Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 07:11 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,946,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
While this judge might be cast as a "liberal"
Consider what charges these people are facing--
I think it is just "child abuse"
The prosecutor's office didn't charge them with murder of the body of the child found on the site--
Likely because there is not enough evidence initially to show murder is the cause of death--
Have to do forensic autopsy/investigation to have enough to bring those charges

And they weren't charged with anything approaching terrorist charges---
Even if EVERYONE might think that is what they were planning--even the judge

The Judge has to follow the bail policies based on how they are CHARGED
If that means w/no prior history of being charged or convicted of child abuse or other felonies they are technically "clean" first-time offenders--
Then SHE cannot do much else but release them like she did

It is the burden/responsibility of LEOs involved--the local sheriff's office, the FBI, any state police in cooperation with the local prosecutor's office--to bring charges that mean stronger detention and bail policies
If you really want to blame the responsible parties--then blame them
You can't blame the judge (even if you want to) if the JUDGE followed the law...
You want a judge who does that if you come to court--
We all should want a judge who does that for the safety/benefit of the judicial system at large...

This. The people criticizing from afar do not know the specific facts that were presented to the judge, the bail guidelines for the charges presented, the criminal records (or lack thereof) of the charged. Easy to criticize when you don't know what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 07:30 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm sure, the FBI knows of many of these, maybe not all of them, but many....

When 911 happened, my girlfriends son was working on Homeland Security and she is the one who told me these camps were here right in the U.S.

She also called me, right after 911 happened, and told me to turn on FOX news, as they were showing Muslims dancing for joy on the roof tops of buildings, there was a helicopter flying over and taking live photos...but you can't find them any longer on the internet...it was all taken down.
I believe it. I was watching one of the late news channels and seen an Arab cab driver sitting on the hood of his car in NYC, telling the news reporter that he wished more had died. To this day, I cannot find find that footage. And in fact, youtube is taking down as many Loose Change videos that they can, just like they are taking down Sandy Hook conspiracy videos. I wonder what they are so afraid of. We have tons of flat Earth and the Holocaust was fake conspiracy videos, but 9/11 and Sandyhook questioners are being silenced. What are they trying to hide??????

Old 08-17-2018, 07:38 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
This. The people criticizing from afar do not know the specific facts that were presented to the judge, the bail guidelines for the charges presented, the criminal records (or lack thereof) of the charged. Easy to criticize when you don't know what is going on.
LOL. You do know judges work closely with LEO, district attorneys and political sponsors behind closed doors to achieve outcomes that all these particular parties will be happy with? Why do you think the judges overturn jury cases all of the time, much to the dismay of the public? And there has been quite an extensive history of judges, LEO and attorneys being indicted for corruption, that span the globe and not just the USA.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:52 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

They should have been thrown in jail without any chance of getting out....

this is what's wrong with our country.
News flash, cremebrulee: we have a principal that a person is innocent until proven guilty. That's what's right about our country. You can't just "throw them in jail with no chance to get out" until they have had a proper trial and been convicted. THEN you can do what you suggest.

Now, given the seriousness of the charges, I would have thought these people would have been held or had a very high bail. But I'm not going to second-guess the judge, because I don't know all the details. The main consideration is how high is the probability that they will flee and not show up in court. I guess the judge felt that ankle bracelets were enough to ensure that.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:56 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Where’s David Hogg?

Old 08-17-2018, 07:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
News flash, cremebrulee: we have a principal that a person is innocent until proven guilty. That's what's right about our country. You can't just "throw them in jail with no chance to get out" until they have had a proper trial and been convicted. THEN you can do what you suggest.

Now, given the seriousness of the charges, I would have thought these people would have been held or had a very high bail. But I'm not going to second-guess the judge, because I don't know all the details. The main consideration is how high is the probability that they will flee and not show up in court. I guess the judge felt that ankle bracelets were enough to ensure that.
None of them has been released. While the bail may seem low, it was evidently high enough to keep them locked up.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I saw this earlier on the news. This judge IS just as disgusting as that crap judge who let Brock Turner go with a simple warning. But, this is a far more serious crime. These people are terrorist and should be treated as such. I think a look into this judges financial records is in order. Who knows, but she might be getting kick backs from ISIS or other similar terrorist organizations.

I mean, where is the liberal outrage on these children????????
Sounds like you should have prosecuted the case.
You seem to have much more info than the local authorities.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:21 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

I know that....however, speaking with emotion and a whole lot of anger (and i know I shouldn't)....I really don't care to be logical when a dead boy that they reported missing was found on the property they were living on. Plus they were training other boys to shoot up schools....it's only natural to want them thrown in jail...but totally get what your saying.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:00 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies