Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 05:29 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wait a minute! How can anyone tell if some is here illegally just by looking at them? Isn't that stereotyping? Are you unaware how many millions of Hispanics we have here legally or are legal immigrants? White neighbors? What difference does it make what party anyone is affiliated with or what their race or skin color is? I suggest you stop thinking that only white Republicans hire illegal aliens as you couldn't be more wrong.
I'm saying at first glance of a prospective employee this mestizo apparently doesn't speak English, likely has lacking or questionable documents and doesn't appear at all like a native born or legal immigrant Hispanic. He fits the profile of a low educated latin American peasant here illegally as much as the rest of the illegals this farm owner hires. Yes I profile.

It doesn't matter to me what his race and political party is that's why I am condemning him despite being white and Republican just as I am. I never said only white Republicans hire illegal aliens. Your strawman against normally a fellow ally are odd. I assume you are virtuing that race and national origin don't matter but I believe it does and I won't ever back down from saying it does matter. But I will condemn this white farm owner especially for sticking it to white communities like this. I don't expect favor from other ethnics but white business owners facilitating illegal immigration into their communites will get extra condemnation from me. The white people, Democrats and some Republicans sticking it to the rest of white Americans is why we have the immigration problem and why it never gets fixed in the first place,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 05:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...12-16-09_2.pdf

54% of illegal workers are incorrectly vetted by e-verify as legally eligible to work in the US.
You keep quoting outdated info as well as show a misunderstanding of what you have read.

Here:

Quote:
only an estimated 3.3 percent of all workers screened by E-Verify were incorrectly told they were work authorized.
How accurate is E-Verify? Cont. | Homeland Security Newswire

Old 08-24-2018, 05:34 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
In these small white and formerly white American farming communities, there can't be a lot of job opportunities but the ones that there are the businesses fill the positions with illegals. So the white and other citizens go without or leave their homeplace. If you stay you have to put up with the incompatibility and unpleasantry of foreigners and sometimes crime like this while they take opportunities away from the community. Talk about sticking it to the citizens. The trafficking of foreigners and illegals into the community is a similar situation to the slave trade. Except slavery wasn't as lucrative as employing the illegals and slaves weren't being as subsidized by tax payers and in a position to chase down and violently murder citizens or annoy them in every other way under the sun.

I suggest you knock of the "white farmers" bit as you are implying that only white conservatives have farms and hire illegal aliens and that's pure nonsense! How about all the other jobs where both Republicans and Democrats hire illegal aliens?

We need to crack down on any employers who hire illegal aliens and the illegal aliens themselves. No one dragged them over the border to work here with fake or stolen documents. The employers and the illegal aliens are equally guilty of breaking the law.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:34 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Read my post. It is factual and up to date. You do not understand your figures from a study almost ten years ago.
I've quoted exactly from the study. Is it your contention that they don't understand their own work?

And since e-verify STILL does not have a database that includes a unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., for every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker, it STILL cannot accurately detect identity fraud/theft.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
E-verify is only mandated for government jobs.
Not mandated for those other jobs....wink, wink from employers to politicians

Old 08-24-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I've quoted exactly from the study. Is it your contention that they don't understand their own work?

And since e-verify STILL does not have a database that includes a unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., for every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker, it STILL cannot accurately detect identity fraud/theft.

Just wondering, do you still have a console tv with a record player that skips?

Old 08-24-2018, 05:39 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You keep quoting outdated info as well as show a misunderstanding of what you have read.

Here:
Quote:
only an estimated 3.3 percent of all workers screened by E-Verify were incorrectly told they were work authorized.
Here's where the report clearly explains you're wrong...
Quote:
"As seen in Exhibit 2, approximately 3.3 percent of all E-Verify findings are for unauthorized workers incorrectly found employment authorized and 2.9 percent of all findings are for unauthorized workers correctly not found employment authorized. Thus, almost half of all unauthorized workers are correctly not found to be employment authorized (2.9/6.2) and just over half are found to be employment authorized (3.3/6.2). Consequently, the inaccuracy rate for unauthorized workers is estimated to be approximately 54 percent with a plausible range of 37 percent to 64 percent. This finding is not surprising, given that since the inception of E-Verify it has been clear that many unauthorized workers obtain employment by committing identity fraud that cannot be detected by E-Verify"
Apparently, dividing 3.3 by 6.2 is too hard for you. Probably not your fault... a lot of people suck at math.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
So... Don't hire people who look Hispanic or have a Hispanic name? Since neither employers nor e-verify can accurately detect identity fraud/theft, that's really all that can be done.
How about not hiring a mestizo who can't speak English yet claims citizenship or legal residence? This farm owner knows he hires illegals.

I do agree that liberals have set up the system so it's harder to not hire illegals. You should be able to not hire mestizos if there is any doubts about their status but liberals would be after you for that. I find it very hypocritical for liberals to blame the farmer, not that he doesn't deserve it. Liberals want illegals here and they have no one to blame for this tragedy but themselves.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:45 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm saying at first glance of a prospective employee this mestizo apparently doesn't speak English, likely has lacking or questionable documents and doesn't appear at all like a native born or legal immigrant Hispanic. He fits the profile of a low educated latin American peasant here illegally as much as the rest of the illegals this farm owner hires. Yes I profile.

It doesn't matter to me what his race and political party is that's why I am condemning him despite being white and Republican just as I am. I never said only white Republicans hire illegal aliens. Your strawman against normally a fellow ally are odd. I assume you are virtuing that race and national origin don't matter but I believe it does and I won't ever back down from saying it does matter. But I will condemn this white farm owner especially for sticking it to white communities like this. I don't expect favor from other ethnics but white business owners facilitating illegal immigration into their communites will get extra condemnation from me. The white people, Democrats and some Republicans sticking it to the rest of white Americans is why we have the immigration problem and why it never gets fixed in the first place,

You profile Hispanics? Wow, where are all the bleeding heart liberals and ethnocentrics in this forum to jump all over you for doing that? Crickets........

No, your condemning this farmer along with conveniently mentioning his race and party affiliation which isn't necessary except it fits your anti-white conservative agenda. You fool no one! It wasn't necessary at all why would it be unless you are implying that no white Democrats hire illegal aliens?

Old 08-24-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Here's where the report clearly explains you're wrong...

Apparently, dividing 3.3 by 6.2 is too hard for you. Probably not your fault... a lot of people suck at math.

So then what is 54% of 3.3 percent?

Quote:
93.8 percent of workers screened by E-Verify were authorized for employment—and the system instantly and accurately confirmed more than 99 percent of these eligible workers.

The remaining 6.2 percent were not eligible for employment. Out of this estimated 6.2 percent, approximately half were told they are work authorized when they were not—just 3.3 percent of the overall population screened by E-Verify.

To be clear, this means that only an estimated 3.3 percent of all workers screened by E-Verify were incorrectly told they were work authorized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies