Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 06:50 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
There are quite a few populist republicans that are disappointed with this pick. Kavanaugh is an "inside the beltway" guy and more of an establishment republican than a "far right conservative" like many Trump supporters are.

Trump picked the judge who is soft on abortion in order to get the guy that might protect him from being prosecuted and protect him from Bob Mueller.

https://twitter.com/RayOfLaurel/stat...87455262957570
This is the only thing that bothers me about him. I thought he was such an originalist. Where does the Constitution say that a president is above the law? Impeachment is a mechanism to remove someone from office, but does not void all criminal or civil actions against a person. Why, because it would be a "distraction"? Oh, boo-hoo! He didn't seem to worry about distracting Bill Clinton when he was investigating him under Kenneth Starr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 06:55 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You tell me. You are the one complaining about someone stating the fact that the guy is white. No, they didn't say it is a bad thing, you inserted that into their mouths. The alt-right overplayed the "violent riots " card. It didn't happen, and now you are reduced to complaining about someone saying he is a white man. Yes, he is white. So what?
They were complaining about it. The headline said something like, 107 white men and only 6 minorities or women. And then they went on to complain that Trump picked another white man instead of someone more “diverse”. So, in their minds, it is a bad thing, just as I said.

And in my mind, it is a bad thing that race and sex are a litmus test for CNN.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:59 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,060,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Brett Kavanaugh it is.

Let the Dem hysteria begin.
Their hysteria began as soon as Trump threw his hat in the ring and then reached full force when he became our President and they couldn't deal with their hero Hilary losing and they're still pouting over it.

Many dems are fearful of another conservative in the Supreme Court because they may not be able to get all the abortions they want and may have to resort to birth control methods.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:02 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,831,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The 53-year-old Kavanaugh is a longtime fixture of the Republican establishment. He has been a judge on the federal appeals court in Washington since 2006. He also was a key aide to Kenneth Starr during the investigation of President Bill Clinton. Kavanaugh also worked in the White House during George W. Bush’s presidency.

LOL, I know nothing about him but an establishment guy that worked for Bush? LOL, the "right" are the ones who should be upset.
Especially considering that the GOP pretty much washed their hands of Bush the moment he left office.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:04 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,831,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hilarious. Another Catholic East Coast upper crust establishment guy that’s an Ivy League Alum!

And Republicans are ALWAYS complaining about those types...yet they keep the streak going.

Anyway, I see no good reason not to have a swift confirmation of the guy. He’s legit.
Agreed.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:09 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
"he will repeal roe".

"he will repeal aca".

according to chuck schumer in his public statement about Kavanaugh.

I assume Pelosi will say today that Kavanaugh will cause millions of deaths and will cause Armageddon.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:12 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"he will repeal roe".

"he will repeal aca".

according to chuck schumer.

I assume Pelosi will say today that Kavanaugh will cause millions of deaths and this pick is Armageddon.
Pelosi can't say squat about being Catholic and being pro or anti abortion. She's Catholic and one of the biggest pro abortion advocates ever to be in Congress.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:13 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"he will repeal roe".

"he will repeal aca".

according to chuck schumer in his public statement about Kavanaugh.

I assume Pelosi will say today that Kavanaugh will cause millions of deaths and will cause Armageddon.
Crying Chuck Schumer , who is his acting coach ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiLmWNMxLk

Old 07-10-2018, 07:14 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Pelosi can't say squat about being Catholic and being pro or anti abortion. She's Catholic and one of the biggest pro abortion advocates ever to be in Congress.
At least she recognizes the separation of church and state.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:15 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
At least she recognizes the separation of church and state.
As most Catholics do unlike some others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies