Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 12:11 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,080,980 times

Advertisements

When typing in bold and all caps, it is a good sign someone has a need to walk away. Way to much angst for something that still has at least two more years to run. Starr + 4 years + Whitewater. Oh, almost forgot; +3 years for a very young Ms Lewinsky's dalliance.

Somehow, I don't think a 24,5 year old involved with a man two and a half times her age, in a astronomically more powerful position, viewed it in quite the same way.

Yeah, we have a long way to run yet. Take care of your health, we don't have as much of the PPACA to fall back on these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Bet you had no complaints about Kenneth Starr's 4-year Whitewater investigation of Bill Clinton... veering far off of Whitewater to his sexual dalliance with Monica Lewinsky......did you?

During an investigation they can prosecute for ALL CRIMES UNCOVERED!
Aren't you just soooo pissed they found N-O-T-H-I-N-G to charge HILLARY WITH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 12:22 PM

8,597 posts, read 11,031,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
NO, HE SURE WASN'T. He is nothing but a two-bit lawbreaking crook, and ridiculous failed businessman, plus being a PATHOLOGICAL LYING,Socipath,Subhuman, who doesn't have one single redeeming quality of humankind!
Over ten billion in wealth, and you call that "failed businessman"?
Wow, you set the bar pretty high.

Bob.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,715,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Over ten billion in wealth, and you call that "failed businessman"?
Wow, you set the bar pretty high.

Bob.
OK, the very basics.....

Even Trump admits he was at zero - relatively recently.

Given his inheritance, if he invested in the S&P or similar index he'd be worth about 20 Billion.
If he invested in Warren Buffets stock, he'd be worth closer to 200 Billion.

Now - play along. If you are an active King of Business, the idea is that you can do much better than an index, right????

Now - let's continue. One writer claimed Trump wasn't worth near a Billion. Trump took him to court - and LOST. When asked how he valued his holdings, Trump said he made them up depending on how he felt that day...

At this point - AFTER Russian money (for 20 years, but very heavy for the last decade or so), he may be worth 3 Billion. Maybe.

So, the quiz.....

Is making 1/10th the money of an index fund...while at the same time going bankrupt and ripping off bond holders, banks and contractors "failure" or "success"?

Is making, over 40 years, 1/100th of what you'd have made with a decent investor...."success" or "failure"?

The ONLY possible point to your classification of "success" is that he succeeded in squandering what should have been fortune that was GIVEN to him by his parents.

In my eyes that's a complete and utter failure.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:50 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,747,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Mueller is pathetic. WHERE IS THE RUSSIA CRAP?

Oh yeah, taxes, obstruction, Stormy Daniels, etc. etc. PATHETIC.You are out to destroy this man. We won't let you.
I don't know anyone "who is out to destroy this man." I think(and I can't speak for everyone of course) that we ALL would benefit from a president who is of good moral character, doesn't lie every time he opens his potty mouth, and one who works to unite our country instead of the division Trump has caused.
I had no bad feelings towards Trump when he became president, he ruined that for me.

I don't care who he shags but, it's the payments I want to know about. Where they came from & if it involved campaign financing.
He is his own worst enemy.
As far as the Russia investigation being a 'witch hunt' as some call it, I say this, If Trump has nothing to hide then shut up and let this play out. Easy..and you know if a prosecutor finds another crime while investigating another he or she has to follow it up.
You say "we won't let you" please look t the other side and understand that Trump makes himself look shady and ask yourself do we want a president who does whatever they want or do we want someone who puts the good of the country first.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:51 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,723,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
OK, the very basics.....

Yet he beat every single political opponent from both parties who came at him including all the leftists who call him a failure.

This speaks for itself.

Want to see real failure?

FACE OF FAILURE

Old 08-26-2018, 12:53 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,217,824 times
Quote:
OK, the very basics.....

Even Trump admits he was at zero - relatively recently.

Given his inheritance, if he invested in the S&P or similar index he'd be worth about 20 Billion.

Now - play along. If you are an active King of Business, the idea is that you can do much better than an index, right????

Now - let's continue. One writer claimed Trump wasn't worth near a Billion. Trump took him to court - and LOST. When asked how he valued his holdings, Trump said he made them up depending on how he felt that day...

At this point - AFTER Russian money (for 20 years, but very heavy for the last decade or so), he may be worth 3 Billion. Maybe.

So, the quiz.....

Is making 1/10th the money of an index fund...while at the same time going bankrupt and ripping off bond holders, banks and contractors "failure" or "success"?

Is making, over 40 years, 1/100th of what you'd have made with a decent investor...."success" or "failure"?

The ONLY possible point to your classification of "success" is that he succeeded in squandering what should have been fortune that was GIVEN to him by his parents.

To the bold, is this bill and hillary, zero (broke)?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:55 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,217,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet he beat every single political opponent from both parties who came at him including all the leftists who call him a failure.

This speaks for itself.

Want to see real failure?

FACE OF FAILURE
And lets not forget this beauty:

Quote:
"I can say with confidence there has never been a man or a woman more qualified than Hillary Clinton to serve as president of the United States of America."

Signed obama.....

Old 08-26-2018, 01:13 PM

51,670 posts, read 25,927,081 times
Of course, Mueller has Trump's tax returns.

Why wouldn't he?

He's following the money.

Even Eric has figured that one out by now.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,569,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Did Russia buy condos from Trump?
I don’t think so. Some Russians I am sure did. But I doubt if they paid anything other than market value.
In 2008, Dmitry Rybolovlev bought the Palm Beach mansion owned by Trump for $13 million more than the most expensive Palm Beach mansion sale up to that moment. It's been almost a decade since the sale, but the transaction is newsworthy again as new questions surround contacts between members of Trump's administration and Russian government officials.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...-trump/2316032

Old 08-26-2018, 01:35 PM

23,968 posts, read 12,763,793 times
Quote:
OK, the very basics.....

The basics..
Workaholics tend to die early if they don't work.
Trump is a workaholic.
If Trump would have tied up his money, as you would have had him do, he would have probably died early.
Dying early is okay as long as a person leaves a good investment portfolio?

I will never understand the lefts burning need to control other peoples lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies