Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 03:58 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There are tyranny-oriented people on both sides of the "Big Two" we have here in the US. Regardless of which side the tyranny comes from, it is just as toxic in my view.
So, I didn't have to ask a conservative, did I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 04:08 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
And as far as I'm concerned, someone who flies a confederate flag is less of a threat to what America is supposed to stand for than you.
Wouldn't it be supremely ironic if at some point that flag came to symbolize those who wanted to restore the US to a constitutional republic, non-welfare state, with a castrated federal government? (all as originally intended)

Use the flag of anti-union confederate rebels to restore the union to what it was prior to about 1930 (or thereabouts)? "Constitutional Rebels"???

I can already imagine the hospital emergency rooms being flooded by liberals seeking medical care for their irregular heartbeats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
So, I didn't have to ask a conservative, did I?
No, you can get anyone's opinion. Opinions are a dime a dozen.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:13 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Why in the world would the flag of traitors who fought to tear this nation apart symbolize restoring the nation to what the founders intended?

Guess that makes about as much sense as anything else these days.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:20 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I only go by natural law.

I don't believe in mysticism (the State).

A man with the cognitive ability to recognize that another human had mixed their labor to produce something took that item without permission of the rightful owner.

Theft.
If the rightful owner is practicing NA is it still consider theft?

Old 08-01-2018, 04:20 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why in the world would the flag of traitors who fought to tear this nation apart symbolize restoring the nation to what the founders intended?

That was kinda the point. Although, there are a fair number of hyper-patriotic people who actually DO identify with that flag. And, yes, they are balls-to-the-wall United States "patriot" types.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:28 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:

Why in the world would the flag of genocidal maniacs who fought to eradicate the Native Americans symbolize restoring this nation to what the founders intended?

Old 08-01-2018, 04:48 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
There are too many posts to read through the entire thread.
Was the confederate flag placed there by the new owners of the business? If so, the guy removing it should be charged.
If the person who placed the confederate flag there removed an existing flag and is not the owner of the business, nor was not instructed by the owner to do so,he too should be charged.
If the owner decides to fly the confederate flag there it is his business in more ways than one. If there is a town ordinance, owner will have to abide by it or go to the board for permission. Anyone not wanting to patronize the business doesn't have to.
The business was shuttered and put up for public auction, there is no current deed recorded, so the owner is unknown and/or MIA. So it's not likely s/he placed the flag there.

A neighbor who believes the pole is actually physically on her property has said she is "annoyed" with the flag.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:50 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:

The States had never surrendered their sovereignty it was neither stated or implied by the u.s. Constitution, which was the founders intent. The founders intent, 'self-governed states'. The nature of the union was to reserve powers to the States. Those who are called traitors fought to have the u.s. Constitution applied as written.

And no it does not make sense to hold people accountable for the promises they make, unless you have the power to do so.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:51 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Flags have meaning. If they didn't, no one would have a flag of any sort.

And, apparently, the confederate lover broke the law by taking down the American flag that WAS there and putting up that shameful disgrace of cloth.

The ex-Marine in New Jersey was just righting a wrong.
There's no such thing as an ex-Marine. I know different flags have different meanings to different people, I just don't understand how the OP let a story about a flag that means nothing to him tear him up this bad. He said he was about to cry, what kind of ***** cries over a flag that means nothing to them?

Old 08-01-2018, 04:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Used to be that punching Nazis in their stupid mouth was considered manly. Ah well...
The OP ain't punching anyone in the mouth over a flag or anything else for that matter, he's over here thinking about crying because a real man stepped up and did what he only dreamed he could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies