Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 09:47 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You obviously don't get it. Impeachment and being prosecuted in lawsuits are two very different things but don't let little things like facts get in the way of your talking points.
You obviously don't get it. Mueller has already threatened Trump with a subpoena if he refuses to interview. With a hand-picked judge, Trump's legal team can run to the Sup Court and get a 5-4 decision to block a subpoena (the legality of which has never been determined).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's a valid question, and one which I would like to hear the answer to. I would think others might be interested in that response as well.

I keep reading about all this supposed "hysteria" on the left, but I'm not seeing any of it. I think we're getting some projection from the cult, as this pick is not what they were hoping for.
Well I think it's a great pic. I'm conservative but not a bible thumper. When you see the far right religious fanatics and far left loonies both having a hissy fit, it must be a solid choice.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:00 AM

1,991 posts, read 901,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
"Conservative" judges are just what you described, committed to interpret the law and not allowing their personal biases on what they would like the law to be to interfere with their judgments.

"Leftist" judges are committed to advocating for the political platforms and preferences preferred by the "Politically correct" left. In fact, they regard the US Constitution as an anachronism that needs to be overruled and re-imagined by "wise latinas" and the like.
Hilarious. The first time Kavanaugh sides with a decision you don't like (and he will eventually), all your "he strictly interprets the Constitution" arguments will go out the window. You'll be screaming on here like a stuck pig.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:02 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
It's a valid question, and one which I would like to hear the answer to. I would think others might be interested in that response as well.

I keep reading about all this supposed "hysteria" on the left, but I'm not seeing any of it. I think we're getting some projection from the cult, as this pick is not what they were hoping for.
LOL democrat underground forum has been in full meltdown mode since Kennedy announced he was going to retire.
That place has become a salt mine. Lots of good meme material there...

If you think Alex Jones is bad... LOL you haven't seen or heard anything yet...

Old 07-10-2018, 10:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Quote:
Bingo. I watched a clip from Fox News early this morning on Twitter, some conservatives weren't happy. There were more conservative people to choose from in Trump's final four.

I don't know how many times you have to tell Trump supporters that Trump picked Kavanaugh to protect himself, which is why he chose the judge that doesn't best represent The Heritage Foundation's wants.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:07 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Kavanaugh is a flip-flop judge. Worked on the Clinton impeachment and it was all okay with him then.
Now he says presidents should be largely immune from indictments, subpoenas and lawsuits.
Which is it?

Key question during confirmation hearings: "Mr. Kavanaugh, do you believe the president is above the law or not?"
That's actually a stupid question. Who is going to say "Yes indeed, Presidents are above the law", LOL. He'll then give a lengthy explanation which few people will be able to understand how he views the relationship between Presidential powers and laws prosecuting a President.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Well I think it's a great pic. I'm conservative but not a bible thumper. When you see the far right religious fanatics and far left loonies both having a hissy fit, it must be a solid choice.
My preliminary view is he seems moderate right and that's good, I'll need to know more. While researching I'll keep in mind that one side wants to sell him to me and the other side wants me to hate him and have a melt down.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Bingo. I watched a clip from Fox News early this morning on Twitter, some conservatives weren't happy. There were more conservative people to choose from in Trump's final four.

I don't know how many times you have to tell Trump supporters that Trump picked Kavanaugh to protect himself, which is why he chose the judge that doesn't best represent The Heritage Foundation's wants.
Will you leftist screaming meme's ever stop? Hillary legitimately lost, we were not into her, knowing her long history of corruption and arrogance toward the law, I never was into her, get over it.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
My preliminary view is he seems moderate right and that's good, I'll need to know more. While researching I'll keep in mind that one side wants to sell him to me and the other side wants me to hate him and have a melt down.
From what I have read and heard, Dems are not too opposed to him, some might even try to sell him. Some conservatives are cautious, while Trump supporters say they love it, but that is simply because feel compelled to say it in order to show support.

I think he will cruise through the process and be seated in no time.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:17 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Kavanaugh was picked by Trump soley because he believes presidents should be immune to supoenas, lawsuits and indictments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies