Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 11:21 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Obama was vetted? HAHAHAHAH
More than Trump was. At least we saw Obama's tax returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 11:38 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
The IRS has access to his returns...they audit him every year.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:43 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Not another, may, maybe, if, could, should, etc thread!

Robert Mueller may be closing in...

In a related story: monkeys may be flying out of my ass.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:50 PM

23,649 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Your argument is invalid, unless you can prove he does leak. Asking someone to prove a negative is underhanded at best.
Where in my comment, that you'd quoted, did I ask for proof that he did not leak? The first line in that quoted comment was not about leaks it was about taxes. The rest of that quoted comment goes as follows ... "Your proof that mueller doesn't leak is because he filed detailed indictments? You have absolutely no proof that he doesn't leak." <---As you can see there is no request for proof, it is simply a statement of fact.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:54 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Quid pro quo. More than likely Trump helped launder Russian money and in return he has favorable positions towards Russia. And the "subject" of the investigation isn't just coordination between the Trump campaign and Russian officials, but also:

any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation-DoJ, https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...67231/download
Just my opinion, but I agree with that theory and that coming to light is what has Trump and his kids so freaking frightened. Never mind collusion or sex payoffs; laundering Russian $ would put him in a real bad spot (not to mention Republicans in the House and Senate).

Old 08-27-2018, 12:02 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Where in my comment, that you'd quoted, did I ask for proof that he did not leak? The first line in that quoted comment was not about leaks it was about taxes. The rest of that quoted comment goes as follows ... "Your proof that mueller doesn't leak is because he filed detailed indictments? You have absolutely no proof that he doesn't leak." <---As you can see there is no request for proof, it is simply a statement of fact.
It is not a statement of fact, it is a logical fallacy.

Quote:
The argument from ignorance (or argumentum ad ignorantiam and negative proof) is a logical fallacy that claims the truth of a premise is based on the fact that it has not (yet) been proven false, or that a premise is false because it has not (yet) been proven true. This is often phrased as "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Quote:
“â€The very lack of evidence is thus treated as evidence; the absence of smoke proves that the fire is very carefully hidden.
—C.S. Lewis
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Old 08-27-2018, 12:04 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Trump's tax returns have long been a controversial topic. The billionaire real estate mogul first refused to release them on the campaign trial, a normal tradition among presidential candidates. Then-candidate

Trump has argued that he couldn't release the records because he was being audited by the Internal Revenue Service. But previous presidents and vice presidents have also been in the same situation, and have publicly released their tax returns.

Mueller May Have Information on Trump's Tax Returns

Hey everyone...... mark that date "OCT15" on your calendars! Great that it's before the midterm elections,LOL,LOL,LOL!

stupid topic....the IRS has all of Trump's tax returns and so does the New York State tax commission. If they have a problem with his returns they can audit his returns and subpoena bank statements.

You don't need Mueller for that.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:09 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,612 times
I haven't read this thread in its entirety but of course Mueller has Trump's tax returns. Afterall, the IRS does. Just because the public doesn't get to see them doesn't mean the Fed is also in the blind here. What a hilarious post.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The IRS has access to his returns...they audit him every year.
Really and who else has said that ......besides ....and we know he lies so???

Old 08-27-2018, 04:10 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump was never vetted properly. In fact if you hire someone you do a better back ground check then the GOP and the media did.

Trump is our employee and should be checked out.
"Trump was never vetted properly."

Funny you should say that.

Many said the same thing about Obama.

We know MORE about Trump's life before he became president and with only a year and half of being office them we do about Obama's life before becoming president and with 8 years in office.

And the left NEVER COMPLAINED then but, somehow are super concerned now.

I wonder WHY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies