Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 08:55 PM

62,992 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If white people and Republicans are wiling to flood communities with illegals, then is it any wonder the problem is never stopped? I realize he's sticking it to all Americans but this community like many were very white and nice until a-holes like this business owner decided to provide illegals jobs. And let me tell you they're not all working on a farm. They're flooding our cities.

And you keep saying just use farm visas. That's not going to solve the problems. We have 12 million illegals in this country and probably 30 million and supposedly we need to give out more visas to have farm workers? They never leave and they just multiply.

Why do you keep claiming that it's white Republicans who want to flood our communities with illegals? Where's your proof of that? Most white Republicans that I know are opposed to illegal immigration.

What I'm saying is that in the farming industry there is no need to hire illegal aliens because of those visas. I am well aware that most illegals have taken jobs that Americans have done for a fair wage before our border was flooded with cheap, illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 08:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please provide a link that it's mostly whites hiring illegal aliens. Quit stereotyping white Americans in that way without any proof.
Are you disputing that majority of the businesses aren't still owned by whites? Most of the businesses that get raided for hiring illegals have white owners as far as I can tell. You can quibble over most or majority, but white Americans are hiring these illegals and I don't see any reason to defend them. The town where Mollie lived and many others were approaching 100% white up till a few years ago, and white business owners started hiring illegals and the illegals just keep pouring in.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Why do you keep claiming that it's white Republicans who want to flood our communities with illegals? Where's your proof of that? Most white Republicans that I know are opposed to illegal immigration.

What I'm saying is that in the farming industry there is no need to hire illegal aliens because of those visas. I am well aware that most illegals have taken jobs that Americans have done for a fair wage before our border was flooded with cheap, illegal aliens.
Why do keep claiming that some white Republicans don't want to flood are communities with illegals? They hire them and some of them even admit it whether it is Lindsay Graham and the Kochs. Why be so partisan? We are being conned by both parties on immigration. Why do you keep claiming I'm only blaming Republicans and whites? I'm tired of the immigration con games.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:11 PM

62,992 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Check out the facebook site of Iris Monarrez who has Mollie as a friend. She also has a photo with "Christian Rivera" tagged (father of her baby). Christian Rivera has his own facebook page with photos and his real name going back for years. Seems the only person who didn't know Christian Rivera by his real name was that farmer who employed him.
Well if he provided documents with his phony name on them to get hired how were they to know that he was on Facebook using his real name? I'm not defending the employer just saying we don't know all the facts yet. You on the other hand have the farmer convicted already.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Well if he provided documents with his phony name on them to get hired how were they to know that he was on Facebook using his real name? I'm not defending the employer just saying we don't know all the facts yet. You on the other hand have the farmer convicted already.
Appears on Facebook that many in that small community knew him by his real name. His Facebook page is full of pictures of himself so no mistake who he is. In other words, he made no attempt to hide his identity or use a fake name. Check out Christian Bahena Rivera on Facebook and you will see for yourself.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Appears on Facebook that many in that small community knew him by his real name. His Facebook page is full of pictures of himself so no mistake who he is. In other words, he made no attempt to hide his identity or use a fake name. Check out Christian Bahena Rivera on Facebook and you will see for yourself.
Probably virtually all the Hispanics in that town are illegals. This farmer most likely suspected or knew this creep was an illegal and most of his workers. It seems pretty obvious they weren't born here or have legal status. The illegals in this town should all be rounded up but what do you want to bet none of that happens. We can't deprive farmers of their cheap desperate workers, can't profile, can't deport. Sick of having to live among foreigners and illegals and no one wants to do anything about it.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:36 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Which is basically what happens millions of times around this country.
Yep. So much so that e-verify fails to catch 54% of all illegal workers vetted through its system. Why? Identity fraud/theft. E-verify cannot accurately detect identity fraud/theft without a database that has a unique biometric identifier from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary worker. E-verify has no such database, hence the very high percentage of inaccuracy.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. So much so that e-verify fails to catch 54% of all illegal workers vetted through its system. Why? Identity fraud/theft. E-verify cannot accurately detect identity fraud/theft without a database that has a unique biometric identifier from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary worker. E-verify has no such database, hence the very high percentage of inaccuracy.
There have been changes made to e-verify since that report was made.

We'll never know if e-verify would have worked in this case because they didn't use E-verify...they used 'some other system'.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:01 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There have been changes made to e-verify since that report was made.
Not enough. The e-verify system still does not have a database that includes a unique biometric identifier from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary worker. Therefore, it still cannot accurately detect identity theft/fraud.
Quote:
We'll never know if e-verify would have worked in this case because they didn't use E-verify...they used 'some other system'.
The SSN Verification Service:

https://www.ssa.gov/employer/ssnv.htm

Old 08-25-2018, 05:04 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Border jumping can be a crime but is virtually never treated as such. Virtually all such are treated as an administrative violations not crimes. And for those who have been here over a decade proving criminal entry would be virtually impossible.

So generally border jumping is not a crime.

Being against murderers is certainly a rational view. But being only against illegal alien murderers would not be.
"Border jumping can be a crime"

WRONG AGAIN. It IS a CRIME!

"The illegal entry of non-nationals into the United States is a misdemeanor according to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which prohibits non-nationals from entering or attempting to enter the United States at any time or place which has not been designated by an immigration officer, and also prohibits non-nationals from eluding inspection by immigration officers"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_entry

"but is virtually never treated as such."

And that is EXACTLY what we are trying to change.

" And for those who have been here over a decade proving criminal entry would be virtually impossible."

Where do you come up with this junk?

"So generally border jumping is not a crime."

"But being only against illegal alien murderers would not be"

More B.S. WHO has said we do NOT want to be AGAINST ALL murders?

Your "rational thinking" is NOT working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies