointment, a Kavanaugh confirmation would re-make the Court in President Trump’s own image. This prospect is unacceptable to the American people, and the NAACP is ready to lead the fight of a generation."

https://www.commondreams.org/newswir...-supreme-court

“This nominee was hand-picked by anti-LGBTQ, anti-choice groups in an explicit effort to undermine equality — and the prospect of a Justice Kavanaugh threatens to erode our nation’s civil rights laws, block transgender troops from bravely serving this nation and allow a license to discriminate against LGBTQ people in every aspect of American life. The 2018 midterm elections just became the most consequential elections of our lifetime, and we must seize the opportunity to pull the emergency brake on this regime. We need to vote this November like our lives depend on it — because they do.”

https://www.hrc.org/blog/hrc-opposes...rett-kavanaugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,021 times
Just hoping RBG bites the dust within the next year.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:22 PM

7,083 posts, read 8,960,962 times
I am no liberal but I am disappointed that we could be stuck with another religious nutter shoving his bizarre theology down everyone’s throats.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:28 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,688,370 times
There is no limit to the left's stupidity and self righteousness.

By assuring everyone they would protest loudly & violently no matter who Trump picked, they left the door wide open for Trump to pick anyone he wanted without consideration of the opposition.

The irony is delicious.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:43 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I am no liberal but I am disappointed that we could be stuck with another religious nutter shoving his bizarre theology down everyone’s throats.
Lol...is that what you folks are calling Catholics now?

Old 07-10-2018, 01:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Are you Amish?
Protestant.

Quote:
The rest of us have these things we call televisions, computers and newspapers. Now you may consider these to be witchcraft, but most of us get our news from them and there has been a considerable amount of coverage.
I got them too. The coverage, and the public reaction was practically a shrug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 07-10-2018, 01:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Having a Catholic in the mix should not hurt.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:48 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,095,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My apologizes...you are right, I read something else and attributed it to you...
All good, no worries.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:57 PM

78,543 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Is that your standard for how strong the opposition is to the pick ? No rioting. You care a lot more about alt-right predictions than I do.

The NAACP position is typical of the type of opposition expressed by Panned Parenthood, the AF-CIO, the Human Rights Campaign, and many others:

"Brett Kavanaugh is a dangerous ideologue whose extreme views on civil rights would solidify a far right majority on the Supreme Court. Coming after Neil Gorsuch’s appointment, a Kavanaugh confirmation would re-make the Court in President Trump’s own image. This prospect is unacceptable to the American people, and the NAACP is ready to lead the fight of a generation."

https://www.commondreams.org/newswir...-supreme-court

“This nominee was hand-picked by anti-LGBTQ, anti-choice groups in an explicit effort to undermine equality — and the prospect of a Justice Kavanaugh threatens to erode our nation’s civil rights laws, block transgender troops from bravely serving this nation and allow a license to discriminate against LGBTQ people in every aspect of American life. The 2018 midterm elections just became the most consequential elections of our lifetime, and we must seize the opportunity to pull the emergency brake on this regime. We need to vote this November like our lives depend on it — because they do.”

https://www.hrc.org/blog/hrc-opposes...rett-kavanaugh
What do you expect from the fringe far left? Same thing the fringe right would do if it were Hillary nominating the same dang guy lol.

You can literally hear their pleas for donations in those statements with crazed hyperbole like fight for our lives lol.

They're just milking the biggest idiots in the flock.

Gotta agree with Finn on this one...it's a pretty solid pick and other than the fringe it's one giant shrug.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:04 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,255,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Just hoping RBG bites the dust within the next year.
Right after the mid term elections. It would be a nice Christmas gift. That would give us a year to get someone in her place before the 2020 primaries.

2 down, 1 or 2 more to go for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies